ATTN: Theists - Four Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2016, 08:19 AM
RE: ATTN: Theists - Four Questions
(01-06-2016 08:16 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 08:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I do not claim to spread good. Never, not once have I stated such of myself.
Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Facepalm

I didn't think it was possible for anybody to be that self-unaware. You really do need help.
Thanks for the advice but I prefer to live in unmedicated, awake, reality. Any coward can medicate their problems away, or so they think.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2016, 08:26 AM
(01-06-2016 08:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 08:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

The cosmic membranes of wisdom swing noisily at the flap of the dingbat of history.
Even though we find a defective branch or leaf upon this tree of humanity or an imperfect blossom, it, nevertheless, belongs to this tree and not to another. Therefore, it is our duty to protect and cultivate this tree until it reached perfection. If we examine its fruit and find it imperfect, we must strive to make it perfect. There are souls in the human world who are ignorant; we must make them knowing. Some growing upon the tree are weak and ailing; we must assist them toward health and recovery. If they are as infants in development, we must minister to them until they attain maturity. We should never detest and shun them as objectionable and unworthy. We must treat them with honor, respect and kindness; for God has created them... In brief, all humanity must be looked upon with love, kindness and respect; for what we behold in them are none other than the signs and traces of God Himself. All are evidences of God...

Abdu’l-Baha (Promulgation of Universal Peace)

01-06-2016, 08:30 AM
(01-06-2016 07:01 AM)‘popsthebuilder Wrote:  ...something that took me all of ten seconds to think up...

No shit Sherlock, it is obvious to everyone but you how inane your ten second Deepity sounds.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
01-06-2016, 08:30 AM
“Love the creatures for the sake of God and not for themselves. You will never become angry or impatient if you love them for the sake of God. Humanity is not perfect. There are imperfections in every human being, and you will always become unhappy if you look toward the people themselves. But if you look toward God, you will love them and be kind to them, for the world of God is the world of perfection and complete mercy. Therefore, do not look at the shortcomings of anybody; see with the sight of forgiveness. The imperfect eye beholds imperfections. The eye that covers faults looks toward the Creator of souls. He created them, trains and provides for them, endows them with capacity and life, sight and hearing; therefore, they are the signs of His grandeur. You must love and be kind to everybody, care for the poor, protect the weak, heal the sick, teach and educate the ignorant.”

‘Abdu’l-Bahá - (The Promulgation of Universal Peace)

Figures since people think the simple things I say are deepities they might like these.

Peace

01-06-2016, 08:35 AM
(01-06-2016 07:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I am not trying to convert anyone or anything.

By coming here and sharing your delusions you are attempting to convert people.

(01-06-2016 07:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  And even if I was(I'm not) then that still wouldn't constitute attempting to shoot what they know full of holes.

You are disputing others' viewpoints and trying to convince them of your own. Drop the bullshit word games.

(01-06-2016 07:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  In fact; I don't instruct any to do anything based solely on anything I have ever said; I generally tell all the same thing; search and find for yourself, with inner honesty and attempted lack of bias and pride.

Lack of pride? Such as the pride or arrogance of claiming to have a personal understanding of god? Of a being capable of creating the entire universe? This supreme being is your little buddy?

That's not pride and arrogance?

(01-06-2016 07:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Now show my dishonesty please, or even my contradiction.

Shall I quote it again?

Quote:I do not wish that anyone ever comes along and attempts to poke holes in what you know and believe on an inner most level.

Quote:The changes that took place in me go way past the surface, and I seek to find and share the truth, not hide it.

What part of this don't you understand?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
01-06-2016, 08:42 AM
(01-06-2016 08:19 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Thanks for the advice but I prefer to live in unmedicated, awake, reality. Any coward can medicate their problems away, or so they think.
And any judgemental fuck can opine about mental health problems they do not understand apparently.

Quote:Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
It'd have to be faith 'cos it sure as hell isn't works is it? Dickhead.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-06-2016, 08:46 AM
(01-06-2016 08:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  “You will never become angry or impatient if you love them for the sake of God. Humanity is not perfect. There are imperfections in every human being, and you will always become unhappy if you look toward the people themselves. But if you look toward God, you will love them and be kind to them, for the world of God is the world of perfection and complete mercy.”

‘Abdu’l-Bahá - (The Promulgation of Universal Peace)

Figures since people think the simple things I say are deepities they might like these.

Is this the same god that became angry with humanity and drowned the entire world (including innocent babies and plants and animals)?

And promises to one day burn most everyone in fire? For eternity?

Same god right?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
01-06-2016, 08:47 AM
(01-06-2016 08:19 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 08:16 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Facepalm

I didn't think it was possible for anybody to be that self-unaware. You really do need help.
Thanks for the advice but I prefer to live in unmedicated, awake, reality. Any coward can medicate their problems away, or so they think.

I said you need help, not medication. That you can't understand the difference is yet another sign that you need help.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
01-06-2016, 08:49 AM
(01-06-2016 08:26 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  "There are souls in the human world who are ignorant; we must make them knowing."

The key is "knowing" which is not the same as "believing" or, in your case, "imagining".

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
01-06-2016, 08:58 AM
(01-06-2016 08:47 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 08:19 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Thanks for the advice but I prefer to live in unmedicated, awake, reality. Any coward can medicate their problems away, or so they think.

I said you need help, not medication. That you can't understand the difference is yet another sign that you need help.
We've had this conversation. You think I need psychological help, the extent of which is talking to someone and taking mind altering substances.

Imagined...really? Proof?

Didn't think so. Hypocrite.