ATHEISM IS FAITH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2012, 02:13 PM
RE: ATHEISM IS FAITH
(05-04-2012 01:52 PM)Hooded50 Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 09:25 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Not this shit again.

Has been said many times, and will be said again:

The burden of proof is not on the non-believer, but the believer to show otherwise that the god or deity exists in the first place. If we don't see proof, we have no reason to believe. Lack of believe in a god or gods. That is atheism. It is not a blind faith because we have no faith in what you believe in because there is no evidence.

How is that difficult to understand?

Wait a minute... is this kirk cameron? If ray comfort pops out in the next post and starts talking about bananas i'm gonna go bananas.

As if THIS hasn't been said a million times. The Atheist claims that no proof of God's existence exists. How could the Atheist ever falsify such a statement? He would first have to prove that God didnt create the universe and everything in it. The Atheist ASSUMES that God didn't create the universe. The "burden of proof on the theist" argument is nothing more than the Atheist attemypting to shift the burden of proof, while excusing himself from the same requirement, and making the same "there is no god" claim using semantics.

How difficult is that to understand? You lot accuse others of making the "same old arguments", but you have the Atheist Playbook, and you're running it step by step.....
Few people here would claim definitively that God doesn't exist. We are all aware that there is no way to know that. Once all the evidence is laid out the only thing theists have to fall back on is faith. No sensible person would believe in God having understood the evidence against it. Fear of death and/or fear of life with no meaning keep faith alive. Unless your KC and your just a closet atheist. Since atheist in this case are the only ones with physical evidence and strong philosophical arguments in our favor then it's ultimately up to you to discredit that evidence and prove yourself right. But you can't. So until you (or another) can then there is no reason to accept what you say as truth.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Hooded if i said to you that "i had super powers" and you said that "i didn't". Going on what your saying You need to prove that i cant possibly have super powers for my claim to be proven wrong.

Would you do that? no! you would say "prove it". As i was the one making the claim i would be the one that would need to provide proof for my claim to be true.

As atheists that is the stance we take, you make the claims of the existence of the being you worship, we say provide evidence for your claim or we will say its probably not true.

At the start of this thread you claim that atheism is faith, you are yet to provide evidence as to how a lack of belief is faith?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
05-04-2012, 02:25 PM
(05-04-2012 01:52 PM)Hooded50 Wrote:  Aggression is a sign of incompetence, weakness, and and doubt.

Don't read your own script, how typical. Never heard of stoning the blasphemers and false prophets, I suppose.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
05-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
(05-04-2012 02:04 PM)Observer Wrote:  The rhetoric is about +3000 years old now Hooded. As well from the theist as from the atheist side. Thinking you can come up with anything new is just plain arrogance. No matter what side of the philosophical spectrum you're on.

Face is... Humanity doesn't KNOW. Humanity ASSUMES. No matter how dearly you believe/disbelieve in any deity, It's nothing but bias and emotion. No more, no less.

That doesn't change the simple fact that if YOU claim something, YOU prove it.

Assuming that YOU clam God exists, my question as a sceptic will be "What God do we talk about?" & "Define your claim"

What have I claimed? I have a lack of belief in the existence of Yahweh. This is a LACK of belief. There is NO BELIEF. Capiche?

Make that "Lack of belief in the NON-EXISTENCE of Yahweh". Apologies for the mistake

So
you don't believe that Yahweh doesn't exist... amirite?

The double negative makes that a positive claim, correct?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
05-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Someone asked me to define "God/Yahweh" :

God is non-temporal spirit being, who is omnipresent, omnicient, everlasting, good, just, creative, and unchanging. He transcends time, space, and physical laws.
05-04-2012, 02:50 PM
What a great way to troll people - write a poorly argumented post that is contra whatever the site is about, then wait. Congrats, you have achieved trollvana!

[Image: s1hlsk.gif]
05-04-2012, 02:51 PM
(05-04-2012 02:13 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  At the start of this thread you claim that atheism is faith, you are yet to provide evidence as to how a lack of belief is faith?

First, I would ask you to define "lack of belief in god".
05-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Lack of belief in god = The lack of. Belief. In a god.

Quite simple.

[Image: s1hlsk.gif]
[+] 2 users Like le_procyon's post
05-04-2012, 02:59 PM
I like the fact that ludicris brought up the definition of 'faith' since the accusation is that Atheism is Faith. Of course words can be twisted and played and I am not wanting to go there. I seriously don't think Atheism is blind faith in the lack of a deity of any kind. Such would be just as foolish as blind faith in a deity itself. It is my understanding that Atheists set out to live life based upon physical evidence and are satisfied for the most part by studying our present world to determine what the most logical conclusions as to the existence of everything. The 'faith' an atheist has is simply in the proper function of the intellect.

Is that even close? Help me out if I am in error as I do wish to understand.

Gary
[+] 1 user Likes gdemoss's post
05-04-2012, 03:02 PM
(05-04-2012 02:56 PM)le_procyon Wrote:  Lack of belief in god = The lack of. Belief. In a god.

Quite simple.
Not for a moron of this magnitude...

Hooded: Here is an extraordinary claim, but no less extraordinary than your own. I believe there is a black wombat-like creature roaming around on Keppler-22b. Prove that there isn't.

Better without God, and happier too.