ATTENTION.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2017, 08:34 AM
RE: ATTENTION.
(08-01-2017 07:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Will you be able to get your music back? Is it on an iTunes account or something similar so that it can be retrieved?

My music is on my pc. I had my nephew put my CDs into the machine. I am a Samsung user. I am not allowed to buy from itunes. When possible, I go directly to the artist. Say, someone like Pete Lockett, great guy. (Amazing percussionist.)

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-01-2017, 08:35 AM
How are you holding up Dale? Reading through he thread left me very concerned.
FC

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
08-01-2017, 08:36 AM
The police just returned my phone. I just made a contract.

Eh! Blink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
08-01-2017, 08:37 AM
(08-01-2017 08:36 AM)Banjo Wrote:  The police just returned my phone. I just made a contract.

Eh! Blink

Can you explain what happened? Do you have anything from the police so that you can show that your phone was missing and you didn't expect it back?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-01-2017, 08:59 AM
(08-01-2017 08:35 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  How are you holding up Dale? Reading through he thread left me very concerned.
FC

To be honest, I am having an extremely hard time. I do it alone. I am weak, dumb and slow due to really heavy chemo brain. I've never seen it's like.

Money is very tight. That makes it hard to eat well. However I do my best and just move forward.

It's like what Chas said about how it never ends. This stuff is everyday life. Unsure

You wanna know? Really are you less sane than I? Ohmy

Read on or not. Your choice. This will be clinical and brutally honest.

There's three illnesses going on here at once. The worst being a white pointer style cancer.

There is also great pain in my spine from when I fractured it. This has now been going on for 21 years. Only in hospital did they notice and provide correct care.

So go to bed (a couch), in pain. As always. Just how it is and I have ways to deal with it. Wake up that way....

Chemo brain is the worst. It is really heavy Angele. My head actually feels heavy. Smile

Slow thoughts. Cannot recall Shakespeare, of whom I once knew every word. Quote everything. Today I could not recall a short quote. (testing myself)

I am concerned Dale is gone. A ghost sits in his house.

I do however have a large huntsman spider living here. He's so cool. I helped him locate a cockroach and the next day he turned up standing next to my foot. As if to thank me.

I try to find things to do. I work everyday practicing my fingers building intricate models. Doing this takes my mind off the cancer.

I'll never forget my first remission lasted less than 3 weeks. So I feel I could die any day. Falls get a large % of deaths with this. I get suicidal all the time. Once a month at least. Yet I don't want them.

It's just weird, fascinating and horrifying. I just carry on through it. Just like always. Nothing's changed. I was poor as a child and now poor as an adult.

Nothing's changed. There's just tomorrow.....

I hope. Dodgy

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-01-2017, 09:07 AM
Hug

Here for you Banjo!
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
08-01-2017, 12:59 PM
Hug

Love you!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-01-2017, 01:50 PM
*hugs* Banjo
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
09-01-2017, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2017 07:13 AM by Aractus.)
(08-01-2017 08:36 AM)Banjo Wrote:  The police just returned my phone. I just made a contract.

That's reminds me of a time a customer left their wallet behind. Actually, it reminds me of way back in 2008 when a customer left their iPhone behind! She left it near the entrance, between the entrance and the front desk/service counter. I wondered why anyone would put their phone down at all, let alone leave it there, and it even had her name on the case. Anyway I left it where it was, and 10 minutes later she walked back in - right past her iPhone - to the desk to ask if I'd seen it! I said "yes, it's right where you left it" (pointing back towards the entrance), she thanked me, picked it up, and took it away with her.

One time a customer left his wallet behind in the shop, actually this happened a couple of times but this time there was no contact info for the guy, even looking him up in the white pages. So I put his wallet at the counter and gave him an hour or so, but he didn't return for it. So I called the police and gave them his driver's licence number and they said "yes we have a phone number for him". They called me back 5 or 10 minutes later saying they got through to him, he was very happy I had his wallet and to keep it at the counter for him, telling me that he'd be in to pick it up*! He came in, IIRC, the next day to pick it up and was quite thankful. FYI I locked it in the safe overnight with the float (cash). IIRC he said he'd be racking his brain for where he left it before the police called too (which was really only about an hour or so after he left, and even less after he would have arrived home!)

*The interesting thing to note is that the cops called me back. Why didn't the customer call himself? I know if it were me I'd call back the vender myself. Maybe his unlisted number is really, really sensitive or something. Or maybe the police said "don't worry about calling them, we'll take care of it", I don't know.

Then there was this other time, in 2008 or 2009, when I closed up for the day and found a credit card in the parking lot. It could have been run over (but it wasn't), so I went back in put it at the counter and called the customer (who was a regular), he was having a bad day and dropped all his shit when he left, thanked me, and came back a few days later to get his card.

Anyway, I hope those stories lift your spirits! I can assure you that if someone left behind their belongings I'd always be very proactive in returning them. The police were an unfortunate last resort in the wallet case because I didn't record the customer's details in the system, and he was unlisted in the white pages. But, even then it was still efficient since the cops were at least competent in alerting my customer instead of asking me to bring in his wallet or something! Can you imagine how inconvenient it might be if I had gone home, and returned his wallet to my "local" police station in Woden, but he had gone home to Bungendore or something and now has to go twice the distance to collect his wallet from where he left it?

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2017, 06:11 AM
Cheers mate.

I was able to cancel the contract.

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post