Abiogenesis, creation, and natural selection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2013, 04:23 PM
RE: Abiogenesis, creation, and natural selection
(29-04-2013 04:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-04-2013 03:59 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  In order to stick to a reconciled version of a literal interpretation, there cannot be a progressive creation aka God had to create every species of animal in the beginning that we have to day. This is what the language says.

And your solution is the local flood correct ? What does the language say about locality of flooding again ? If I remember rightly your own argument for it was somewhat tenuous.

Why not just concede and let the whole flood be a mythical or poetic event or whatever ?

Like... if it *was* a local flood, do you think Noah had a full menagerie on board or just a few cows ?

No, I believe that the flood story is like the Genesis account (not literal; hyperbolic story told to share a message) because they are written in the same way and have the same ANE History.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2013, 12:39 AM
I cannot help but wonder what the message being shared was exactly...

"Do not cross the Deity, lest our entire planet cop a disciplinary beating in the form of genocide."?

I must say, that does not seem like a family friendly story.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
30-04-2013, 08:24 AM
(30-04-2013 12:39 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I cannot help but wonder what the message being shared was exactly...

"Do not cross the Deity, lest our entire planet cop a disciplinary beating in the form of genocide."?

I must say, that does not seem like a family friendly story.

Are there any family friendly stories in that book?

Abraham and his son? Nope

Adam and Eve, where women are given the blame for all death and suffering? Nope

Sodom and Gomorrah? Nope

Job? Hell no

I can't think of any, let alone how awful the flood is.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post