ATTN: Theists - Four Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: ATTN: Theists - Four Questions
(01-06-2016 11:01 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 08:58 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  We've had this conversation. You think I need psychological help, the extent of which is talking to someone and taking mind altering substances.

Wrong again, but that's expected from you.

Quote:Imagined...really? Proof?

You asking for 'proof' is hilariously ironic. What I ask for is any shred of actual evidence that anything you claim about your "experience" is true.

As far as evidence that you suffer from some kind of mental disturbance I submit the bulk of your posts here, particularly he descriptions of your attempted assault and your epiphany. I am not a mental health professional but don't need to be to see that you need to consult one.

Quote:Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Faith=gullibility
Selfless=loss of humanity

Your deepity is abhorrent
As usual, your closed mindedness is showing;

If I'm gullable due to Faith in something I know to be true based on my own experiences then how much more so are you gullible who has absolutely no evidence, proof, or experience in any form to confirm your BELIEF that there is no GOD?

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2016, 12:43 PM
(01-06-2016 11:28 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  As usual, your closed mindedness is showing;

If I'm gullable due to Faith in something I know to be true based on my own experiences then how much more so are you gullible who has absolutely no evidence, proof, or experience in any form to confirm your BELIEF that there is no GOD?

When did I say I have a belief that there is no god? I do not have a belief that there is because I have not seen evidence to support that proposition. Unlike you, I respect and am open to evidence for any claim. Also unlike you, I do not just believe things without evidence and before you repeat the nonsense about your "experience", that is not credible. Your personal experience can not possibly be evidence for anybody else and there is no rational justification for it to be evidence for you. It is far more likely that you had some kind of breakdown than that a god spoke to you. We have many examples of the former and no demonstrated examples of the latter.

Grow up and face the fact that you need help.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
01-06-2016, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2016 06:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-06-2016 08:19 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 08:16 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Facepalm

I didn't think it was possible for anybody to be that self-unaware. You really do need help.
Thanks for the advice but I prefer to live in unmedicated, awake, reality. Any coward can medicate their problems away, or so they think.

This is precisely why many people with mental health issues never get help. It's just a matter of willpower. It is not. I take multiple medication for depression and anxiety and I can assure you I am no coward. The coward is the one too cowardly to ask for help because they are afraid to admit that they can't do it by themself. Cowards are too arrogant to holler "On belay?". Call me a coward again. Come on, I dare you. I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-06-2016, 04:04 PM
(01-06-2016 11:28 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  As usual, your closed mindedness is showing;

You don't know how to properly reason. Not your fault. You just wasn't raised right.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-06-2016, 05:43 PM
(01-06-2016 08:19 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 08:16 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Facepalm

I didn't think it was possible for anybody to be that self-unaware. You really do need help.
Thanks for the advice but I prefer to live in unmedicated, awake, reality. Any coward can medicate their problems away, or so they think.

You're the one thinking others are close minded yet you portray this tired failure of an argument about mental health... wow.

Way to continue this negativity blasting and not actually showing any signs of actual openness or the capability of doubt again for the multi-hundredth time in a couple thousand posts.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
01-06-2016, 06:10 PM
(01-06-2016 05:43 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 08:19 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Thanks for the advice but I prefer to live in unmedicated, awake, reality. Any coward can medicate their problems away, or so they think.

You're the one thinking others are close minded yet you portray this tired failure of an argument about mental health... wow.

Way to continue this negativity blasting and not actually showing any signs of actual openness or the capability of doubt again for the multi-hundredth time in a couple thousand posts.
Saying someone is being closed minded because all they can manage is the same thing over and over is negative blasting? Really?

I never bring up mental health. That's his tired excuse to accept anything I say. No one has to believe anything I say. I'm not saying any should.

I don't speak of foreign ideas. I'm generally talking about listening to your conscience and living your life not only with yourself in mind. If that is crazy woo talk that only a gullible schitzo(oxymoron) could possibly believe then fine. But I don't think it is.

01-06-2016, 06:13 PM
(01-06-2016 03:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 08:19 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Thanks for the advice but I prefer to live in unmedicated, awake, reality. Any coward can medicate their problems away, or so they think.

This is precisely why many people with mental health issues never get help. It's just a matter of willpower. It is not. I take multiple medication for depression and anxiety and I can assure you I am no coward. The coward is the one too cowardly to ask for help because they are afraid to admit that they can't do it by themself. Call me a coward again. Come on, I dare you. I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Didn't know I called you a coward as I was speaking for myself and no nothing of your personal medications or needs.

Odd though that(not you) claim Faith is a crutch but have no qualms with other types of crutches that actually alter ones perception.

If you like I can call you a coward thou it wouldn't be founded in any real experience or understanding of such. Just let me know.

01-06-2016, 06:18 PM
(01-06-2016 12:43 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

When did I say I have a belief that there is no god? I do not have a belief that there is because I have not seen evidence to support that proposition. Unlike you, I respect and am open to evidence for any claim. Also unlike you, I do not just believe things without evidence and before you repeat the nonsense about your "experience", that is not credible. Your personal experience can not possibly be evidence for anybody else and there is no rational justification for it to be evidence for you. It is far more likely that you had some kind of breakdown than that a god spoke to you. We have many examples of the former and no demonstrated examples of the latter.

Grow up and face the fact that you need help.
How can you claim that I don't take in evidence of anything honestly? Really, how would you even be able to perceive such without being me or knowing me and my experiences on a much more in depth manner.

So your open to the possibility of GOD. That's good.

And we all know my experience isn't your proof. I've said it myself countless times.

So if I don't need professional help, and don't need the help I already have then what kind of help have you been suggesting for mental issues that you insinuate I have?

01-06-2016, 06:23 PM
(01-06-2016 09:13 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 09:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yep

That "whooshing" sound you are hearing is my point flying over your head.
Got your point just fine, just chose not to entertain your biased opinion based on interpretations of texts that you don't even accept with any level of belief.

01-06-2016, 06:25 PM
(01-06-2016 06:13 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 03:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is precisely why many people with mental health issues never get help. It's just a matter of willpower. It is not. I take multiple medication for depression and anxiety and I can assure you I am no coward. The coward is the one too cowardly to ask for help because they are afraid to admit that they can't do it by themself. Call me a coward again. Come on, I dare you. I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

Didn't know I called you a coward as I was speaking for myself and no nothing of your personal medications or needs.

Odd though that(not you) claim Faith is a crutch but have no qualms with other types of crutches that actually alter ones perception.

If you like I can call you a coward thou it wouldn't be founded in any real experience or understanding of such. Just let me know.

So bullshit you didn't insult him. You don't need to specifically say 'girlyman is a medication taking pussy' to insult him. You did so by saying cowards take meds to control their problems.

There is no way you did not know the exact implication you were making.

Retract your wording and admit you wrote poorly, or own up to the insult.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post