• 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2010, 12:36 AM

RE: ALCOHOL
Alexander Keiths!!
Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Do any of you live in Scandinavia ?
Is alcohol controlled on ration cards in Norway , Sweden and Finland ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2010, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2010 01:40 PM by Kikko.)
Quote:Is alcohol controlled on ration cards in Norway , Sweden and Finland ?
Not in Finland. We had a prohibition once, but that was a huge failure.
Is that just a myth about Norther Countries or is Romania so out of booze that you have to regulate it with ration cards? Smile

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
21-12-2010, 01:12 PM
(21-12-2010 11:01 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Do any of you live in Scandinavia ?
Is alcohol controlled on ration cards in Norway , Sweden and Finland ?

Haha!! Finland... rationing alcohol... god one! there are no smiley's on the web to describe the LOL I just had! Big Grin

But seriously though, no.. And not in Norway or Sweden either. nothings been rationed in Norway since the beginning of the 60s when things had stabilized after the war.

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
22-12-2010, 04:37 AM
I can still come and live in Scandinavia .... YUPEEEEEEEEE !!!!

(21-12-2010 12:27 PM)Kikko Wrote:  Is that just a myth about Norther Countries or is Romania so out of booze that you have to regulate it with ration cards? Smile

No , I'm just interested in leaving my corrupt country behind.I want to live decently and I can think of no better place then the Scandinavian Countries.I don't want to be rich or famous , just a decent lifestyle around decent people. I am utterly sick of the corruption in my country.I am sick of crying when I see elderly people buy rotten vegetables because they are cheaper.I'm sick of idiots with thick necks make the law and I'm sick of corrupt politicians.
I can take this garbage any more.

(21-12-2010 01:12 PM)ThinkingNorseman Wrote:  Haha!! Finland... rationing alcohol... god one! there are no smiley's on the web to describe the LOL I just had! Big Grin

But seriously though, no.. And not in Norway or Sweden either. nothings been rationed in Norway since the beginning of the 60s when things had stabilized after the war.

Please provide some links to laws if you can.I have trouble navigating some non english government pages.I have to stay skeptical , sorry.
22-12-2010, 10:13 AM
(22-12-2010 04:37 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Please provide some links to laws if you can.I have trouble navigating some non english government pages.I have to stay skeptical , sorry.

The easy version for Norway:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinmonopolet

The official norwegian "law online":
http://www.ub.uio.no/ujur/ulov/english.html

Just type "alcohol" in the search bar and you will get the information in both Norwegian and English.

EDIT:
From what I remember the difference between Norway, Finland and Sweden is that beer in ordinary shops can be as strong as 4,75% in Norway and Finland, but only 2,25% in Sweden.

22-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Thanks.

(22-12-2010 10:13 AM)ThinkingNorseman Wrote:  From what I remember the difference between Norway, Finland and Sweden is that beer in ordinary shops can be as strong as 4,75% in Norway and Finland, but only 2,25% in Sweden.

So in essence no Scandinavian countries ration alcohol ?
Big Grin - says yes, says yes, says yes....
23-12-2010, 01:01 AM
(22-12-2010 04:31 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  So in essence no Scandinavian countries ration alcohol ?
Big Grin - says yes, says yes, says yes....

I already said yes, siad yes, said yes!

But the prices are insane though. At least in Norway. In fact, we are second only to Iceland when it comes to high alcohol prices.

23-12-2010, 12:33 PM
YAY.
I'll visit you one day and bring you a crate of local alcohol from my home country - hope I don't have to pay tax , it is for personal use Big Grin
23-12-2010, 05:26 PM
You will be very welcome. the tax will depend on how much you bring with you. we have a tax free quota. but we can go in to the specifics of that when you decide to come over. Just PM me when you need the info.