Yes
No
[Show Results]

ALEX JONES?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Question ALEX JONES?
I want to know everyone's opinion on Alex Jones.

He is crazy to me, but every crazy person says something sane once in a while, so I tend to agree on some things he has to say.

I don't agree with him on any of his conspiracy theories and I don't believe that everything has to be a conspiracy if it is played out by a government.

On his latest conspiracy, the reporter said this about the Russian Meteor, "It definitely doesn't look natural."

Also, I don't see why Alex has to get so worked up over everything, and I think he is slightly insane.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: ALEX JONES?
(22-02-2013 01:42 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  I want to know everyone's opinion on Alex Jones.

He is crazy to me, but every crazy person says something sane once in a while, so I tend to agree on some things he has to say.

I don't agree with him on any of his conspiracy theories and I don't believe that everything has to be a conspiracy if it is played out by a government.

On his latest conspiracy, the reporter said this about the Russian Meteor, "It definitely doesn't look natural."

Also, I don't see why Alex has to get so worked up over everything, and I think he is slightly insane.

Wikipedia Wrote:Jones has been the center of many controversies, such as the one surrounding his actions and statements about gun control after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting and has accused the US government of being involved in the Oklahoma City bombing, the September 11 attacks, and faking the Moon landings. He asserts that the US government is run by a global conspiracy of cultists who believe that by using the drug DMT they can contact interdimensional aliens called "clockwork elves".

And you want me to take seriously his opinion that a meteorite 'didn't look natural'? He's not even an amateur astronomer let alone in any way qualified to express a useful opinion on it.

I would use the phrase 'bat-shit crazy' for him.

---------------

You didn't ask a question for the poll. Yes/No to what?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-02-2013, 01:58 PM
I don't think Jones is crazy. I think he is a liar and willing to make money off of anybody willing to buy his conspiracy videos.

His interview with David Icke was funny. They confirmed each others theories, although Jones rarely if ever mentions shape shifting reptilians.

I wouldn't be surprised if he sold a documentary on how he is part of a conspiracy.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
22-02-2013, 02:19 PM
I voted no as well

He is extremely sane, he has after all created a huge business and income for himself off the back of the conspiracy community and he must be raking it in.

[Image: 111031_Infowars.jpg]

He dramatises nearly every single conspiracy that he covers and he tells people to "wake up" yet he is a hardcore christian. He rarely "reports" but more "shit stirs" whilst adding liberal amounts of what could be deemed as "logical truth" or actual relevance.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
22-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Detachment from reality doesn't mean "stupid". There are plenty of fake religious personalities, conservatives, etc, who are in it for the money, and don't believe in anything they say. I would not place Jones in that category. He makes money in what he does, but he believes in what he does.
22-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Someone of whom I wished I hadn't just have herd of. There's brain space I'll never get back.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
22-02-2013, 08:06 PM
My understanding of insanity is that includes a thought disorder where logic and appreciation of reality are not in operation. Sociopathy and other personality disorders do not fall into this category.

Never read health books. You could die of a misprint.

Mark Twain
22-02-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm content to refer to him as a genuine crazy person when discussing his views with his supporters.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
22-02-2013, 10:04 PM
^me too

Alex Jones is either a genuine crazy person or a Grade A troll.

He is never out of character, so I'm leaning toward the former.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
22-02-2013, 10:18 PM
The best answer I've ever heard to the subject of conspiracies is this...

Do five lions in the jungle conspire before they go out on the plain and cooperate in perfect unison in the taking down of a gazelle?

That's not to say that conspiracies don't happen, because they certainly do. However, in the case of government conspiracies it's just the natural behavior of a group of same species predators.

As for Alex Jones, he is selling a product that people voluntarily buy. Like a tabloid, most of his stuff is based in truth and, like a tabloid, there's not enough truth there for me to bother being a customer.

Oh and, he isn't crazy. He's a high strung guy with a serious distrust of pretty much everything and the motivation to capitalize on his talent. The conspiracy stuff is scar tissue from a paranoid childhood but, it's not crazy.
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post