ATHEISM IS FAITH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: ATHEISM IS FAITH
(05-04-2012 05:48 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-04-2012 05:27 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  Please expand upon this. Not the silly theist part as I get that and expect that Tongue

Gary

You demand and I acknowledge; what's so difficult? Wanna see some mathematical chicanery in the form of grammar?

I live to serve you.

Which is not a lie as one of "you" is Gwyneth Paltrow - and I'm seriously broke in the head over that girl, so I have no moral qualms making such a declaration. Think it's an accident that the first commandment states - thou shalt have no god before me - rather than "before YHWH?" Name of god is you, book says. Read up. Big Grin

You'll have to pardon me. I am a bit slow. But I think I get what your saying now. Nothing.

Gary
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Don't worry Gary you get used to hoc's posts eventually. Sometimes we don't even need a translator Tongue
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
05-04-2012, 08:07 PM
(05-04-2012 06:00 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  But I think I get what your saying now. Nothing.

Gary
I wasn't saying "nothing," I was talking about my Gwynnies. And I was all silly-happy when I was doing it. In response I get what reads as venomous disdain. Wait a minute, ain't you supposed to be with the "god is love" stuff and me with the amoral forces of darkness?

You're (not your) an asshat. There we go. Much better. Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Venomous disdain...wow that is an interesting read into my words. I actually thought you were trying to say "nothing" but I suppose I was just wrong. My reply was honest and sincere but that doesn't come across well in type.

Gary
05-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Why do you still bother with these kind of trololos? Just let him enjoy his opinions and stop wasting precious bytes of texts. If a person can not comprehend the most basic terms about proving or disproving something, how can we continue the discussion. Let him go, he will leave us alone eventually...

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
06-04-2012, 12:26 AM
You're right Filox. We should end it on a very clear note.

[Image: facepalm.jpg]
06-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Shut it, asshole. You too, Picard. Tongue

Now then. How is "you're saying nothing" an expression of sincerity? Cause I'm confuseled.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2012, 07:29 PM
(06-04-2012 01:19 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Shut it, asshole. You too, Picard. Tongue

Now then. How is "you're saying nothing" an expression of sincerity? Cause I'm confuseled.
Because I mistakenly thought that you were purposely attempting to use a bunch of words to say absolutely nothing. It appears that you had a point but I wasn't sharp enough to understand it.

Gary
[+] 1 user Likes gdemoss's post
06-04-2012, 11:16 PM
(06-04-2012 07:29 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 01:19 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Shut it, asshole. You too, Picard. Tongue

Because I mistakenly thought that you were purposely attempting to use a bunch of words to say absolutely nothing. It appears that you had a point but I wasn't sharp enough to understand it.

Gary
You show class!
+1 rep!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
09-04-2012, 10:18 AM
I always cringe a little when we say that we have faith in science when talking to theists. They don't understand that our faith has been proven time and again with empirical evidence. I know you Know but I could not help myself.

“We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.”
Richard Dawkins