ALCOHOL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2011, 10:51 PM
RE: ALCOHOL
(09-05-2011 09:18 PM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  As for cellaring Chimay blue, I don't know about cellaring that style, I've never come across anything that light that was aged. Most of the cellared beers I've seen have been darker. May be worth looking into though.
???
Are we talking about the same beer? Chimay bleu is almost pitch black. (only topped by Guinness)
Anyway.
I bought 3 75cl bottles this weekend, wrote a date on them and put them besides wifey's wine-bottles on the rack. Lets see in... 2013 or 14 or so...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2011, 08:48 AM
I don't like to partake of anything that may dull my mind. I'm a bit of a control freak like that.

For God so loved the world that he arranged for everyone to both have free will and to suffer the terrible consequences of making the wrong choice. Kind of a dick move, God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-05-2011, 11:26 AM
(09-05-2011 10:51 PM)The_observer Wrote:  ???
Are we talking about the same beer? Chimay bleu is almost pitch black. (only topped by Guinness)
Anyway.
I bought 3 75cl bottles this weekend, wrote a date on them and put them besides wifey's wine-bottles on the rack. Lets see in... 2013 or 14 or so...
Hmm. Mine wasn't comparable with guinness. It was certainly dark dark brown, but I've only ever had dark (black as the deep recesses of Pat Robertsons mind) stouts that I'd seen cellared. Although the Lager I put away a couple months ago isn't as dark as the Bleu was, so yeah, likely worth a try.
This being my first go-round with cellaring, I have two different packs sitting for a year and another pack sitting for a year and a half.

I'm very happy to say that I'm going to an international beer festival this saturday night. Yum. My ticket only gets me 30 tastings of the estimated 800 different brews there though, so I'm hoping that I can buy more tastings if I get through the 30 quickly. Going to have to make a priority list...

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
Find all posts by this user
16-05-2011, 02:43 PM

I pretty much drink anything that is fairly strong my favorite drink is 1 shot Triple Sec 1 Shot Bacardi Limon 1 Shot Absolut Citron 1 and 1 shot of everclear mixed well without ice and poured into a rock glass 2 of those will give ya a good buzz and anymore than that and you probably wont remember your night or your name HuhBig Grin
Quote this message in a reply