ALS and animal testing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2014, 04:52 PM
ALS and animal testing
Reading through the ALS thread below lead me to this blurb from Pamela Anderson who's against animal testing and won't do the ice bucket challenge.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/22...98854.html

Three things. My understanding is that Pamela Anderson has hepatitis C and has it under control using drugs which at one time were animal tested for safety. She also has....um....enhanced her chest with silicon implants which were animal tested. She had the huge implants removed but went with a smaller implant because her back was hurting. Undecided

The third thing, from all that I've read, is that most of the animal testing is done on rats. I have zero problem with rats being tested. New York City kills thousands of rats each year that wander the sewer system and cause diseases. I don't see animal rights people protesting all the city rats killed but somehow they don't want them to be used in drug research. What's the thinking there?

Where do we draw the line though. I don't want dogs tested, nor cats. What about rabbits? Chimps? Do we actually need to do animal testing? In vitro doesn't always offer the complete picture of a drug though.

Opinions?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: ALS and animal testing
(23-08-2014 04:52 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Reading through the ALS thread below lead me to this blurb from Pamela Anderson who's against animal testing and won't do the ice bucket challenge.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/22...98854.html

Three things. My understanding is that Pamela Anderson has hepatitis C and has it under control using drugs which at one time were animal tested for safety. She also has....um....enhanced her chest with silicon implants which were animal tested. She had the huge implants removed but went with a smaller implant because her back was hurting. Undecided

The third thing, from all that I've read, is that most of the animal testing is done on rats. I have zero problem with rats being tested. New York City kills thousands of rats each year that wander the sewer system and cause diseases. I don't see animal rights people protesting all the city rats killed but somehow they don't want them to be used in drug research. What's the thinking there?

Where do we draw the line though. I don't want dogs tested, nor cats. What about rabbits? Chimps? Do we actually need to do animal testing? In vitro doesn't always offer the complete picture of a drug though.

Opinions?

As far as medical testing goes I have 0 problem with animals being used. For cosmetics that is a different story. Saving lives is worth the costs and you're right she is a huge hypocrite.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
24-08-2014, 06:30 AM
You can point out the immorality of how something came about without abandoning the accumulated benefits. Let's agree that it's complicated? I respect Pamela Anderson's stand on a personal level, and would oppose her if she wanted to make a law out of it.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
26-08-2014, 08:48 AM
In Newfoundland everyone hate styrofoam-tits, we consider her a traitor to Canada.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!