27-03-2014, 12:42 PM
ANIMANIACS

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
27-03-2014, 01:16 PM
RE: ANIMANIACS
Oh that brought back fond memories, and wow amazing how much crap they got past the "Moral Guardians" .

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
27-03-2014, 01:52 PM
(27-03-2014 01:16 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  Oh that brought back fond memories, and wow amazing how much crap they got past the "Moral Guardians" .

Moral Guardians?

27-03-2014, 02:02 PM
(27-03-2014 01:16 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  Oh that brought back fond memories, and wow amazing how much crap they got past the "Moral Guardians" .

The wheel of morality turned turned turned and told them the lessons that they should learn. See, it's a good wholesome kids show.

Hell, I didn't catch most of the adult jokes as a kid. I watched the show again and thought "damn this show is dirty". Shrek and a few others are the same way, though. the adult humor is subtle enough that if you don't already get the joke, you won't even realize it was dirty to begin with.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
27-03-2014, 02:07 PM
(27-03-2014 02:02 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  

The wheel of morality turned turned turned and told them the lessons that they should learn. See, it's a good wholesome kids show.

Hell, I didn't catch most of the adult jokes as a kid. I watched the show again and thought "damn this show is dirty". Shrek and a few others are the same way, though. the adult humor is subtle enough that if you don't already get the joke, you won't even realize it was dirty to begin with.

I got those too. I always wonder when I was little what they were talking about, today I am like How did they get jokes like that in a kids show.

27-03-2014, 02:11 PM
(27-03-2014 01:52 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  

Moral Guardians?

As per TVTropes.org

"People, stereo typically either conservative Holier Than Thou Bible thumpers or Political Correctness Gone Mad liberals, who believe that children — or people in general, but especially children — shouldn't be exposed to what they consider to be excessive violence, "perverted" minorities, sex, foul language, alleged support for the "patriarchy", any negative depiction of somebody in an ethnic minority, laziness, etc. The exact mix of what they object to varies from group to group."

Usually the people who have a stick so far up their asses they need a radio telescope to find it.

See also Getting Crap Past the Radar

This show has its own page there

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
27-03-2014, 02:12 PM
(27-03-2014 02:11 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 01:52 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Moral Guardians?

As per TVTropes.org

"People, stereo typically either conservative Holier Than Thou Bible thumpers or Political Correctness Gone Mad liberals, who believe that children — or people in general, but especially children — shouldn't be exposed to what they consider to be excessive violence, "perverted" minorities, sex, foul language, alleged support for the "patriarchy", any negative depiction of somebody in an ethnic minority, laziness, etc. The exact mix of what they object to varies from group to group."

Usually the people who have a stick so far up their asses they need a radio telescope to find it.

See also Getting Crap Past the Radar

[Image: Bibleman-The-Series-Christian-MovieFilm-DVD.jpg]

Angel

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
27-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Pretty much that yeah Tongue

27-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Fuckin' 'ell I remember that!

Always used to be on Saturday mornings with Pinky and The Brain after.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
27-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Ever see this supposedly banned Ren and Stimpy episode?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post