ALERT "Unpacking Atheism" by William Lane craig and Lee Strobel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2012, 04:53 PM
(16-10-2012 04:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-10-2012 04:01 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  You know, it would be cool to do a series of video clips where you can watch a single argument by Craig, followed by a text or video rebuttal to the argument. It would be a great resource to have, where you could look up individual Craig arguments and the counters to them. I'd be interested in helping with this project. I do video editing at work... anyone do voice over work?

We could start a channel and launch four or five of these videos. And enable the comments, of course, because that's half the fun of youtube.

Cool. That would be fun. Lightninlives mostly, (with input from me), is doing one on Creationism/Probability/Intelligent Design.

If you see the "Unpacking" video out, before I do, let us know. They can turn off the comments. They can't stop us from posting our own videos.
I don't do voice-over, but I could record the audio. My voice is fine, (as long as I don't talk too fast Weeping ).

Not to mention, sultry to the point of distraction. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: ALERT "Unpacking Atheism" by William Lane craig and Lee Strobel
(16-10-2012 04:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(16-10-2012 04:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Cool. That would be fun. Lightninlives mostly, (with input from me), is doing one on Creationism/Probability/Intelligent Design.

If you see the "Unpacking" video out, before I do, let us know. They can turn off the comments. They can't stop us from posting our own videos.
I don't do voice-over, but I could record the audio. My voice is fine, (as long as I don't talk too fast Weeping ).

Not to mention, sultry to the point of distraction. Drinking Beverage

Dodgy And just how would you know that ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
16-10-2012, 05:56 PM
I'd like a chance to audition for the voiceover. No experience, but my wife says my voice is soothing when I read aloud to her.

Send me some script and I'll record a sample. If it doesn't put everyone to sleep let me know.

Or, I could just record me reading from The Hobbit since I'm reading it to my wife and son now and I could send that. Let me know if you're interested. Big Grin

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
16-10-2012, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2012 11:53 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-10-2012 05:56 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I'd like a chance to audition for the voiceover. No experience, but my wife says my voice is soothing when I read aloud to her.

Send me some script and I'll record a sample. If it doesn't put everyone to sleep let me know.

Or, I could just record me reading from The Hobbit since I'm reading it to my wife and son now and I could send that. Let me know if you're interested. Big Grin

You're on. Thanks

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-10-2012, 06:16 PM
(16-10-2012 05:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-10-2012 04:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Not to mention, sultry to the point of distraction. Drinking Beverage

Dodgy And just how would you know that ?

I've heard stories. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
17-10-2012, 10:18 AM
So lets give this a try on a test video.

The biggest concern here is getting shut down for some sort of copyright infringement if we use restricted video footage. I'm thinking I'll just use audio with photos of Craig vs his official debates. If you're legal savvy and know I can do otherwise, please inform me.

Let's put the following together:

1. Which of Craig's arguments we want to debate;
2. A link to a YouTube video of said argument (I'll take care of getting the video and/or audio, if possible);
3. A script of the rebuttal, edited and reviewed by our brightest forum minds;
4. A WAV or AIFF audio file reading the rebuttal;

I'll take care of setting up the youtube channel and putting all the assets together into a finished video. And no rush on this, we're all busy enough as it is...

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 3 users Like guitar_nut's post
17-10-2012, 10:30 AM
(17-10-2012 10:18 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  So lets give this a try on a test video.

The biggest concern here is getting shut down for some sort of copyright infringement if we use restricted video footage. I'm thinking I'll just use audio with photos of Craig vs his official debates. If you're legal savvy and know I can do otherwise, please inform me.

Let's put the following together:

1. Which of Craig's arguments we want to debate;
2. A link to a YouTube video of said argument (I'll take care of getting the video and/or audio, if possible);
3. A script of the rebuttal, edited and reviewed by our brightest forum minds;
4. A WAV or AIFF audio file reading the rebuttal;

I'll take care of setting up the youtube channel and putting all the assets together into a finished video. And no rush on this, we're all busy enough as it is...

First, lets wait till the latest video on this conference comes out. By then, I'll re-review some of the old ones, (for example from last Summer's "On Guard" conference). Then we can make the list, of what to address. I agree, we don't actually need to risk using his vids. We can use photos etc, and other visual things, and bullet points.

17-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Sorry I didn't sneak in a sneaky cam to get the points Sad I will grab the notes later and see if thee are any main points to grab from there to start with.
17-10-2012, 11:56 AM
(17-10-2012 10:57 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Sorry I didn't sneak in a sneaky cam to get the points Sad I will grab the notes later and see if thee are any main points to grab from there to start with.

Not to worry. There won't be anything new. We do need you to help, review everything, and make sure all the points are addressed, but Craig and Co. packaged this deal a long time ago, and have not changed the script in many years. For THAT kind of money, you'd think he would at least add something different. He doesn't.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-10-2012, 02:40 PM
(16-10-2012 06:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You're on. Thanks

Here's a thought. Any chance Seth would like to contribute his professionally trained pipes to the voiceover? It would have much more impact with someone like him reading the rebuttal, don't you think?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum