Abortion? And tons of anxiety?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2015, 04:30 PM
Abortion? And tons of anxiety?
Okay so this post is mostly just so I can vent because I need someone to listen to me besides my partner. Back in September I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant. I've been taking birth control for 5 years and I've never had an issue. But I went on a trip and I stupidly forgot my birth control, and then engaged in unprotected sex thinking that I would be fine since it's only for a few days.
So I found out I was pregnant, and immediately I knew I would be having an abortion (for personal reasons), but my partner agreed and I terminated the pregnancy Oct 4th. Got back on birth control and I used a condom the first week because it takes 7 days to be protected. Condom broke, I thought no biggie I should be okay (because he hadn't finished)
And then today I went to get a pregnancy test from my doctor because I'm supposed to start my period sometime this week and I just wanted to know the results so I wouldn't stress myself out the whole week. And it came back positive! Although they said up to 6 weeks after an abortion, it will still show up positive, so they said not to worry.
But I'm worrying because I'm an anxious person and it's eating me alive. And now I'm just irritated and they said to come back in 2 weeks but I'm going to drive myself insane. I'm sorry this is long, I just needed to vent. Any feedback would be much appreciated.Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2015, 04:54 PM
RE: Abortion? And tons of anxiety?
(03-11-2015 04:30 PM)xastrogasmx Wrote:  [...] And it came back positive! Although they said up to 6 weeks after an abortion, it will still show up positive, so they said not to worry.
But I'm worrying because I'm an anxious person and it's eating me alive. And now I'm just irritated and they said to come back in 2 weeks but I'm going to drive myself insane. I'm sorry this is long, I just needed to vent. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Unfortunately, yes, you can get pregnant immediately after a surgical termination—because you can still be ovulating. Even if you're still bleeding slightly makes no difference, and you next/first period can be erratic or untimely.

And yes; a pregnancy test will show a positive for up to 6 weeks after your termination, so I wouldn't be too concerned at this point in time. Hope this helps.

NB: I am not a medical doctor.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
03-11-2015, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't worry too much, if it comes down to it you can just get another abortion right?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
03-11-2015, 06:03 PM
Just remember that you, and no one else, is in control of your body. If you need someone to talk to about it, there are many of us here who'd be more than happy to offer what support we can.

I hope you make it through the next couple of weeks with a minimum of stress.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 11 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
03-11-2015, 10:32 PM
Yow, that's some hectic shit to deal with Undecided Sorry...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Good luck, I hope it works out for you....

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 1 user Likes Imathinker's post
03-11-2015, 11:20 PM
Well I learned something today, thanks for sharing, and so sorry you're going through this ordeal. Don't worry yet because there is nothing you can do to make time run faster, so try to keep busy and when the time comes, get tested again.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
03-11-2015, 11:31 PM
Good luck. I would be surprised if they screwed up you termination.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
04-11-2015, 05:04 AM
Hug

I hope things work out for you and you don't have to deal right now with a second pregnancy or procedure.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
04-11-2015, 08:44 AM
If you do end up pregnant again, you might want too look into Mifepristone which induces miscarriage as opposed to having yet another surgical procedure. I read about this on Valerie Tarico's Blog:

http://valerietarico.com/2015/09/30/cons...abortions/
[+] 2 users Like Iñigo's post