ASK ME ANYTHING!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2013, 09:43 PM
RE: ASK ME ANYTHING!
(17-07-2013 09:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Kiwi fruit*

"kiwi's" is technically wrong as "kiwi" is a Maori word and there is no 's' in the Maori alphabet.
It's like saying 'sheeps' instead of 'sheep'.
And if you say "I used to eat kiwi's..." you are implying that you are eating the bird, not the fruit because a 'kiwi' is a bird. A 'kiwi fruit', is the fruit.

Out of interest, do you guys get the green ones or the yellow ones?
The green ones are far superior IMO, but I'm not a huge kiwi fruit fan anyway, I'd eat it if presented to me but I wouldn't buy them.

I've only ever seen the green ones. Granted I'm not really a fan of them (I don't care for the texture with the seeds)

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2013, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2013 10:05 PM by Dark Light.)

"kiwi's" is technically wrong as "kiwi" is a Maori word and there is no 's' in the Maori alphabet.
And if you say "I used to eat kiwi's..." you are implying that you are eating the bird, not the fruit because a 'kiwi' is a bird. A 'kiwi fruit', is the fruit.

The green ones are far superior IMO, but I'm not a huge kiwi fruit fan anyway, I'd eat it if presented to me but I wouldn't buy them.

Do I like like a god damned Maori? I'm a god-fearing, patriotic, family loving American goddamnit! Besides, who said I meant the fruit? Laugh out load Also, I've never seen a yellow one in real life.

17-07-2013, 09:56 PM
(17-07-2013 09:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(17-07-2013 09:20 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  What. The fuck. One time TWICE I asked you if you would send me the forbidden fruit of your country and you didn't even warrant me a reply of approval or disapproval. If you initiate the exchange I will respond with a VARIETY of yummy homemade family secret cookies. Dodgy

Opps, sorry, I probably just didn't read your post. Tongue
Nothing personal.

Actually, Kiwi fruit is cheap at the moment, $1.99nz (about $1.30 us) a KG.
Cheaper then green apples which are a ridiculous $3.49nz

I *think* I am talking about a different fruit. I'm going to have to back-log later to see, but I thought you mentioned a fruit that is not allowed to be exported? Ring any bells? I can have kiwi here. That's why I thought you could send it to me, cuz I can't get it otherwise.
17-07-2013, 09:56 PM
(17-07-2013 09:51 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  

Do I like like a god damned Maori? I'm an god-fearing, patriotic, family loving American goddamnit! Besides, who said I meant the fruit? Laugh out load Also, I've never seen a yellow one in real life.

You wouldn't be eating a kiwi bird, they're too adorable and cuddly. Sleepy
As for do you look like a Maori that depends, do you have a stolen TV in your arms?

Quote:I've only ever seen the green ones. Granted I'm not really a fan of them (I don't care for the texture with the seeds)

Interesting.
Says something about the laziness and slowness of NZ business... Dodgy

Fun fact, the kiwi fruit company (can't remember (spell) their name), is the largest monopoly in the world. Which says something about business regulation in the 80's and 90's... Dodgy

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
17-07-2013, 10:00 PM
(17-07-2013 04:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  Would you like to come work in my orchard? Smile

Dead lol...

@LadyJane: Anything? Blush

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
18-07-2013, 01:35 AM
(17-07-2013 04:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Create something for me! Smile

[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
18-07-2013, 02:15 AM
I've made a thread like this....

On a scale of one to ten (ten being the best, one being the worst), how attractive is Robert Downey Jr.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
18-07-2013, 05:42 AM
(17-07-2013 09:37 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I used to eat kiwi's everyday at breakfast when they were still fresh when out to sea. Mmmm mm, but they are pricey to buy, and I doubt I could grow them in TN.

But yes, you can!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardy_Kiwi

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-07-2013, 08:25 AM
(18-07-2013 02:15 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I've made a thread like this....

On a scale of one to ten (ten being the best, one being the worst), how attractive is Robert Downey Jr.

20 Smile

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes NoahsFarce's post
18-07-2013, 10:10 AM
(17-07-2013 09:56 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(17-07-2013 09:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Opps, sorry, I probably just didn't read your post. Tongue
Nothing personal.

Actually, Kiwi fruit is cheap at the moment, $1.99nz (about $1.30 us) a KG.
Cheaper then green apples which are a ridiculous $3.49nz

I *think* I am talking about a different fruit. I'm going to have to back-log later to see, but I thought you mentioned a fruit that is not allowed to be exported? Ring any bells? I can have kiwi here. That's why I thought you could send it to me, cuz I can't get it otherwise.

??? No.
I don't know anything here that's only found here that can't be exported..?

Kumara?
[Image: kumara2.jpg]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.