ATHEISM IS FAITH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2012, 08:46 PM
... and 'Off' is a television channel.
Sounds to me like someone is trying to justify having irrational faith by pinning it on others.

This is called 'projection'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-04-2012, 06:22 PM
RE: ATHEISM IS FAITH
Definition of FAITH

a: allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty b (1): fidelity to one's promises (2): sincerity of intentions

a (1): belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2): belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust
: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially: a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>

on faith
without question <took everything he said on faith>

Examples of FAITH

1. His supporters have accepted his claims with blind faith.
  2. Our faith in the government has been badly shaken by the recent scandals.
  3. Lending him the money to start his own business was an act of faith.
  4. It requires a giant leap of faith for us to believe that she is telling the truth.
  5. Nothing is more important to her than her faith in God.
  6. She says that her faith has given her the courage to deal with this tragedy.
  7. Faith without doubt leads to moral arrogance, the eternal pratfall of the religiously convinced. —Joe Klein, Time, 17 May 2004

athe·ism
noun \ˈā-thē-ˌi-zəm\

Definition of ATHEISM

archaic: ungodliness, wickedness

a: a disbelief in the existence of deity b: the doctrine that there is no deity

[Image: external.jpg] See atheism defined for kids »

Only #3 and 2b applies to/can athesits. See, that wasn't hard...

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
20-04-2012, 01:24 AM
Hooded50 makes Faith rather complicated.

So, you require faith to believe in god, yet, you need faith not to believe in god as well?

It seems you need faith not to have faith.

Love it.

The next time a preacher tells me I need faith, I'll say I already have some apparently!
[+] 3 users Like Hoj's post
20-04-2012, 05:03 AM
There should be one big locked thread with all these basic stupid questions and the best explanations from this site, like a FAQ, so that next time a thread like this one is opened, we can just give that link and be done with it.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
23-04-2012, 04:48 PM
(01-04-2012 05:21 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  [Image: troll+detected.jpg]

Yup

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
25-04-2012, 10:51 PM
(01-04-2012 04:49 PM)Hooded50 Wrote:  I have heard all of the arguments by Atheists against the existence of God. So far, I've not heard anything that amounted to more than speculation and opinion, nor have I seen evidence of Yahweh's non-existence. Atheism is blind faith.
This is obviously a troll. Christians don't know the real name of their deity!!!
26-04-2012, 01:34 AM
I'll pretend he's not a troll.

Quote: I have heard all of the arguments by Atheists against the existence of God. So far, I've not heard anything that amounted to more than speculation and opinion, nor have I seen evidence of Yahweh's non-existence.

Shifting the burden of proof, I have not seen evidence against purple fairies, then they must exist.

Quote:Atheism is blind faith.

If atheism = faith, then; "not jumping" = "jumping"... Your logic is amazing!

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes MasterRottweiler's post
27-04-2012, 08:59 PM
As soon as you start saying atheism is a religion or it is based on faith, you are no longer arguing with atheists; you are arguing with the English language. Spoiler Alert: The English language is going to win.

On the note of proving a negative, it's true that you don't prove negatives. Even in the example Hooded gave about the rock in someone's pocket, properly observed, what's being proved is that the pocket is indeed empty; which is a positive (the pocket is empty). From that positive, demonstrated claim, it can be concluded that there is no rock in the pocket.
The idea is not to look for anything you have a preconceived notion of being there, just making the observations of what actually is or is not there and drawing the conclusion. This is something that religion gets wrong all the time, always trying to find what they want to find when they observe the facts. Thus the God of the Gaps.
[+] 1 user Likes ErBoi's post
29-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Seems like someone needs to learn about the burden of proof:

Why won't God heal amputees?
29-04-2012, 06:11 PM
(29-04-2012 12:25 PM)The Holy Goat Wrote:  Seems like someone needs to learn about the burden of proof:
This was a very well put video on the burden of proof. Thank you for posting it.

Gary