ALCOHOL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2010, 02:19 AM
RE: ALCOHOL
Wow , you guys now the good stuff Smile
When it comes to spirits I honestly prefer Absolut Vodka - it's just clean and doesn't make me nauseous or give me head pains.I also like homemade local spirits.

Oh , by the way , BnW you're almost on post 666 Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2010, 02:53 AM
(17-12-2010 10:26 AM)BnW Wrote:  A Scottish colleague of mine gave me the equivalent of an airplane bottle of Glenfiddich as a holiday gift. I'm not really a whiskey drinker but perhaps this will open up a whole new world for me.

I bought a bottle of Glenfiddich 18yo a few months back. If you like the 12yo i recommend you try the 18yo. not all whiskeys get better with age, but Glenfiddich definitely does!

I think I'm gonna start a whiskey thread. Smile

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
18-12-2010, 08:08 AM
(18-12-2010 02:19 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Wow , you guys now the good stuff Smile
When it comes to spirits I honestly prefer Absolut Vodka - it's just clean and doesn't make me nauseous or give me head pains.I also like homemade local spirits.

Oh , by the way , BnW you're almost on post 666 Big Grin

If you like absolute I highly recommend you try Belvedere or Kettle One. They both blow Absolut away.

TNM - the whiskey was 15 yo and it was ok. I responded to you in the "Whiskey" thread.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
18-12-2010, 11:14 AM
(18-12-2010 08:08 AM)BnW Wrote:  If you like absolute I highly recommend you try Belvedere or Kettle One. They both blow Absolut away.

I don't know if I can find that stuff in my part of the world but I'll keep my eyes open.
18-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Belvedere is Polish so I'd think it would flow like water out your way. Not sure where Kettle One is from.

18-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Vodka is tasteless and has no real smell if done properly, so what's the point? There's bad vodka which tastes like crap and good vodka which tastes like nothing.
That said, I looooove bloody marys
19-12-2010, 08:42 AM
(18-12-2010 12:02 PM)BnW Wrote:  Belvedere is Polish so I'd think it would flow like water out your way. Not sure where Kettle One is from.

Depends on what people who import products think is worth.In vodka I've seen Moskovaia,Smirnoff , Absolut , Finlandia , Perfect(local crap) and that's about it.

(18-12-2010 11:21 PM)gamutman Wrote:  Vodka is tasteless and has no real smell if done properly, so what's the point? There's bad vodka which tastes like crap and good vodka which tastes like nothing.

Vodka comes from vada which means water.It's meant to be drunk in shots to warm you up in the cold.That's how it was "designed".
Experts can tell the good from the bad , but it takes years to get that skill.
19-12-2010, 09:18 AM
I can tell the good from the bad, but usually not until the next morning.

20-12-2010, 02:36 AM

(18-12-2010 11:21 PM)gamutman Wrote:  Vodka is tasteless and has no real smell if done properly, so what's the point? There's bad vodka which tastes like crap and good vodka which tastes like nothing.

Smile That's why you mix it with kahlua Exclamation
Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2010, 04:04 AM
(19-12-2010 09:18 AM)BnW Wrote:  I can tell the good from the bad, but usually not until the next morning.

Amen !