ALS ice challenge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2014, 03:08 PM
RE: ALS ice challenge
(24-08-2014 02:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 02:21 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  This is the best one yet.

Still not as good.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2014, 03:53 PM
I possibly saw one of the best videos posted today. One of my friends filled an entire trash can with ice water. He then climbs head first into the garbage can, it falls over, and I just... well...

You had to see it. Big Grin
27-08-2014, 09:15 PM
So by Thursday morning I suspect we will learn that the Ice Bucket Challenge has crossed the $100 million mark. I'm thrilled, but also very well aware that this fad has run its course. Thank you all for putting up with my enthusiasm for this gimmick. Sunday will mark the second anniversary of Diane's death. I think she would have loved to see this.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
27-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Aron Ra Represents!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
27-08-2014, 10:30 PM
(27-08-2014 09:15 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  So by Thursday morning I suspect we will learn that the Ice Bucket Challenge has crossed the $100 million mark. I'm thrilled, but also very well aware that this fad has run its course. Thank you all for putting up with my enthusiasm for this gimmick. Sunday will mark the second anniversary of Diane's death. I think she would have loved to see this.

It's getting upwards of $100mil?? Holy shit!
You certainly can't argue with the success of this.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-08-2014, 02:09 AM
And we have a new candidate for best video:

Hate the belief, love the believer.
28-08-2014, 05:46 AM

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
28-08-2014, 11:46 AM
If you ask me this has to be the best way to make money for a charity yet. Why? Because they used a fad. Once celebrities did it, all the teens would do it because they want to be cool. All the adults would do it because they realize that once they do they might be cool like the teens, and kids do it because they feel they can be like teens. This is the best idea for a charity I have seen yet, maybe more charities should use fads for money.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
28-08-2014, 11:57 AM
(28-08-2014 11:46 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  If you ask me this has to be the best way to make money for a charity yet. Why? Because they used a fad. Once celebrities did it, all the teens would do it because they want to be cool. All the adults would do it because they realize that once they do they might be cool like the teens, and kids do it because they feel they can be like teens. This is the best idea for a charity I have seen yet, maybe more charities should use fads for money.

This was a luck thing. This being tied to a charity was wholly by chance (see all the internet challenges that are not) so it took a silly viral video trend and actually got some good out of it. However trying to make something go viral is very difficult. A charity trying to manufacture the "Next Ice Bucket Challenge" will probably fall flat.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
28-08-2014, 12:25 PM
[Image: 90745ef7faaf611e27360239dae48c.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense