ATTN: pops and Heywood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2015, 08:26 PM
RE: ATTN: pops and Heywood
(07-10-2015 08:19 PM)Fireball Wrote:  X2. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over? I hope she hunted and killed said ostrich herself. Tongue

Consider ..where does the ostrich sit? Enquiring minds want to know!

The ostrich yet lives.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2015, 09:06 PM
(07-10-2015 04:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  That lends support to the hypothesis that Alla is a Poe.
As I said early on, I didn't believe someone could be that stupid, it had to be an act.

Agreed.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-10-2015, 05:39 AM
(07-10-2015 07:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 07:20 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  When you consider the average amount of absurdities that a person has to swallow on normal Christianity, then heap on the supplimental bullshit added by the LDS cult, you are left with people who are guillible enough to believe anything. A telemarketers wet dream . . .

ManlyGirly crocheted me an Ostrich pillow.

That is hilarious! I am familiar with that company because they make the worlds largest gummy worm

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Octapulse's post
08-10-2015, 05:51 AM
(07-10-2015 08:40 AM)Eva Wrote:  I had some at my door once. After telling me the devil was clever and could fool me they said they had the ultimate truth. I asked them how they knew this and they said because it came from god. So I asked how could they be sure it was not the devil fooling them, after all it was they themselves who told me he could do that, but apparently it was still god. At that point I politely made my waffled excuses to close the door as I felt rather dizzy at the mere thought of all the circles we were about to go around in if it continued.

That is the problem of creating an ultimate threat like that. If you make it too good, you can't prove that you've ever solved the problem.

Do they at least admit their reasoning is circular? I've gotten one Christian to ask me what the problem with circular reasoning was once I'd backed him into a corner.
08-10-2015, 05:56 AM
(07-10-2015 05:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 04:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  That lends support to the hypothesis that Alla is a Poe.
As I said early on, I didn't believe someone could be that stupid, it had to be an act.

Agreed.

Although I hypothesised a while back that it's two people:
1. the faux social justice warrior
2. the faux religio-victim

Fox or faux, it's kind of hard to tell.

I believe Alla is for real (and borderline certifiable). I think a Poe would be more competent (and funnier) when the character was being sarcastic.
08-10-2015, 06:11 AM
I agree I don't think Alla is a poe, she's not funny enough.

Considering this thread is directed at Pops and Heywood it is noticeably absent of both.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
08-10-2015, 06:26 AM
(07-10-2015 02:35 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Yeah I've heard people say that About Alla. However I have seen her bad mouth Mormons on another forum. And when asked at time's she didn't seem to know who Joseph Smith was.

Which forum? Same username?
08-10-2015, 06:38 AM
I keep checking this thread to see if there has been a response to the OP from Heywood or Pops...as expected there is none.

Neither seem to like to answer a simple question.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
08-10-2015, 07:02 AM
If I was a theist on an atheist forum with the intention of confronting them on their beliefs and on their positions, I would never divulge my standing point to anybody. That's opening a window for all sorts of attack and rebuttal. You want to be the one asking the question not answering them all the time. Plus, giving the nature of the internet and forums in general, there is always going to be a bunch of passive aggressive persons around who will immediately shut down any discussions or question with a jab at the questioner beliefs or position even if it's not always very pertinent. This strategy is very efficient and rather entertaining to read, but for the target, it feels aggressive and can even be offensive or threatening when it turns into a group attack.

In my opinion, Pops is some sort of New Age Christian who was hilarious for five minutes, but is now a bit tedious now due to his constant need to see a moral duality everywhere. Heywood is a Christian and social conservative that also happen to like being a contrarian which sometimes makes him look like a troll.
08-10-2015, 07:15 AM
(08-10-2015 07:02 AM)epronovost Wrote:  If I was a theist on an atheist forum with the intention of confronting them on their beliefs and on their positions, I would never divulge my standing point to anybody. That's opening a window for all sorts of attack and rebuttal. You want to be the one asking the question not answering them all the time. Plus, giving the nature of the internet and forums in general, there is always going to be a bunch of passive aggressive persons around who will immediately shut down any discussions or question with a jab at the questioner beliefs or position even if it's not always very pertinent. This strategy is very efficient and rather entertaining to read, but for the target, it feels aggressive and can even be offensive or threatening when it turns into a group attack.

In my opinion, Pops is some sort of New Age Christian who was hilarious for five minutes, but is now a bit tedious now due to his constant need to see a moral duality everywhere. Heywood is a Christian and social conservative that also happen to like being a contrarian which sometimes makes him look like a troll.

Considering that KC is the one asking...well, a lot of people here know his beliefs and he has been challenged and questioned and ridiculed by several for those beliefs. I don't see KC asking with any intention of belittling either Pops or Heywood for their particular belief system. I see it much more as a way of clarifying what beliefs their comments are based upon.

If there is anyone here who is open to discussion about other types of beliefs, it's KC.

If Heywood and Pops are secure in their beliefs, they shouldn't be afraid to speak up.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat