ALCOHOL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2010, 11:55 PM
RE: ALCOHOL
(12-12-2010 07:52 PM)No J. Wrote:  When your desire is to come down, the honeymoon is definitely over.

Uhm , what do you mean ? (I can't get the expression used here)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2010, 09:01 AM
I just noticed this thread. Can't believe how many teetotalers there are on this site. You'd think it was a christian site or something!

Anyway, I'm a big beer fan. I mostly drink the low carb stuff but more for health and diet reasons then preference. From September until January I will dabble with various fall brews, pumpkin ales and winter stouts but otherwise I stick to the low carb beers. I don't drink as much as I used to but I generally keep at least a case in the house and will often have one at the end of the day.

My other big drink is vodka. Belvedere on the rocks is my preference and Kettle One if they don't have Belvedere. I usually keep a bottle of that hidden in the house as well, but I drink that less frequently. Having a beer at the end of the day is one thing. When you have a regular vodka habit, I think that is a problem. If we go out to dinner, though, I'll usually go for the vodka.

I like red wine, and will drink it when out with people. We usually have some wine in the house but only because other people bring it. I rarely buy it and we only open it when company is over who wants it. My wife is a recovering alcoholic and while she isn't tempted by beer or vodka, wine could be a problem so I just stay away from it.

I used to be a much heavier drinker then I currently am, but age and responsibility (and inability to recover) have really changed that. Now it's rare I have 2 drinks in a day.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
13-12-2010, 10:24 AM
I honestly had plenty of beer on a daily basis while in college.
I still drank a lot after , but I learnt to take breaks to allow my body to recover.
Now I drink fairly rare , and stay away from spirits.
Too bad you can't come to Romania and try some Tuica.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuica
13-12-2010, 05:05 PM

(12-12-2010 12:46 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Alcohol doesn't make you feel good ?! Huh
Why drink then ? Just with a meal , or ?

Not even a little ... even one glass of wine gives me the hot and sweaties. Ewww.

Hence the reason I don't drink much or often.

I agree with BNW ... it's weird how many on this site don't drink. So much for the life of immorality I was supposed to be living as an atheist! Wink
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2010, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2010 06:20 PM by jmick.)
I met a lawyer at a christmas party years ago who's motto was," I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy" I understand what he meant...
13-12-2010, 08:13 PM
(13-12-2010 05:05 PM)athnostic Wrote:  Not even a little ... even one glass of wine gives me the hot and sweaties.

The "hot and sweaties" comment is the reason that if we were married we'd be having wine with every meal. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner would all be served with wine.

Probably best that we've never met in real life.

13-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm curious if lifestyle has anything to do with it ?
I have atheist friends who listen to metal and they drink hard like me.
What do you teetotalers listen to ? - no offense intended but I am curios if there is a correlation between lifestyle choice and alcohol consumption.

Like someone once said , if you have a drug problem , burn your music. Big Grin
13-12-2010, 09:17 PM

(13-12-2010 08:29 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  I'm curious if lifestyle has anything to do with it ?
I have atheist friends who listen to metal and they drink hard like me.
What do you teetotalers listen to ? - no offense intended but I am curios if there is a correlation between lifestyle choice and alcohol consumption.

Like someone once said , if you have a drug problem , burn your music. Big Grin

My absolute favorite band of all time is Avenged Sevenfold, so ... I don't know. Wink I like guys who can SCREAMMMMM! LOL
(13-12-2010 08:13 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(13-12-2010 05:05 PM)athnostic Wrote:  Not even a little ... even one glass of wine gives me the hot and sweaties.

The "hot and sweaties" comment is the reason that if we were married we'd be having wine with every meal. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner would all be served with wine.

Probably best that we've never met in real life.

LOL, perhaps so. Wink
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Just as well, really, as my wife won't let me date. I know, I've asked. She's a real stickler on the topic, too.

Sometimes life just isn't fair.

13-12-2010, 10:07 PM
I've started drinking "Asahi Cocktail Partner"s. They're pretty good. I bought an Asahi Lager Beer yesterday and I absolutely hated it. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user