ALCOHOL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2011, 12:37 AM
RE: ALCOHOL
(23-03-2011 05:08 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  I think this thread just went sour ... Sad
Not at all Gaglamesh... It comes down to this sentence...
(23-03-2011 08:07 AM)The_observer Wrote:  Some weekends pass when I only drink one. And, You know what...It never tasted better!
Enjoy your drink, enjoy your drunkenness but stay fucking alert! That's the message!

(23-03-2011 09:47 PM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  I think what Observer said stands as a testament to his will as a person, and to a person's ability to enjoy in moderation. Speaking of moderation:
Health Benefits of Drinking 1 a Day Smile
Thanks! Good link too. Wink

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2011, 01:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oax3cUFsB...ideo_title

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
24-03-2011, 11:25 AM
(24-03-2011 01:40 AM)daemonowner Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oax3cUFsB...ideo_title
[Image: facebook_like_button_big.jpg]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
24-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:Enjoy your drink, enjoy your drunkenness but stay fucking alert! That's the message!

Well , I stay away from the heavy stuff usually.It's just beer for me at all times.
And after 4-5 beers you can't drink anymore even if you want to - you're just too bloated.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
24-03-2011, 10:33 PM
(24-03-2011 01:10 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Well , I stay away from the heavy stuff usually.It's just beer for me at all times.
And after 4-5 beers you can't drink anymore even if you want to - you're just too bloated.
You stay away from heavy stuff but can only drink 4 or 5? My friend, if only we lived near each other, we would work on your tolerance Smile
Had Chimay Red for the first time tonight. Slightly bitter beginning went into a fruity taste with a slightly bitter end. Very smooth mouth feel. Excellent beer. 5/5.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
25-03-2011, 01:00 AM
(24-03-2011 10:33 PM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  Had Chimay Red for the first time tonight. Slightly bitter beginning went into a fruity taste with a slightly bitter end. Very smooth mouth feel. Excellent beer. 5/5.
I am guessing you going to have to give blue 6/5 then Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
25-03-2011, 06:52 AM
Well , my maximum is 8 beers , I admit , but c'mon that's like 4 liters , do better if you can , I can't beyond that - I just feel like a damned hot air balloon.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
27-03-2011, 01:27 PM
It's going to be a while before I can get my hands on some Blue I think. I couldn't find it at the local grocery store, and it has a really good stock of options. Just picked up a Belgian-style IPA yesterday, Flying Dog's Raging Bitch. Very watery head, no lacing. Faint aroma and flavor of dark fruit (possibly raisins?) going along with the good old hops. I know it's a Belgian-style IPA, but I hold all IPA's up to the gold standard of Dogfish Head's 90 minute IPA, and Raging only got 3.5 out of me.

27-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Interesting. I never thought "Belgian style" would be something other country's would adopt. I'd like to try some.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
27-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Oh definitely. Unibroue, a Canadian brewer, has a Belgian style beer called La Fin Du Monde that my friend raves about. Ommegang (Duvel's American branch) has one, there are a lot. And some of them are excellent. Extrapolating from Belgian style beer, I would say Belgium really knows their way around my favorite beverage. And judging by it's popularity in the states, I'm not the only one who appreciates it.