ATHEISM IS FAITH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2012, 09:36 PM
RE: ATHEISM IS FAITH
(04-04-2012 09:34 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(04-04-2012 09:32 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I love it when you get all aggressive Blush

Rawl... [Image: tiger.gif]
Too cute, Johnny Heart

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
04-04-2012, 09:46 PM
tao is of the essence in the matter of faith, imo. It seems that the reactions to the actions continue to be overbearing, where the balance is never found. Faith is not a bad word. Wink

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2012, 05:04 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that was it with this guy, ha?

Big Grin

People can be really funny sometimes. Or pathetic...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
05-04-2012, 05:10 AM
Looks like he's done a runner Dodgy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
05-04-2012, 01:40 PM
(01-04-2012 05:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-04-2012 04:49 PM)Hooded50 Wrote:  I have heard all of the arguments by Atheists against the existence of God. So far, I've not heard anything that amounted to more than speculation and opinion, nor have I seen evidence of Yahweh's non-existence. Atheism is blind faith.

Expecting proof of a a negative, is a waste of time. It is logically impossible. Provide proof of the positive claim, or STFU. Nothing is what it is, because YOU say so, with unsubstantiated claims.

Really? The "can't prove a negative" argument? You do realize that most Atheists have abandoned this argument because negatives are so easily proven, right? No properly credentialed logician will lend his name to such an asinine claim. For example, the negative statement "I do not have a rock in my pocket" is easily proven by turning my pocket inside out, and revealing no rock to be there.
05-04-2012, 01:48 PM
(05-04-2012 01:40 PM)Hooded50 Wrote:  
(01-04-2012 05:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Expecting proof of a a negative, is a waste of time. It is logically impossible. Provide proof of the positive claim, or STFU. Nothing is what it is, because YOU say so, with unsubstantiated claims.

Really? The "can't prove a negative" argument? You do realize that most Atheists have abandoned this argument because negatives are so easily proven, right? No properly credentialed logician will lend his name to such an asinine claim. For example, the negative statement "I do not have a rock in my pocket" is easily proven by turning my pocket inside out, and revealing no rock to be there.
Sure but the burden of proof lies with the accuser. If you claim that I have a rock in my pocket then it's up to you to prove it. Not for me to prove that I don't.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-04-2012, 01:51 PM
(05-04-2012 01:40 PM)Hooded50 Wrote:  For example, the negative statement "I do not have a rock in my pocket" is easily proven by turning my pocket inside out, and revealing no rock to be there.
Because "rock" and "pocket" are defined they are easily falsifiable in a negative context. "God" however is not.

I dare you to define "God".

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
05-04-2012, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2012 02:00 PM by Hooded50.)
(03-04-2012 09:25 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Not this shit again.

Has been said many times, and will be said again:

The burden of proof is not on the non-believer, but the believer to show otherwise that the god or deity exists in the first place. If we don't see proof, we have no reason to believe. Lack of believe in a god or gods. That is atheism. It is not a blind faith because we have no faith in what you believe in because there is no evidence.

How is that difficult to understand?

Wait a minute... is this kirk cameron? If ray comfort pops out in the next post and starts talking about bananas i'm gonna go bananas.

As if THIS hasn't been said a million times. The Atheist claims that no proof of God's existence exists. How could the Atheist ever falsify such a statement? He would first have to prove that God didnt create the universe and everything in it. The Atheist ASSUMES that God didn't create the universe. The "burden of proof on the theist" argument is nothing more than the Atheist attemypting to shift the burden of proof, while excusing himself from the same requirement, and making the same "there is no god" claim using semantics.

How difficult is that to understand? You lot accuse others of making the "same old arguments", but you have the Atheist Playbook, and you're running it step by step.....

(04-04-2012 09:24 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Stop insulting toasters.

I'm an atheist. I have faith in things like science, logic, sensory perception. I don't have faith in things like prayer, wishful thinking, faulty morality. Assholes wanna come do a drive-by talking shit about proof of non-existence, they're just assholes. What doesn't exist is a male omnigod named YHWH that looks just like us - that's just asinine. YHWH as the number 4, YHWH as mind, the essence of consciousness; those things cannot be falsified. Did I mention, assholes?

So, you're an Atheist. Do you want a cookie? Aggression is a sign of incompetence, weakness, and and doubt.

Science is a WONDERFUL thing to have faith in, with all it's flaws, contradictions, and outright fraud! Bully for you!
05-04-2012, 02:04 PM
(05-04-2012 01:52 PM)Hooded50 Wrote:  How difficult is that to understand? You lot accuse others of making the "same old arguments", but you have the Atheist Playbook, and you're running it step by step.....

The rhetoric is about +3000 years old now Hooded. As well from the theist as from the atheist side. Thinking you can come up with anything new is just plain arrogance. No matter what side of the philosophical spectrum you're on.

Face is... Humanity doesn't KNOW. Humanity ASSUMES. No matter how dearly you believe/disbelieve in any deity, It's nothing but bias and emotion. No more, no less.

That doesn't change the simple fact that if YOU claim something, YOU prove it.

Assuming that YOU clam God exists, my question as a sceptic will be "What God do we talk about?" & "Define your claim"

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
05-04-2012, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2012 02:11 PM by Hooded50.)
[/quote]
Sure but the burden of proof lies with the accuser. If you claim that I have a rock in my pocket then it's up to you to prove it. Not for me to prove that I don't.

[/quote]

Proving there is no rock in your pocket is as easy as turning your pocket inside out. This is my point. God is not falsifiable, so the Atheist can never prove their claim that there is no proof of God's existence. Hi claim is purely conjecture and postulation.

(05-04-2012 02:04 PM)Observer Wrote:  
(05-04-2012 01:52 PM)Hooded50 Wrote:  How difficult is that to understand? You lot accuse others of making the "same old arguments", but you have the Atheist Playbook, and you're running it step by step.....

The rhetoric is about +3000 years old now Hooded. As well from the theist as from the atheist side. Thinking you can come up with anything new is just plain arrogance. No matter what side of the philosophical spectrum you're on.

Face is... Humanity doesn't KNOW. Humanity ASSUMES. No matter how dearly you believe/disbelieve in any deity, It's nothing but bias and emotion. No more, no less.

That doesn't change the simple fact that if YOU claim something, YOU prove it.

Assuming that YOU clam God exists, my question as a sceptic will be "What God do we talk about?" & "Define your claim"

What have I claimed? I have a lack of belief in the existence of Yahweh. This is a LACK of belief. There is NO BELIEF. Capiche?

Make that "Lack of belief in the NON-EXISTENCE of Yahweh". Apologies for the mistake