ATTN: Theists - Four Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2016, 05:22 AM
RE: ATTN: Theists - Four Questions
(31-05-2016 12:01 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Denomination- none

Election/ free will- both

Eschatology- end times are nearing at an increasing rate.

Origins-

6 days ~ 6 aeons~6 billion years

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

[Image: itsalive.png]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
01-06-2016, 05:49 AM
(31-05-2016 09:08 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Never been to Liberty University have you? Tongue (They built a library when the accreditation people made them.) One of their core courses is Creationism, every Freshman has to take it, and from what I've read, the guys who do, make a huge deal about being "real" scientists.

and a little kid in a funny hat with a toy gun calls himself a "real" cowboy with at least as much justification, if not more

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
01-06-2016, 06:01 AM
(31-05-2016 08:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Repeating a Deepity doesn’t make it any more un-Deepity.

[Image: tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
01-06-2016, 06:30 AM
(01-06-2016 06:01 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(31-05-2016 08:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Repeating a Deepity doesn’t make it any more un-Deepity.

su·per·fi·cial

ˌso͞opərˈfiSHəl/

adjective

existing or occurring at or on the surface.

e·quiv·o·ca·tion

iˌkwivəˈkāSH(ə)n/

noun

the use of ambiguous language to conceal the truth or to avoid committing oneself; prevarication.

The changes that took place in me go way past the surface, and I seek to find and share the truth, not hide it.

Your remark is the only deepity I see, which isn't a word by the way.

Just because you can't understand a thing, don't automatically assume it makes no sense or doesn't apply to you.

I do not wish that anyone ever comes along and attempts to poke holes in what you know and believe on an inner most level.

I just wouldn't wish that on any. What's your excuse?

01-06-2016, 06:35 AM
(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 06:01 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Repeating a Deepity doesn’t make it any more un-Deepity.

su·per·fi·cial

ˌso͞opərˈfiSHəl/

adjective

existing or occurring at or on the surface.

e·quiv·o·ca·tion

iˌkwivəˈkāSH(ə)n/

noun

the use of ambiguous language to conceal the truth or to avoid committing oneself; prevarication.

The changes that took place in me go way past the surface, and I seek to find and share the truth, not hide it.

Your remark is the only deepity I see, which isn't a word by the way.

Just because you can't understand a thing, don't automatically assume it makes no sense or doesn't apply to you.

I do not wish that anyone ever comes along and attempts to poke holes in what you know and believe on an inner most level.

I just wouldn't wish that on any. What's your excuse?

I welcome people trying to poke holes in what I know - it educates.

You, on the other hand, have unevidenced beliefs that can't stand up to scrutiny. You need to grow up.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
01-06-2016, 06:42 AM
(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The changes that took place in me go way past the surface,

FC was commenting on your little signature line, not you. I know your reading comprehension and ability to understand sucks so I'm not surprised that you didn't know what he was saying. He's right that it is, at best, a deepity.

Quote: and I seek to find and share the truth, not hide it.

What you do has nothing to do with seeking truth. You are just insane.

Quote:Your remark is the only deepity I see, which isn't a word by the way.

Yes, it actually is.

Quote:Just because you can't understand a thing, don't automatically assume it makes no sense or doesn't apply to you.

Just because you "feel" a thing doesn't make it true.

Quote:I do not wish that anyone ever comes along and attempts to poke holes in what you know and believe on an inner most level.

That would be sad if it wasn't so evil. Ignoring your continued conflation of "know" and "believe", if what you believe can have holes poked in it then the rational thing to do is to modify your beliefs accordingly. You are so deeply wrapped in your delusion you can't see that and the fact that you hold belief over truth is just disgusting.

Quote:I just wouldn't wish that on any. What's your excuse?

I wish it on everyone

Quote:Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

and it is still nothing more than a deepity

You need help.
Get some.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
01-06-2016, 06:52 AM
(01-06-2016 06:42 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The changes that took place in me go way past the surface,

FC was commenting on your little signature line, not you. I know your reading comprehension and ability to understand sucks so I'm not surprised that you didn't know what he was saying. He's right that it is, at best, a deepity.

Quote: and I seek to find and share the truth, not hide it.

