ATTN: Theists - Four Questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2016, 07:12 AM
RE: ATTN: Theists - Four Questions
(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I do not wish that anyone ever comes along and attempts to poke holes in what you know and believe on an inner most level.

You contradict yourself, in the very same post.

(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The changes that took place in me go way past the surface, and I seek to find and share the truth, not hide it.

By sharing your "truth" you are in fact, trying to convert people to your belief.

The least you can do is be honest about it.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
01-06-2016, 07:19 AM
(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just because you can't understand a thing, don't automatically assume it makes no sense or doesn't apply to you.

This is a true and accurate statement. Not understanding gravity does not mean that I can fly.

However the truth of that statement does not make the rest of your postings make any sense.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
01-06-2016, 07:42 AM
(01-06-2016 07:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My position is easily supported by everything decent in life.

Thanks for insinuating that something that took me all of ten seconds to think up sounds deep.

Your reading comprehension remains abysmal (reverse pun intended). Deepity =/= deep Laugh out load

(01-06-2016 07:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It isn’t supposed to though. As far as sounding like a fool; the ignorant would consider pretty much anything they are ignorant of to be foolish in their vanity and pride. So carry on.

You couldn’t be this ironic if you weren’t so self unaware. Congratulations.

(01-06-2016 07:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

DEEPITY! Laughat

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
01-06-2016, 07:45 AM
(01-06-2016 07:42 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 07:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My position is easily supported by everything decent in life.

Thanks for insinuating that something that took me all of ten seconds to think up sounds deep.

Your’re reading comprehension remains abysmal. Deepity =/= deep Laugh out load

(01-06-2016 07:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It isn’t supposed to though. As far as sounding like a fool; the ignorant would consider pretty much anything they are ignorant of to be foolish in their vanity and pride. So carry on.

You couldn’t be this ironic if you weren’t so self unaware. Congratulations.

(01-06-2016 07:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

DEEPITY! Laughat
Profound would have been the better word to use than deep.

I have no pride whatsoever so where is the irony?

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
01-06-2016, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2016 07:51 AM by popsthebuilder.)
(01-06-2016 07:12 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I do not wish that anyone ever comes along and attempts to poke holes in what you know and believe on an inner most level.

You contradict yourself, in the very same post.

(01-06-2016 06:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The changes that took place in me go way past the surface, and I seek to find and share the truth, not hide it.

By sharing your "truth" you are in fact, trying to convert people to your belief.

I am not trying to convert anyone or anything.
And even if I was(I'm not) then that still wouldn't constitute attempting to shoot what they know full of holes. I don't go around saying there is a GOD and no gravity. I don't say have faith in what is right and as such throw scientific endeavor out the window.

In fact; I don't instruct any to do anything based solely on anything I have ever said; I generally tell all the same thing; search and find for yourself, with inner honesty and attempted lack of bias and pride.

Now show my dishonesty please, or even my contradiction.
01-06-2016, 08:02 AM
(01-06-2016 07:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 07:12 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  You contradict yourself, in the very same post.

I am not trying to convert anyone or anything.
And even if I was(I'm not) then that still wouldn't constitute attempting to shoot what they know full of holes. I don't go around saying there is a GOD and no gravity. I don't say have faith in what is right and as such throw scientific endeavor out the window.

In fact; I don't instruct any to do anything based solely on anything I have ever said; I generally tell all the same thing; search and find for yourself, with inner honesty and attempted lack of bias and pride.

But you do do that. You go around saying you personally experienced god. Then say you have no way of providing proof for others of it.

You profess to be spreading "good" or positivity yet you spread slandering cussing out and bring negativity outward in countless interactions.

You've been dishonest repeatedly here. Or you're just disconnected from grasping behavior and message come across in two different ways.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
01-06-2016, 08:05 AM
(17-05-2016 07:55 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  What's your denomination?

I attend an Assembly of God church, although I am not a member.

Quote:Do you believe in election or free will?

Election

Quote:What is your eschatological view?

Premillenial, pretrib rapture, futurist. Here is a site where you can learn more about this viewpoint:

https://www.raptureready.com/abc/abc.html

I agree with the eschatology expressed in the Left Behind books.

Quote:What is your view on origins (ie - YEC, OEC, TE, EC, etc)?

YEC

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2016, 08:09 AM
(01-06-2016 08:02 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 07:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I am not trying to convert anyone or anything.

But you do do that. You go around saying you personally experienced god. Then say you have no way of providing proof for others of it.

You profess to be spreading "good" or positivity yet you spread slandering cussing out and bring negativity outward in countless interactions.

You've been dishonest repeatedly here. Or you're just disconnected from grasping behavior and message come across in two different ways.
Me not being able to prove the existence of GOD to others isn't me contradicting myself.

I do not claim to spread good. Never, not once have I stated such of myself.

And I have gone off and cussed and called names before. And yes that does make me hypocritical in some fashion. But it was always done in defence of some sort. Not that it is justified or okay, but it isn't the same as me saying that I am good and then showing myself to be otherwise. I'll be the first to say that I am nothing and noone. Me not showing the capacity to practice what I preach at every conceivable turn is proof that I am human, nothing more.

01-06-2016, 08:16 AM
(01-06-2016 08:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I do not claim to spread good. Never, not once have I stated such of myself.

Facepalm

I didn't think it was possible for anybody to be that self-unaware. You really do need help.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
01-06-2016, 08:19 AM
(01-06-2016 08:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

The cosmic membranes of wisdom swing noisily at the flap of the dingbat of history.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post