ALCOHOL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2010, 09:37 AM
RE: ALCOHOL
(31-12-2010 08:57 AM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  Unfortunately I'm getting a cold, and I like to taste my beer too much to drink it while I'm sick. Sad

I don't get this-sorry.You want to drink beer but you can't because you're sick ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2010, 10:36 AM
(31-12-2010 09:37 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  
(31-12-2010 08:57 AM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  Unfortunately I'm getting a cold, and I like to taste my beer too much to drink it while I'm sick. Sad

I don't get this-sorry.You want to drink beer but you can't because you're sick ?

Right. I could drink it, but because I'm getting a head cold, my taste buds are not working correctly. I don't see much point in spending good money for a good bottle of beer and not be able to truly enjoy it.

Now, I might have a sip or two of bourbon for New Year's though. That's strong enough to break through the head cold!

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
01-01-2011, 03:11 AM
I see.Weird that your taste buds go out when you have a cold.
I never have that , my colds usually go from throat to nose to airways - no tongue.
Hope you get well soon.I'll drink for you if you want ! Tongue
01-01-2011, 07:20 AM
(31-12-2010 05:22 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Question : Why do they not make Champagne out of red wine ?
They can. But the aim of champagne is to have a refreshing drink. You don't get that in that case. Its to strong. If you want to try something like that I recommend "Mattheus Rosé". That is alike but still drinkable.

(31-12-2010 08:57 AM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  
(30-12-2010 09:17 AM)The_observer Wrote:  Mine: "TRAPPIST" strong brown Belgian beer (9° of alcohol)

I've got a moral problem there though... Its brewed under monks supervision... Undecided

I love beer of all kinds, but the Belgian styles, trappist in particular, are some of my favorites. I had a Chimay Special Reserve just the other night and I've got a Rochefort 8 sitting at home with my name on it. I also recently picked up a 6 pack of New Belgium (not a Belgian brewery) Abbey Ale, which is in the trappist style. Good stuff for not being the "real deal."

Unfortunately I'm getting a cold, and I like to taste my beer too much to drink it while I'm sick. Sad
Chimay AND Rochfort! Here's to someone with good taste. Cheers!

2 days ago the Abby of Rochfort burned down. The chapel and monks quarters burned down but the library with the knowledge and brewery where saved. Starting to like their magical skydaddies humor Smile

Get well soon.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
01-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Wow you guys are quite the connoisseur - my only choice at "exotic" beer is restricted to Paulaner and Leffe. Sad
01-01-2011, 02:31 PM
(01-01-2011 12:07 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Wow you guys are quite the connoisseur - my only choice at "exotic" beer is restricted to Paulaner and Leffe. Sad
Keeping track of my drinking habit: I rationed myself on 2 or 3 and drink only in the weekend. Turned out there are a lot of alcohol-related problems in my family and I don't want to be the next one.

Leffe.. blond? brown? 9°? Radieuse? Christmas?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
01-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Leffe brune.
I still like Paulaner though.
Most beer I can buy is garbage and give me the runs.
Mainstream brands I buy are Carlsberg , Heineken or Stella Artois.
04-01-2011, 03:03 PM
(21-12-2010 12:36 AM)mBear Wrote:  Alexander Keiths!!

I like the way you think Tongue Canadian beer imported from the distant land of Nova Scotia Wink East-Coasters know how to brew good beer!

As for hard alcohol, I've eased off most of it since my year of partying after high school. I do enjoy a glass of Kahlua mixed with rootbeer or Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum mixed with Dr Pepper (mmm, very spicy!) every once in awhile.

I would be curious to try New Zealand's 42 Below Vodka if I liked vodka, simply 'cause their commercials are so awesome:

42 Below Vodka - Good Thought (Note when he says that Adam was "invented" Tongue)

42 Below Vodka Ad (This one's my favourite!)

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
04-01-2011, 05:16 PM
I love Vodka so maybe I'll try this out at some point.

I also love beer but I'm giving it up for a while. I've put on 9 lbs since November and it's now time to start working out again and losing that weight. Besides, it will be cycling season soon and I've got to get back into shape.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
05-01-2011, 11:53 AM
(04-01-2011 05:16 PM)BnW Wrote:  I also love beer but I'm giving it up for a while. I've put on 9 lbs since November and it's now time to start working out again and losing that weight. Besides, it will be cycling season soon and I've got to get back into shape.

Whoa ... how are you gonna loose 9 lbs that fast ?
What technique do you use ?