ALERT "Unpacking Atheism" by William Lane craig and Lee Strobel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2012, 01:21 PM
RE: ALERT "Unpacking Atheism" by William Lane craig and Lee Strobel
(19-10-2012 12:06 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  OK, trying out the "Attachment" feature of a forum post. If the size is too large I will trim. Let me know if you prefer a format that does not require iTunes.

EDIT: I see no indication of an attachment to this post. Anyone else?

EDIT: Looks like I am not allowed to upload attachments.

You must have been naughty.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-10-2012, 02:43 PM
(19-10-2012 01:21 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(19-10-2012 12:06 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  OK, trying out the "Attachment" feature of a forum post. If the size is too large I will trim. Let me know if you prefer a format that does not require iTunes.

EDIT: I see no indication of an attachment to this post. Anyone else?

EDIT: Looks like I am not allowed to upload attachments.

You must have been naughty.

Perhaps, but my money's on me just being a n00b. Tongue

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
16-12-2012, 08:04 PM
The original simulcast is On Demand, not sure where.

I found this summary

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...pologists/
16-12-2012, 08:53 PM
(16-12-2012 08:04 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  The original simulcast is On Demand, not sure where.

I found this summary

I'm not all that sure if the summary is reliable, however, should the following paragraph be an accurate representation, it'd both laughable and sad.

"In addressing atheists, Craig admitted that they can live moral lives, but insisted that God is the basis for morality whether people believe in him or not. He claimed to have won all his debates and expressed a fondness for Hitchens, referring to him as a “curmudgeonly uncle.” But he obviously had no such feelings for Richard Dawkins, dismissing him as a “professor of public relations or something,” and mocking the fact that Dawkins has refused to debate him."

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
16-12-2012, 08:55 PM
(16-12-2012 08:53 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 08:04 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  The original simulcast is On Demand, not sure where.

I found this summary

I'm not all that sure if the summary is reliable, however, should the following paragraph be an accurate representation, it'd both laughable and sad.

"In addressing atheists, Craig admitted that they can live moral lives, but insisted that God is the basis for morality whether people believe in him or not. He claimed to have won all his debates and expressed a fondness for Hitchens, referring to him as a “curmudgeonly uncle.” But he obviously had no such feelings for Richard Dawkins, dismissing him as a “professor of public relations or something,” and mocking the fact that Dawkins has refused to debate him."

Well, dismissing a world-class evolutionary biologist in that way just confirms Craig's ignorance.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2012, 10:12 PM
(16-12-2012 08:53 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

I found this summary

It is accurate. I saw the simulcast live. He correcting the Dawkins refusing him and changed it to Dawkins never asked him or was busy when Craig asked short notice.
05-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Is the 'project' still being worked on? If so, I'd like to help.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
05-02-2013, 01:30 AM
(27-09-2012 10:25 PM)stimuli Wrote:  This is an emergency alert for all atheists! The enemy is launching a coast to coast assault! RED ALERT! RAISE SHIELDS! Shocking Weeping

Well...

...... huh.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.