ANTS!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2015, 12:46 PM
RE: ANTS!!!!!
(20-05-2015 12:39 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(20-05-2015 12:38 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Could use cider vinegar then which is also useful against fruit flies.

Well yeah... if you're trapping them.

Cheaper than raid and you can trap ants, fruit flies and make a tasty marinade or dressing.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2015, 01:00 PM
I know this may sound crazy, but collect them and cook them and eat them. I know. A little off topic here, but this thread topic reminded me of a somewhat related topic. - we should be eating more bugs. There are several youtube videos on the subject.

Back on topic - find the source and chemical the hell out of it, including the path. That's how I do it, but I'm no expert. Your mileage may vary.
20-05-2015, 01:04 PM
(20-05-2015 01:00 PM)TheBear Wrote:  I know this may sound crazy, but collect them and cook them and eat them. I know. A little off topic here, but this thread topic reminded me of a somewhat related topic. - we should be eating more bugs. There are several youtube videos on the subject.

Back on topic - find the source and chemical the hell out of it, including the path. That's how I do it, but I'm no expert. Your mileage may vary.

Sugar ants have no "source".

They exist in another dimension and appear from nowhere; invading your kitchen.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
20-05-2015, 01:09 PM
(20-05-2015 01:04 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(20-05-2015 01:00 PM)TheBear Wrote:  I know this may sound crazy, but collect them and cook them and eat them. I know. A little off topic here, but this thread topic reminded me of a somewhat related topic. - we should be eating more bugs. There are several youtube videos on the subject.

Sugar ants have no "source".

They exist in another dimension and appear from nowhere; invading your kitchen.

They all have a source ----
20-05-2015, 01:09 PM
(20-05-2015 12:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(20-05-2015 10:20 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Goddamn ants. We can't get rid of them. One just crawled across my laptop screen. We seem to be living on top of a huge nest of ants and when we called in a exterminator the price was going to be waaaaaay out of our budget. (We have two kids in college who both need cars so.......money is going elsewhere.)

Is there a way to rid ourselves of these pesky ants besides an exterminator. I don't suppose there's a non toxic method is there. These are little tiny guys, not red ants. They don't bite.

Which kind?

If it's sugar ants, you're SOL.

My aunt's an exterminator and she says they are the hardest thing in the world to keep at bay.

Well, I don't think they're sugar ants but I'm not sure. How do you know if they're sugar ants. They're small, black and don't seem to bite. They eat just about anything, especially my cat's cat food. My oldest cat has to have prescription cat food and they love the stuff. If I don't set the cat food bowl inside another bowl of water on a trivet they swarm all over it and my cat walks over and gives me the evil eye. It's scary.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
20-05-2015, 01:12 PM
(20-05-2015 01:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-05-2015 12:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Which kind?

If it's sugar ants, you're SOL.

My aunt's an exterminator and she says they are the hardest thing in the world to keep at bay.

Well, I don't think they're sugar ants but I'm not sure. How do you know if they're sugar ants. They're small, black and don't seem to bite. They eat just about anything, especially my cat's cat food. My oldest cat has to have prescription cat food and they love the stuff. If I don't set the cat food bowl inside another bowl of water on a trivet they swarm all over it and my cat walks over and gives me the evil eye. It's scary.

Yep.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the most invincible insect.

Edit: "Sugar ant" is their unofficial Southern name. Their real name is literally "little black ant".

20-05-2015, 01:13 PM
I think they should actually be renamed to "hydra-ants".

Because it seems like every time you kill one two more appear.

20-05-2015, 01:26 PM
(20-05-2015 01:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Edit: "Sugar ant" is their unofficial Southern name. Their real name is literally "little black ant".

You southerners have the cutest words for things.

Sugar ants...just adorable. Thumbsup

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-05-2015, 01:37 PM
I've had pretty good results with this without killing off any of the 4 legged children.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
20-05-2015, 01:41 PM
I've been looking more into it, and this seems like the most logical solution.