ALCOHOL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2010, 02:24 AM
RE: ALCOHOL
(12-12-2010 11:55 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  
(12-12-2010 07:52 PM)No J. Wrote:  When your desire is to come down, the honeymoon is definitely over.

Uhm , what do you mean ? (I can't get the expression used here)

"The good times are gone, there is no point going on." "When you just want to stop being high, then it is no fun anymore," is another way of saying it. I hope this answers the question.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2010, 08:41 PM
You know what makes working late much more tolerable?

Beer, that's what. I should have thought of this earlier. Of course, it's probably prolonging how long I'm going to be at this (9:40 PM as I'm typing). Taking a time-out to hit this board probably isn't helping me get finished either but a few more beers and I really won't care!

Anyway, just a helpful tip from me to all of you. Or, as Homer Simpson once put it: "To alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."

Seriously, some of you just need to drink more. (I'm talking to you, Athnostic! :heartSmile

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
14-12-2010, 09:48 PM

(14-12-2010 08:41 PM)BnW Wrote:  Seriously, some of you just need to drink more. (I'm talking to you, Athnostic! :heartSmile

I think tonight I need some Xanax ... whimper.
Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2010, 06:33 AM

No question, Black Russian Exclamation Vodka and whatever you think is the best coffee liquor (ie: Kahlua).
15-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Uhm , isn't it a bad idea to combine alcohol and coffee ?
15-12-2010, 11:00 PM

(15-12-2010 09:52 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Uhm , isn't it a bad idea to combine alcohol and coffee ?

Maybe in those soda pop drinks where there's the equivalent of 8 shots of espresso and alcohol...

But no, in my lengthy experience of drinking them, it's a very good idea.....
16-12-2010, 02:16 AM
Have to do some research.
I'll get back to you on that.(sometime)
17-12-2010, 10:26 AM
I never drink coffee and I can't imaging degrading vodka by mixing it with anything unless we're talking rotgot, crap vodka.

A Scottish colleague of mine gave me the equivalent of an airplane bottle of Glenfiddich as a holiday gift. I'm not really a whiskey drinker but perhaps this will open up a whole new world for me. I work with a lot of Scots and they all rave about the whiskey of Scotland so maybe this could be a new career "in" for me. I'll probably break it open this weekend.

17-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Good, 15 year aged Scotch has the ability to be real smooth, but if you over do it, it can hit you like a freight train.
17-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Well, considering I've got enough for one glass, I'm not overly concerned about over doing it. But, point taken.