ATHEISM IS FAITH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2012, 04:49 PM
ATHEISM IS FAITH
I have heard all of the arguments by Atheists against the existence of God. So far, I've not heard anything that amounted to more than speculation and opinion, nor have I seen evidence of Yahweh's non-existence. Atheism is blind faith.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2012, 04:56 PM
RE: ATHEISM IS FAITH
(01-04-2012 04:49 PM)Hooded50 Wrote:  I have heard all of the arguments by Atheists against the existence of God. So far, I've not heard anything that amounted to more than speculation and opinion, nor have I seen evidence of Yahweh's non-existence. Atheism is blind faith.
You are looking at it backwards. Atheism does not profess something that begs proof. Atheism does not say "there is no God", atheism is the lack of belief in the existence of gods. An atheist does not believe in God because there is insufficient evidence for it.

It is the very opposite of faith.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
01-04-2012, 05:02 PM
(01-04-2012 04:49 PM)Hooded50 Wrote:  I have heard all of the arguments by Atheists against the existence of God. So far, I've not heard anything that amounted to more than speculation and opinion, nor have I seen evidence of Yahweh's non-existence. Atheism is blind faith.

Atheists just don't believe. There is no faith in atheism. They either know, or they don't know.

There is no filling the gaps with faith of any type.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Chas is spot on. This argument is getting pretty old.

I do not see suffcient evidence for any god/gods. That is not faith, it is fact.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
01-04-2012, 05:07 PM
You're aware of the internet, but are you aware that there is a free dictionary online.

faith
[feyth] noun
confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.
belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty. 5. a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
01-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Have you seen evidence of the lochness monster's non existence?
How about Big Foot, any evidence of non existence?
Fairies?
Wizards?
Trolls?
Elves?
01-04-2012, 05:13 PM
I know trolls exist Stevil, matter of fact I smell one.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
01-04-2012, 05:21 PM
[Image: troll+detected.jpg]

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 6 users Like Unbeliever's post
01-04-2012, 05:22 PM
(01-04-2012 05:13 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I know trolls exist Stevil, matter of fact I smell one.
Spot on.

This troll is a little stinky. Hobo
01-04-2012, 05:28 PM
(01-04-2012 04:49 PM)Hooded50 Wrote:  ...nor have I seen evidence of Yahweh's non-existence.

So much fail, so little words...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post