RE: ATTN: The Q Continuum - 10 questions about your beliefs
What.
The.
Fuck.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2015, 03:40 PM
(04-03-2015 12:44 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3) What is your Origins stance (ie - YEC, OEC, Progressive Creationist, Theistic Evolutionist, etc)?

I believe the Adam and Eve account is literal. However, only fools disbelieve in Evolution. Evolution is scientific fact.

Nice KC, I was actually wondering the same thing.

Q, In all seriousness here. Francis Collins says that the first humans numbered about 20,000. How do you reconcile this with that view? I am not trying to make fun, I am actually curious. Some believe that this pool of people is where Cain and Abel got their wives from. If you agree with this assertion, then do you think they had souls?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
12-03-2015, 09:26 AM
(04-03-2015 12:44 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I believe the Adam and Eve account is literal. However, only fools disbelieve in Evolution. Evolution is scientific fact.

I'm also curious. Where do you believe evolution starts and stops and where the creation story starts and stops?

Is it like a day/age thing? Did animals evolve? Or were they all created as stated in Genesis, and have just been evolving since?
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
23-06-2015, 12:38 AM
How do you justify a literal Bible, most specifically Genesis, yet adhere to the theory of evolution?
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
23-06-2015, 04:24 AM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2015 04:29 AM by Tonechaser77.)
Drinking Beverage Popcorn I trust that Q will come around. I think of him (in far less terms) like Mike Licona. There are certain aspects of his belief system that have been slipping although he still claims to be an apologist. It won't be long now. *checking watch*

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
23-06-2015, 08:16 AM
(23-06-2015 12:38 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  How do you justify a literal Bible, most specifically Genesis, yet adhere to the theory of evolution?

Well ... this is where your proud ways halts. Duh. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
23-06-2015, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2015 11:16 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-03-2015 12:44 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  1) What is your denomination?

I'm part of a non-denom movement of churches.

2) What is your stance on the Doctrine of Free Will versus the Doctrine of Election?

I believe in Free Will.

3) What is your Origins stance (ie - YEC, OEC, Progressive Creationist, Theistic Evolutionist, etc)?

I believe the Adam and Eve account is literal. However, only fools disbelieve in Evolution. Evolution is scientific fact.

4) What is your eschatological stance (ie - Pre Trib, Post Trib, Amillennial, etc)?

"Pre-wrath." Believers will go through much of the 7-year Tribulation Period but be rescued from the final days of wrath upon the world.

5) Do you believe in a literal Bible?

Yes.

6) Do you believe in an infallible Bible? Or an inerrant Bible? Or both?

The Bible in the original manuscripts is infallible and inerrant. Thankfully, the extant copies being translated are demonstrably almost 100% the same as the originals...

7) Which version of the Bible do you use for study?

My most frequent reads are the NKJV and the NASB as formal and beautiful translations.

8) What is your background when it comes to Ancient Near East history, culture, and writings?

I became motivated to study them more after becoming a Christian years ago. They are vital to understanding difficult passages of the Bible in their historical context.

9) What is your background in regards to the Greek and Hebrew language?

I studied Greek for a year at university. I've studied Hebrew and Aramaic also, though not to the same extent.

10) Do you give credence to non-canonized books (ie - Book of Enoch, The Assumption of Moses, Gospel of Thomas, etc)?

These books offer glimpses of life in the ANE and have some tidbits of truth in parts, but the 66 books of the accepted Bible are inerrant as well as contain gematria and codes that mark them as unique.

Facepalm ... Weeping ... Laugh out load
Find a therapist :
https://therapists.psychologytoday.com/r..._Therapist

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-06-2015, 11:47 AM
(04-03-2015 12:44 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3) What is your Origins stance (ie - YEC, OEC, Progressive Creationist, Theistic Evolutionist, etc)?

Yes

You....Do realize that you cannot believe the bible is literal and that the adam and even creation is true AND believe in evolution at the same time right?

There is a little term from 1984 called DOUBLETHINK...I think you may need to reexamine your thoughts on that. If god made humans out of dirt and ribs then we COULDN'T have evolved from a common ancestor of anything.

I got a couple question!

1. Where do you stand on homosexuality, where do dem peeps get sent to if they die yo?

2. Where am I heading too? Me being all non belief-Y?

3. If some slicks are nicks and some nicks are ticks, does that mean that the bible would claim the nicks are ticks?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
23-06-2015, 01:09 PM
(23-06-2015 11:47 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  

Yes

You....Do realize that you cannot believe the bible is literal and that the adam and even creation is true AND believe in evolution at the same time right?

There is a little term from 1984 called DOUBLETHINK...I think you may need to reexamine your thoughts on that. If god made humans out of dirt and ribs then we COULDN'T have evolved from a common ancestor of anything.

I got a couple question!

1. Where do you stand on homosexuality, where do dem peeps get sent to if they die yo?

2. Where am I heading too? Me being all non belief-Y?

3. If some slicks are nicks and some nicks are ticks, does that mean that the bible would claim the nicks are ticks?

[Image: post-30754-la-lala-shut-up-gif-UIfz.gif]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
23-06-2015, 01:13 PM
ATTN: The Q Continuum - 10 questions about your beliefs
I know this will be ignored or Godwinned, but how is it that Q says Adam & Eve story is literal and only fools deny evolution yet Cartilage says Adam & Eve story is literal and only fools think evolution is real.

Same book. Different views on fools.

So who's not the True Christian?