ATTENTION.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2017, 02:15 PM
RE: ATTENTION.
(07-01-2017 10:22 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I just had a very bad fall. I landed on my face and broke my large front tooth. It's going to fall out.

Ugg. I smashed that one when I was 12. Biggest crystal ball on the chandelier right to the incisor. Caused me no end of trouble until I got a good dentist to patch it up with a pair of surgical pins to keep the ceramic half on.

You're right, it's unlikely that many dentists will be available right now. By this late/early hour the ER may have cleared out though. Painkillers and a referal for tomorrow might be your friends.

(07-01-2017 11:26 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 10:47 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Gasp Holy crap, Banjo! You need one of those medical alert devices!

Cannot afford it.

Sounds like you can't not afford it either.

I don't mean to trample on your stubborn pride Dale, but how much do these systems run and how long will it take you to set up a GoFundMe or something similar? I'm seeing them from in the $500/yr range here but may not know what I'm looking at.

We love you, but we aren't a reliable medical alert system. If you take a bad worse fall it could be hours before we realize it while you're on the floor broken and hurting. You need professionals, and while we can't do that we can spare a few dimes to get you those professionals.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post
07-01-2017, 02:25 PM
I agree. I plan to visit the hospital later.

I'd just like to correct something. I don't have stubborn pride. I am perfectly willing to listen to and follow good advice, change my view when proved wrong etc.

I think one of my main problems is that my brain is damaged from the mega amounts of chemo. Approximately 160 doses of the strongest chemo known to man over one year. This then followed by 18 months of the experimental drug with heavy neurological effects.

My thinking is not clear. Often illogical. Also I am so used to doing things myself it never occurs to me to ask others.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
07-01-2017, 02:27 PM
(07-01-2017 02:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I agree. I plan to visit the hospital later.

I'd just like to correct something. I don't have stubborn pride. I am perfectly willing to listen to and follow good advice, change my view when proved wrong etc.

I think one of my main problems is that my brain is damaged from the mega amounts of chemo. Approximately 160 doses of the strongest chemo known to man over one year. This then followed by 18 months of the experimental drug with heavy neurological effects.

My thinking is not clear. Often illogical. Also I am so used to doing things myself it never occurs to me to ask others.

We got your back. Keep us posted...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-01-2017, 02:40 PM
Will do. One of the young men across the way is keeping an eye on me. He's a medical student. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 8 users Like Banjo's post
07-01-2017, 02:48 PM
(07-01-2017 02:40 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Will do. One of the young men across the way is keeping an eye on me. He's a medical student. Smile

Thats good to know.

You're loved deeply by many people and myself is included in that.

HeartHeartHeart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-01-2017, 03:27 PM
(07-01-2017 02:40 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Will do. One of the young men across the way is keeping an eye on me. He's a medical student. Smile

I'm glad to hear that. What happened to your phone? Can you get another one?

Hug Heart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
07-01-2017, 03:33 PM
Does the shit never stop? Angry

Take care - that tooth might be savable if looked at soon.

Do we need to go all GoFundMe on you? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
07-01-2017, 03:49 PM
Yea no kidding. We can get you a phone. Thank you for making the thread, Dale.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
07-01-2017, 04:30 PM
Hi guys.

My brain is acting up and I am having trouble seeing the keys on the keyboard.

Chas mate, it never stops. I worked out how many months I've spent in total living in hospital. 16 months mate. 160 chemo treatments over 12 months, plus 34 lumbar punctures where they injected chemo directly into my spine. That was the one that had the horrid 10 day cycle.

Mate to be honest, I'm pretty messed up. I am alone. My family all moved away and it looks like my brother and his family are moving to Hollywood. I have a carer who comes for 1 hour on Tuesdays to help with my cleaning. That is just 10 bucks a week. It really helps though.

I am hopeful they can save the tooth. It's split vertically nearly dead centre. My large Akubra hat protected the rest of my face when it hit the concrete and the metal public seat. I think I broke my tooth on the seat. I was unconscious as I fell, so I really don't know.

My phone I believe is in the taxi. Hopefully the driver will get it back to me. It has my address and stuff. Either that or he'll keep it.

I can get a phone plan where I get a phone and pay a monthly fee. They'll send it in the post because I am too weak to get to a shop. I managed to stop my phone being able to be used by contacting them online at 4 am. Pretty cool really.

Happily I did not lose my wallet.

Now I am just waiting a bit to go to emergency. I know the cycle very well. It was my address for one year before I went to North shore hospital for a few months followed by twice weekly visits for various procedures over 18 or 19 months. Can't really recall......

Anyway Chas, mate this is my life. Life can change so fast. One minute you're an in demand and respected musician, then BANG! Life changed. I am not the only one. I've been with so many people who are ill. I've watched many pass.

The human condition is tough. Smile

I'm spewin' I lost my phone. It has SO much music on it. It's either on the street where I fell or in the taxi.

I believe from what the professors have told me, that my brain may take years to mend. I have very bad chemo brain. It causes many problems. You often see it in my idiotic posts. It's possible I will be like this for the remainder of my life.

So many chemicals and an immune system so damaged I must take medication to prevent infection every day of my life. I am currently affected by a severe infection that began in my chest where the line went in. It's 2 months now and I am still fighting this infection. This infection opens a path for others, I must be careful with what I eat.

Mate after all is said and done above, I'm alive. That's the most important thing. I'm not complaining. After so long it is just clinical to me. So I describe what I feel. As opposed to complaining about it. I was supposed to die back in 2014. Now it's 2017! Made it through 16. Horrid year.

I shall stop now.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I apologise if I have burdened anybody.

Going to hospital in 30 minutes.

Banjo.
[+] 8 users Like Banjo's post
07-01-2017, 04:35 PM
You are never a burden...don't ever think that.

Please let us know how you are after you are seen by the doctors.

Hugs are all I have to give right now but I am sending lots of them, for what it's worth.

Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post