ALCOHOL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2011, 10:19 AM
RE: ALCOHOL
Ah, beer, I love thee so. If I'm just in the mood to drink, drink, drink, I like Yuengling, an amazing beer from Pennsylvania. If I'm in it for the enjoyment of the brew, my favorite is Lakefront's Holiday Spice Lager, an extremely smooth 11% ABV that smells heavily of alcohol.
If it's not beer I usually stick with vodka mixed somehow or Crown and Coke.

I recently started the Winking Lizard world beer tour though, and I am excited to be trying many new things. Anyone else the experimental type?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2011, 10:58 AM
(05-01-2011 11:53 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  
(04-01-2011 05:16 PM)BnW Wrote:  I also love beer but I'm giving it up for a while. I've put on 9 lbs since November and it's now time to start working out again and losing that weight. Besides, it will be cycling season soon and I've got to get back into shape.

Whoa ... how are you gonna loose 9 lbs that fast ?
What technique do you use ?

Eat less, exercise more.

If I stick with my routine, I'll drop the weight by the time I get back on the bike in April. And, any lingering weight will come off quickly once I'm pedaling regularly outside again. Right now I'm going between weights and riding the bike on the trainer. The problem with the trainer is it's boring as hell. I'm good for maybe 45 minutes and then I'm just done. I have a heart monitor so I try to do intervals where I try to hold my heart rate at different levels for a minute each, working it up until I just about "blow up" and then starting it all over again when I get back down to 120 or so.

Losing weight really isn't that difficult. Keeping it off take a little more work, though, but in the summer it's easy for me.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
06-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Yeah - sticking to a routine is the difficult part.
I hate summer though , can't stand the heat , so I stay indoors during the day and only go out at night.That kind of sleep schedule has negative effects on my waistline Big Grin
06-01-2011, 03:50 PM
I'll stick with it. I just follow my normal schedule for the year.

As for the heat, during the summers I get out early to do long rides. On Saturdays I'm out the door by 7:30 AM at the very latest, and usually try to be out between 6:30 - 7. The trick is to get through 20 - 30 miles before it starts to really get hot. During the week it's tougher to ride early so I'll go out around 6 or so and do as much as I can, but sometimes it's just very hot out. I bring a lot of water with me, usually about 60oz of so.

And, just to stay on topic, then I come home and drink beer. Seriously, that's my normal routine, but I'm going to try to seriously reduce the beer intake this year. Which, of course, means more vodka!

06-01-2011, 05:01 PM
(06-01-2011 03:50 PM)BnW Wrote:  And, just to stay on topic, then I come home and drink beer. Seriously, that's my normal routine, but I'm going to try to seriously reduce the beer intake this year. Which, of course, means more vodka!

Aren't you getting more calories from vodka ? Or does it hit you sooner and you stop after a shot or two ?
06-01-2011, 07:17 PM
I just don't drink as much of it or drink it as often. Plus, I won't come up from a 4 hour ride and pour a vodka. I would, however, grab a beer out of the fridge.

Drives my wife crazy too. I'll get up, ride 50 or 60 miles into the hills, come home, sit down, eat something, and grab a beer. She looks at me like I'm insane.

07-01-2011, 09:45 AM
WOW - 50 miles , that's a lot of exercise.

Remind me to not get married Tongue

I tend to drink about 6 beers , get angry at video games , swear , swear even more loudly , worry if the neighbors heard me then go to bed Big Grin
07-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Yes, it is a lot of miles. That's why I reward myself with a beer. Frankly, at that point, I deserve it!

08-01-2011, 04:10 PM
(07-01-2011 05:01 PM)BnW Wrote:  Yes, it is a lot of miles. That's why I reward myself with a beer. Frankly, at that point, I deserve it!

Damn right !!! Rolleyes
29-01-2011, 04:27 PM
I've recently had 2 brews from the Stone Brewing Company: Arrogant Bastard and Ruination. I found Arrogant Bastard to be an excellent beer, though perhaps a bit flavorful and rich for the bud light-style drinker. The unfolding complexities of this beer were just jaw-dropping, and if I had a list of all-time favorites, this beer would be on it.
Ruination was good, but it was almost a vulgar display of power in the IBU realm. It was a more interesting IPA than your standard, but I think their overzealous focus on making the most bitter brew they could ran over the rest of the package. I personally still prefer Dogfish Head's 90 minute IPA over most other IPAs I've had.