ATTN: Theists - Four Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2016, 06:43 PM
RE: ATTN: Theists - Four Questions
(01-06-2016 06:18 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How can you claim that I don't take in evidence of anything honestly? Really, how would you even be able to perceive such without being me or knowing me and my experiences on a much more in depth manner.

Wow, how the fuck do you get to that? I only note that you've explicitly described why you believe what you do and your reasons are not rational. They are not based on evidence so I have ample evidence that you do not value evidence, at least not consistently. Your delusions and your feels are not evidence unless you have some demonstrable method for distinguishing between a communication from god and a psychotic episode.

Quote:So your open to the possibility of GOD. That's good.

I'm open to any claim for which there is evidence. There is nothing I have found that supports the notion that a god exists. If you had actual evidence you would have presented it. You have nothing.

Quote:And we all know my experience isn't your proof. I've said it myself countless times.

Right; but you need to stop conflating evidence and proof. I'm not asking for proof of god, just evidence.

Quote:So if I don't need professional help, and don't need the help I already have then what kind of help have you been suggesting for mental issues that you insinuate I have?

I do not accept the premise that you do not need professional help. Based on your posts I believe that you are in serious need of immediate professional help. I have no idea what you mean by help that you already have.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
01-06-2016, 06:44 PM
(01-06-2016 06:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 06:13 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Didn't know I called you a coward as I was speaking for myself and no nothing of your personal medications or needs.

Odd though that(not you) claim Faith is a crutch but have no qualms with other types of crutches that actually alter ones perception.

If you like I can call you a coward thou it wouldn't be founded in any real experience or understanding of such. Just let me know.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

(01-06-2016 08:19 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Thanks for the advice but I prefer to live in unmedicated, awake, reality. Any coward can medicate their problems away, or so they think.

So bullshit you didn't insult him. You don't need to specifically say 'girlyman is a medication taking pussy' to insult him. You did so by saying cowards take meds to control their problems.

There is no way you did not know the exact implication you were making.

Retract your wording and admit you wrote poorly, or own up to the insult.
I didn't say I worded shit properly. I was talking about myself. Period. No one else. No insinuating, no passive aggressiveness. No name of any.

Was speaking of me only. If someone wants to get butt hurt because I said I would consider myself even more of a coward than I already do if I medicated then fine. They evidently are looking for a reason to be pissy. I didn't know girly even took prescribed meds and was talking about my situation, not any one else's.

Fn amazing how people can go from likening mercy and political correctness to injustice when it has to do with religion, but then it's a whole double standard when someone may have, potentially gotten their feelings hurt somehow, by a comment that was made in reference to myself.

This is ridiculous.

I really wish you all the very best.

I never said or insinuated that I was any better than any here, generally less actually. These silly games are tiring and none seem to take anything seriously because it is about GOD in one way or another.

That's a wrap folks.

Does any here believe in coincidences?

What about math?

Can everything in observable existence be described accurately using mathematics?

Yet people have faith in chance and coincidence, while willingly denying the possibility of intelligent design.

It's just a matter of chance that absolutely everything in existence is mathematically sound I guess.

For real. I'm done for a while. No more fruitless arguing from me for a while.

Sincerely peace, and my most sincere of apologies for being a dickhead in my haste to defend myself from things I need no defence from.

As for girly_ I really didn't mean to offend and you know it.

Peace

01-06-2016, 06:45 PM
(01-06-2016 06:23 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 09:13 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  That "whooshing" sound you are hearing is my point flying over your head.
Got your point just fine, just chose not to entertain your biased opinion based on interpretations of texts that you don't even accept with any level of belief.

Texts that you haven't even read, IIRC. Whoosh.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
01-06-2016, 06:52 PM
This deserves it's own reply:

(01-06-2016 06:23 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ..based on interpretations of texts that you don't even accept with any level of belief.

You come here spouting a slew of inanities, fallacies and nonsense all based around your muddled, half-baked interpretations of the bible. Which you have already admitted that you have not read in it's entirety.

If you are basing your beliefs on the bible, then my lack of belief in the bible does not in any way absolve you of the obligation to defend the bible and your beliefs.

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
01-06-2016, 06:53 PM
(01-06-2016 06:52 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  This deserves it's own reply:

(01-06-2016 06:23 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ..based on interpretations of texts that you don't even accept with any level of belief.

You come here spouting a slew of inanities, fallacies and nonsense all based around your muddled, half-baked interpretations of the bible. Which you have already admitted that you have not read in it's entirety.

If you are basing your beliefs on the bible, then my lack of belief in the bible does not in any way absolve you of the obligation to defend the bible and your beliefs.
I have read it in its entirety.

I hadn't 6-8 months ago.

What I speak of is based on much more than that little book

01-06-2016, 06:56 PM
^^^^
An eight-minute absence. A new record, I believe.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
01-06-2016, 07:11 PM
(01-06-2016 06:56 PM)julep Wrote:  ^^^^
An eight-minute absence. A new record, I believe.

In his mind it was probably eight months.

Or that's not what he really meant to say.

01-06-2016, 08:05 PM
I said I was done arguing

01-06-2016, 08:18 PM
(01-06-2016 04:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  Where're their publications then? Anyone can take an undergrad course.
Forget the guy's name, but in Kevin Roose's book, The Unlikely Disciple, about being an agnostic liberal from Brown going undercover as a Freshman there, at least one of the Creationists had actual publications and government grants in Alzheimers Research or something. I still don't get the cognitive dissonance involved in teaching Creationism but researching something that's actually steeped in sciences that disprove the idea.

(01-06-2016 05:49 AM)unfogged Wrote:  and a little kid in a funny hat with a toy gun calls himself a "real" cowboy with at least as much justification, if not more
Wouldn't disagree with that.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2016, 05:36 AM
(01-06-2016 08:05 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I said I was done arguing

So now you're just here to preach? Get some help Pops, you need it badly.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP