ALERT "Unpacking Atheism" by William Lane craig and Lee Strobel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2012, 11:36 PM
RE: ALERT "Unpacking Atheism" by William Lane craig and Lee Strobel
The Circus is in Town! Yeee haawwwww!

Wait... I think I am being to nice to call it a circus.

Zoo Exhibit of Flying Ass Ignorant Troll Monkey is more like the proper term.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Numenor's post
27-09-2012, 11:38 PM
(27-09-2012 11:27 PM)kim Wrote:  I couldn't get through the entire video, my bandwidth is for shit. So, what does it mean by "unpacking"?
What new bunch of goofy shit did these idiots make up this time? Shy

So far the impression i get is a "breakdown" or analysis. More like overanalyzing something and calling it things it isn't, and assigning assumptions that don't belong there.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
27-09-2012, 11:43 PM
(27-09-2012 11:38 PM)Logisch Wrote:  So far the impression i get is a "breakdown" or analysis. More like overanalyzing something and calling it things it isn't, and assigning assumptions that don't belong there.

Oh darn, same old crap? I thought they'd at least do something new and improved. They don't get it... 2000 years and the shit gets old. Undecided

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
27-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Nothing new, just a new coating or flavor to swallow the same crap.
27-09-2012, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2012 05:19 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-09-2012 11:27 PM)kim Wrote:  I couldn't get through the entire video, my bandwidth is for shit. So, what does it mean by "unpacking"?
What new bunch of goofy shit did these idiots make up this time? Shy

"Unpacking" is basically a disrespectful, dis-affirming, or non-validation of honest positions, and an arrogant presumption of bad faith. They attempt to "invalidate" non-belief by saying it's "sinful, rebellion", and not a legitimate position. However, that is not really the traditional view of Christianity, (academically, anyway). "Unpacking" has a patronizing, uncharitable, almost "high-schoolish" "snickering" air about it. Like "how could they be so evil and stupid ?"

I intend to take that on, when I finish getting through Feser's book, "The last Superstition". Since they are fundies, they don't even know enough about their own traditions to realize, the classical position is "no one shall come to me, unless the Father draw him", and "many are called , but few are chosen". They do not hold that non-belief is a legitimate, good faith, position, and that originally, the Pauline view was that faith was one of the virtues, "granted by the Spirit". They make up their stuff, as it sells. Modern American Protestant Fundamentalism is very different, in many ways from traditional European Christianity. It has a very harsh literalist edge, which is hard to explain, but is interesting , historically, as a movement. Unfortunately, the Catholics also seem to have adopted it, these days.

hoc got me thinking that the concepts in Tao, from the East, and the very highest level of the Catholic traditions of mystical prayer, (which they almost never talk about, except in monastic circles), ie "contemplation", or "pure contemplation" ..the "cloud of the unknowing", by the unknown English Medieval mystic, and the Dark Night of the Soul, (John of the Cross), and the Christian mystics, (Teresa of Avila, Hildegaard von Bingen), and Agnosticism are, on a practical level, all exactly the same thing....ie one is simply left operating in (a) "darkness".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Assistant Manager, Vice Detection, Whoville : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-09-2012, 12:21 AM
(27-09-2012 11:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  hoc got me thinking that the concepts in Tao, from the East, and the very highest level of the Catholic traditions of mystical prayer, (which they almost never talk about, ie "contemplation" ..the "cloud of the unknowing", by the unknown English Medieval mystic, and the Dark Night of the Soul, (John of the Cross), and the Christian mystics, (Teresa of Avila, Hildegaard von Bingen), and Agnosticism are, on a practical level, all exactly the same thing....ie one is simply left operating in a "darkness".

Fundamentally, that's true - they are the same. Modern Christianity has rejected the notion that not all will follow. They are obsessed with "gathering souls" for Christ ... which btw, should not concern them.

Hildegard of Bingen... hmm. She was a genius... on a par with Leonardo. Well, maybe more like Galileo ... Leonardo rarely finished anything he started.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
28-09-2012, 12:41 AM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2012 01:07 AM by Bucky Ball.)
What the video didn't show.

And here's a taste of the level of discussion he is capable of, and his (face-palm inducing), unexamined premises.
http://www.reasonablefaith.org/navigatin...-landscape

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Assistant Manager, Vice Detection, Whoville : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

28-09-2012, 12:45 AM
OH what a shocker... religion making bank off of people.
28-09-2012, 05:21 AM
(27-09-2012 11:36 PM)Numenor Wrote:  The Circus is in Town! Yeee haawwwww!

Wait... I think I am being to nice to call it a circus.

Zoo Exhibit of Flying Ass Ignorant Troll Monkey is more like the proper term.

If you change monkey to hobgoblin, you got FAITH. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
28-09-2012, 11:12 AM
BTW I should have been clear from the outset that I did not create that video. It was created by a very smart youtuber named Brett Palmer who has a ton of high quality videos examining everything about christianity in detail from claims of giant nephilim skeletons to fallacious apologetics.

"It takes a smart man to know when he's being stupid." ~~Barney Rubble