Abandoned Places: School District

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2014, 11:00 PM
Abandoned Places: School District
There are some interesting abandoned places around where I live. Some friends (legendoflink) and I explored a broken down school district building today, and I took some gnarly pictures!

[Image: IMG_9191.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9192.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9195.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9197.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9198.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9204.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9209.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9212.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9214.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9218.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9226.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9231.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9242.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9243.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9248.jpg]

Overall, a productive day for small town, bored teenagers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Ferdinand's post
30-04-2014, 12:59 AM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2014 01:02 AM by Free Thought.)
RE: Abandoned Places: School District
(29-04-2014 11:00 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  There are some interesting abandoned places around where I live. Some friends (legendoflink) and I explored a broken down school district building today, and I took some gnarly pictures!

[Image: IMG_9248.jpg]

One of those pictures had 9Gag written on a wall.

Time to burn down an old school!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
30-04-2014, 01:16 AM
Your pics are super cool, very artsy.

If you practice art or even if you don't take them a little further--try mixed media alterations.

Try a black and white grouping. Think contrast.

You already have a theme. There is likely a local art center that may display them for you.

NICE!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 2 users Like Dee's post
30-04-2014, 02:35 AM
(29-04-2014 11:00 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  There are some interesting abandoned places around where I live. Some friends (legendoflink) and I explored a broken down school district building today, and I took some gnarly pictures!

Looks move-in ready for PG County, MD. Thumbsup
30-04-2014, 04:10 AM
I have seen enough creepypastas to know where this is going.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
30-04-2014, 05:18 AM
aaah!!! teenagers. The mommy in me is smh. tornado warnings all around and you go to an abandoned building..Gasp..and is that poison ivy in that pic with the boy in the window? Tongue

Great pics! I like what Dee said above, keep working that craft. Find a gallery to tour and your brain will feed off seeing the works of others and really get you going.

have you taken any photography classes? learn your way around that camera and keep experimenting.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
30-04-2014, 05:54 AM
(30-04-2014 12:59 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  One of those pictures had 9Gag written on a wall.

Time to burn down an old school!

You can imagine,
I laughed my ass off when we walked into that room.
(30-04-2014 01:16 AM)Dee Wrote:  Your pics are super cool, very artsy.

If you practice art or even if you don't take them a little further--try mixed media alterations.

Try a black and white grouping. Think contrast.

You already have a theme. There is likely a local art center that may display them for you.

NICE!

(30-04-2014 05:18 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  aaah!!! teenagers. The mommy in me is smh. tornado warnings all around and you go to an abandoned building..Gasp..and is that poison ivy in that pic with the boy in the window? Tongue

Great pics! I like what Dee said above, keep working that craft. Find a gallery to tour and your brain will feed off seeing the works of others and really get you going.

have you taken any photography classes? learn your way around that camera and keep experimenting.

I hadn't even thought of getting into photography, but I would like to learn my way around a camera more. I like documentation and just taking a lot of pictures. Most of these pictures weren't really fooled around with in any specific way, they were taken on default portrait or non flash setting simply because I haven't gotten the chance to experiment with this camera and play around with other functions. I don't really know much about photography, but I have a friend who is establishing herself in photography, so I could probably learn a few things from her. I just haven't gotten around to it yet, but again, I'd really like to.
30-04-2014, 06:01 AM
(30-04-2014 05:54 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I hadn't even thought of getting into photography, but I would like to learn my way around a camera more. I like documentation and just taking a lot of pictures. Most of these pictures weren't really fooled around with in any specific way, they were taken on default portrait or non flash setting simply because I haven't gotten the chance to experiment with this camera and play around with other functions. I don't really know much about photography, but I have a friend who is establishing herself in photography, so I could probably learn a few things from her. I just haven't gotten around to it yet, but again, I'd really like to.

youtube!

Some other people I know have taken classes and their assignments are usually a topic. 3 photo's that show love, or 3 that show speed, 3 that show a rainbow of color. Or dark/light contrast, gradients, shadows, etc. It makes your brain look at the world a bit differently.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
30-04-2014, 07:10 AM
Nice pictures. Be careful around abandond buildings. There are dangers there that are not in maintined buildings and there may be tresspassing issues.

If you are interested in photography check out the books by Bryan Peterson. The best one is Understanding Exposure. I did a few online classes through Flying Photo School. It was ok. If you go that route do not pay full price. They groupon their classes a lot.