What you do has nothing to do with seeking truth. You are just insane.

Quote:Your remark is the only deepity I see, which isn't a word by the way.

Yes, it actually is.

Quote:Just because you can't understand a thing, don't automatically assume it makes no sense or doesn't apply to you.

Just because you "feel" a thing doesn't make it true.

Quote:I do not wish that anyone ever comes along and attempts to poke holes in what you know and believe on an inner most level.

That would be sad if it wasn't so evil. Ignoring your continued conflation of "know" and "believe", if what you believe can have holes poked in it then the rational thing to do is to modify your beliefs accordingly. You are so deeply wrapped in your delusion you can't see that and the fact that you hold belief over truth is just disgusting.

Quote:I just wouldn't wish that on any. What's your excuse?

I wish it on everyone

Quote:Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

and it is still nothing more than a deepity

You need help.
Get some.
Attempting to poke holes and succeeding are two different things. And my Sig is part of me. Your opinion is absolutely worthless as of late. I didn't conflate know and believe as I kept them separate. Everything you just said in reference to me is something you merely believe. And not even wholly. You can lie to yourself and others all you want, it makes no difference to me.

Yes, I know you claim I have shown myself to be mislead or gullible or slap ass crazy, but that's bullshit, not based in any sort of reality but your own contempt. Now keep using that superior circular thinking to refute what I just said.

01-06-2016, 06:53 AM
(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 06:01 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Repeating a Deepity doesn’t make it any more un-Deepity.

A personal anecdote with a sample size of 1, how compelling. Drinking Beverage

(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Your remark is the only deepity I see, which isn’t a word by the way.

And yet I can find it in the McMillan dictionary of American English Smartass
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/di...an/deepity

(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)‘popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just because you can’t understand a thing, don’t automatically assume it makes no sense or doesn’t apply to you.

Parroting a Deepak Chopra-like Deepity only succeeds in making you sound like an air head.

(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)‘popsthebuilder Wrote:  I do not wish that anyone ever comes along and attempts to poke holes in what you know and believe on an inner most level.

And I hope they do. God forbid I hold on to an untenable, unsupported position and sound like a fool.

(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)‘popsthebuilder’ Wrote:  I just wouldn't wish that on any.

That’s one of the problems with society, in order not to ruffle feathers many people don’t challenge other people’s ridiculous ideas. I’m glad I’m here to help you. You’re welcome.

(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)‘popsthebuilder’ pid=‘1005592 Wrote:Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

DEEPITY! Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
01-06-2016, 07:01 AM
(01-06-2016 06:53 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The changes that took place in me go way past the surface, and I seek to find and share the truth, not hide it.

A personal anecdote with a sample size of 1, how compelling. Drinking Beverage

(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Your remark is the only deepity I see, which isn’t a word by the way.

And yet I can find it in the McMillan dictionary of American English Smartass
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/di...an/deepity

(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)‘popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just because you can’t understand a thing, don’t automatically assume it makes no sense or doesn’t apply to you.

Parroting a Deepak Chopra-like Deepity only succeeds in making you sound like an air head.

(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)‘popsthebuilder Wrote:  I do not wish that anyone ever comes along and attempts to poke holes in what you know and believe on an inner most level.

And I hope they do. God forbid I hold on to an untenable, unsupported position and sound like a fool.

(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)‘popsthebuilder’ Wrote:  I just wouldn't wish that on any.

That’s one of the problems with society, in order not to ruffle feathers many people don’t challenge other people’s ridiculous ideas. I’m glad I’m here to help you. You’re welcome.

(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)‘popsthebuilder’ pid=‘1005592 Wrote:Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

DEEPITY! Laugh out load
My position is easily supported by everything decent in life.

Thanks for insinuating that something that took me all of ten seconds to think up sounds deep. It isn't supposed to though. As far as sounding like a fool; the ignorant would consider pretty much anything they are ignorant of to be foolish in their vanity and pride. So carry on.

01-06-2016, 07:09 AM
It's a word to a man who thinks chance is the main deciding factor in decision making. How very profound... Not really as chance is not real and can in no way be proven. Kind of like saying existence is the result of chance alone or coincidence.

Talk about deepity