ALS ice challenge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2014, 06:53 PM
ALS ice challenge
We've got a friend on Facebook who posted this, in regards to the challenge. When reading this, keep in mind she continuously posts peta propaganda and those ridiculous breast cancer, what color are your panties whatever bullshit.

OP: Seriously. One more of these bucket challenges, ONE MORE and i am going to flip out. If you really wanted to help a charity, you would donate either time or money. Dumping ice over your head to -avoid- donating just makes you look like a jerk. You are NOT raising awareness, you are giving in to a pointless fad and nothing more.

Followed by an assload of OMG I AGREE OMG OMG LET ME LICK YOUR BUTTHOLE. Finally someone pointed out the statistics and basically called her a grumpy bitch, which lead to a gigantic blow up because IF YOU READ IT ON THE INTERNET IT MUST BE TRUE.

Unless it's a legitimate statistic and fact. And she still keeps posting bullshit about how it's not helping yadda yadda after being confronted numerous times with facts.

People make me want to slam my face into a brick wall.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like MrsFarrow's post
17-08-2014, 06:59 PM
RE: ALS ice challenge
Pretty sure you still have to donate $10 if you opt for the ice bucket. So.... Yeah it actually is raising a lot of money. What a looney that one is lol

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
17-08-2014, 07:32 PM
(17-08-2014 06:59 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Pretty sure you still have to donate $10 if you opt for the ice bucket. So.... Yeah it actually is raising a lot of money. What a looney that one is lol

Exactly. They've apparently raised a significant amount of money, much more than donations from last year. Anything they raise is great.
17-08-2014, 08:08 PM
This is why I stay away from Facebook.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-08-2014, 08:31 PM
I agree it can be irritating. But, I also understand how it creates awareness and helps with donations.

They sure can go overboard, but honestly if someone I loved had that particular illness, all the hubbub wouldn't feel so annoying. ALS / Lou Gehrig's disease is a fucking horrible disease that not only kills you slowly, it takes every ounce of your dignity with it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/busine....html?_r=0

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like CindysRain's post
17-08-2014, 09:46 PM
(17-08-2014 08:31 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  I agree it can be irritating. But, I also understand how it creates awareness and helps with donations.

They sure can go overboard, but honestly if someone I loved had that particular illness, all the hubbub wouldn't feel so annoying. ALS / Lou Gehrig's disease is a fucking horrible disease that not only kills you slowly, it takes every ounce of your dignity with it.

My grandpa had it. It's was a very slow deterioration for him. I think three years at home until my grandma couldn't care for him anymore, and another six in a nursing home. I was in high school when he died, so much of my life I didn't get to know him because of the disease. I'm just happy that I have fond memories from my early child hood.

We'd go on walks around his neighborhood. Instead of giving me his whole hand, he'd hold out one finger for me to grab onto. We'd walk around, pet the neighborhood cats Smile he bult me a play kitchen, and showed me fun magic tricks. I remember his hair was always so perfect. He combed it in amazing waves that really suited him. I remember being sad after he was in the nursing home, he couldn't do his hair like he used to.

Sorry for rambling. Just reminiscing.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 5 users Like Smercury44's post
17-08-2014, 09:52 PM
(17-08-2014 09:46 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 08:31 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  I agree it can be irritating. But, I also understand how it creates awareness and helps with donations.

My grandpa had it. It's was a very slow deterioration for him. I think three years at home until my grandma couldn't care for him anymore, and another six in a nursing home. I was in high school when he died, so much of my life I didn't get to know him because of the disease. I'm just happy that I have fond memories from my early child hood.

We'd go on walks around his neighborhood. Instead of giving me his whole hand, he'd hold out one finger for me to grab onto. We'd walk around, pet the neighborhood cats Smile he bult me a play kitchen, and showed me fun magic tricks. I remember his hair was always so perfect. He combed it in amazing waves that really suited him. I remember being sad after he was in the nursing home, he couldn't do his hair like he used to.

Hug
17-08-2014, 09:52 PM
(17-08-2014 09:52 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 09:46 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  My grandpa had it. It's was a very slow deterioration for him. I think three years at home until my grandma couldn't care for him anymore, and another six in a nursing home. I was in high school when he died, so much of my life I didn't get to know him because of the disease. I'm just happy that I have fond memories from my early child hood.

Hug

Thank you Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
17-08-2014, 10:19 PM
That person obviously has no idea wtf "awareness" means.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
17-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Oh, In-Your-Facebook, I love you. Raising awareness of idiots everyday. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post