Abortion, The Facts and False Hoods?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Abortion, The Facts and False Hoods?
I just saw this video on Facebook posted by a friend of mine that is extremely religious and and is extremely anti-abortion. Now i am not very educated on abortion, all i know is that it can help science with important research and that's really about it. i never really understood why some people, particularly the religious, hate abortions. I did see the video and i found it a bit disturbing but i don't know if it is completely true or not. here the link to the video i saw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c82WUgjIUng

I just want to know the facts about this uneasy topic so me and for anyone else that sees this topic.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2012, 09:17 PM
RE: Abortion, The Facts and False Hoods?
I didn't watch the video, but from what you've stated (that it's extremely anti-abortion and religious) I can guarantee you that it's not completely true. Considering the things I've seen said about Planned Parenthood, I'd be surprised if there's any truth at all.

I can't watch things like this. They make me ragey and I don't like to get ragey on the internets. Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes trillium13's post
07-02-2012, 10:14 PM
(07-02-2012 09:17 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  I didn't watch the video, but from what you've stated (that it's extremely anti-abortion and religious) I can guarantee you that it's not completely true. Considering the things I've seen said about Planned Parenthood, I'd be surprised if there's any truth at all.

I can't watch things like this. They make me ragey and I don't like to get ragey on the internets. Wink

i can sorta understand what you mean when you said that you get "ragey" when you watch thinks like this but its almost impossible to not get "ragey" at lots of the things that happens in this world. But on the opposite end of the table its almost impossible to get "ragey" when you looks at the beauty of the world around you.
Plus i don't like the fact that you assumed that the video is not true just because i said that the person is extremely religious and anti-abortion and you haven't even watched the video to form an opinion about its contents.
Bottom Line: Don't assume. My history teacher once said that if you assume you are only making an ass out of u and me
08-02-2012, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 12:24 AM by Peterkin.)
You can't think about this subject (come to that, several important subjects) in terms of partisan propaganda.
In order to form a mature opinion, or political stand, you need to learn a little - really, very little, so don't be afraid - biology, and then step back and regard human procreation objectively, dispassionately. Every society has to make judgments about its population, family structure, citizens' rights and of sexual behaviour.
On what factors should these judgments be based?
How well have we done so far?
What do we hope to achieve and what do we hope to avoid by making laws?

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
09-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Why is it that people can hear about the slaughter of thousands and not care yet they freak out over one abortion? People need to get their priorities straight before they can be taken seriously.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 5 users Like Hamata k's post
09-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Religion is a huge problem in population control, mainly because it's never wanted any. Every religion has wanted to outnumber its rivals, especially in impressionable young males, to make successful war, as well as to keep the women dependent and subservient.

Sex education and birth control are far more efficient than abortion, but abortion is kinder to the foetus than forcing it to be born into some of the conditions we have created. The right-to-lifers don't give a sff about what happens to the babies of poor people, or the mothers. They don't mind executing teenagers who resort to gangs, drugs and crime because of how and where they grow up.
Saying: "suffer the little children" is all their god requires - and suffer, the little children do.

(Laws against abortion and contraception never apply to the people who can afford private medical care; only to the lower classes.)

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 6 users Like Peterkin's post
10-02-2012, 07:33 AM
I'm sure that video turned out to be a fake. I remember being shown it in R.E.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
10-02-2012, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 02:17 PM by k37713.)
I am a 30 year old female living in Dallas TX. I am the girl that most of you want to hate - at least when it comes to this subject. Two years ago I had an abortion. I was not sexually assaulted and I have none of the seemingly "acceptable" excuses. I simply was not ready to start a family. I was on birth control but admitably missed days more often than what apparently made them effective. ( I also found out that my bf at the time was trying to get me pregnant because he thought it would coherse me to marry him-- his words-- ( there is a lil more to this story )but bottom line is YES.. I know the fault is on me for missing my pills)

I guess my point in posting this came from a thread I read on here a while back and a post where someone said they had never met and didn't think that there was a lady alive that had ever had an abortion and not felt remorse or emotional residual from it. I haven't seen anyone with my perspective post. But.. I am proof that we exsist. I simply don't hold the importance on a fetus as some of you do. I don't see it as a child. I have never looked back and felt anything but very happy that I was ableto make the right decision for me. I know that had I been forced to bring a child into the world it would not have had the life I hope to someday give. I sincerely hope that this choice is availiable for all future generations.

----------------

btw this may belong on a diff abortion thread..

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 7 users Like k37713's post
10-02-2012, 02:48 PM
I watched my wife go through 4 pregnancies, deliveries, and successively worse postpartum depressions. Any man who has any opinion whatsoever on this matter should just shut the fuck up 'cause they have no idea what they're talking about.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
10-02-2012, 03:00 PM
I haven't watched the video- I really shouldn't watch stuff at work, so maybe I'll check it out this weekend. But I know that it will make me angry too, so I probably will not. Frankly, like GirlyMan says, it is not my choice to make. I will vote for a candidate who supports that choice be given to the woman who needs to make it at the time she needs to make it.

(10-02-2012 02:05 PM)k37713 Wrote:  I am a 30 year old female living in Dallas TX. I am the girl that most of you want to hate - at least when it comes to this subject. Two years ago I had an abortion. I was not sexually assaulted and I have none of the seemingly "acceptable" excuses. I simply was not ready to start a family. I was on birth control but admitably missed days more often than what apparently made them effective. ( I also found out that my bf at the time was trying to get me pregnant because he thought it would coherse me to marry him-- his words-- ( there is a lil more to this story )but bottom line is YES.. I know the fault is on me for missing my pills)

I guess my point in posting this came from a thread I read on here a while back and a post where someone said they had never met and didn't think that there was a lady alive that had ever had an abortion and not felt remorse or emotional residual from it. I haven't seen anyone with my perspective post. But.. I am proof that we exsist. I simply don't hold the importance on a fetus as some of you do. I don't see it as a child. I have never looked back and felt anything but very happy that I was ableto make the right decision for me. I know that had I been forced to bring a child into the world it would not have had the life I hope to someday give. I sincerely hope that this choice is availiable for all future generations.

I'm glad to hear this debunked, thank you for sharing. I think hat this idea that women always regret it is put forth entirely by the religious right who insist that you should feel bad, therefore you must feel bad.

(10-02-2012 02:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I watched my wife go through 4 pregnancies, deliveries, and successively worse postpartum depressions. Any man who has any opinion whatsoever on this matter should just shut the fuck up 'cause they have no idea what they're talking about.

I defer to my wife on this stuff. As it is the laws that affect these decisions are made almost exclusively by old rich white men who have zero perspective on the subject.
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post