Abortion, The Facts and False Hoods?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2012, 06:10 PM
RE: Abortion, The Facts and False Hoods?
The only thing I hate about anti-abortions assume a fetus is a living person. I mean if killing a bunch of cells is wrong, then you don't:
-Masturbate(killing potential babies)
-Monthly Periods(serial killers)
-Smoke(kills brain cells)
-Drink alcohol(kills brain cells)
-Use hand-wash(killing bacteria)

It seem like people only care about the fetus when in it's mother's womb but don't give fuck after it's born. So hypocritical!
We don't need messed children in the world. It's already overpopulated.
Adoption is just as worse. I would rather abort a fetus than let it live in a depressed world where it will only be neglected and abused.

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like tazmin98's post
10-02-2012, 08:28 PM
(10-02-2012 06:10 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  The only thing I hate about anti-abortions assume a fetus is a living person. I mean if killing a bunch of cells is wrong, then you don't:

It seem like people only care about the fetus when in it's mother's womb but don't give fuck after it's born. So hypocritical!
Adoption is just as worse. I would rather abort a fetus than let it live in a depressed world where it will only be neglected and abused.

Once again you amaze me with your insights. Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-02-2012, 12:36 AM
I hope most people don't hate you k. I'm another one who fights for those sort of rights. It is very important to be able to get out of a bad situation. Had I became pregnant one way or another as a kid I would not have had it. I wouldn't dare let a human life be ruined cause I made a mistake. But this recent overinfatuation with children in general gets really confusing. People so often think the only triage situation that's acceptable anymore is to kill the adult, and let the child die due to being alone. There is a limit to the importance of children, and that is if they can survive. I never spoke on an abortion thread here it probably happened before my time or during one of my lulls. Glad you didn't end up in a horrible situation. And it sounds like that sperm was lucky too. People tend to forget that there are more losers than winners in the world. It's not always gonna pan out when you deal a child a losing hand from the start.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
11-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Just recently exactly this video came up in a small blabla with EgoR. For me being rational about it I got lines like "you sound like a Nazi" from him - though who gives a f***. If me being rational and logic about abortion and critical about videos like this makes me sound like a Nazi so be it, though I am very sure I do not sound like that.

This video is not fake BUT it is very misleading.
I like this part from wikipedia:
Quote:Many members of the medical community were critical of the film, describing it as misleading and deceptive. Richard Berkowitz, professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Mount Sinai Medical Center, described the film as "factually misleading and unfair". John Hobbins of the Yale School of Medicine called the film's use of special effects deceptive, a form of "technical flimflam." He pointed out that the film of the ultrasound is initially run at slow speed, but that it is sped up when surgical instruments are introduced to give the impression that "the fetus is thrashing about in alarm." Hobbins questioned the titular "scream", noting that "the fetus spends lots of time with its mouth open", that the "scream" may have been a yawn, and also that "mouth" identified on the blurry ultrasound in the film may in fact have been the space between the fetal chin and chest.

Fetal development experts argued that, contrary to Nathanson's assertion in the film, a fetus cannot perceive danger or make purposeful movements. David Bodian, a neurobiologist at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, stated that doctors had no evidence that a twelve-week-old fetus could feel pain, but noted the possibility of a reflex movement by a fetus in response to external stimuli such as surgical instruments. The size of the ultrasound image and of the fetus model used was also misleading, appearing to show a fetus the size of a full-term baby, while in actuality a twelve-week-old fetus is under two inches long.

Making things look larger, misleading you by showing what's done on a fully formed fetus, speeding up and slowing down the footage for the effects > Not ok!
Either you show it for real and no tricks and no misinterpretations or you don't show it at all, but this video is not worth anything.

@k thanks for sharing!!

I have a strong opinion that if I know that my child will have huge birth defects, or there are other reasons, an abortion should be possible. And actually not being ready is an acceptable reason for me. Women have stopped pregnancies for centuries but all of a sudden it's a big issue...

The only thing that should be and I hope is forbidden, other people making the decision for the mother/parents. My grandfather forced my mother to abort her first pregnancy when she did not want to do that, but there was no other way or she would have been on the street (she was 17). She told me that it was a really bad experience for her. When my grandfather heard (a few years later) that I was on the way he told my mother "ok, I will pay you one more but that's it then"... well luckily she didn't take that great offer, eh. ... this makes me so angry everytime I think about it!! How dare he!?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
11-02-2012, 08:38 AM
How dare he, indeed! Yet, they do, and have, and will. Never a shortage of old white guys who feel entitled to run everyone else's life. In the past half century, the undrclasses have gained voice and courage and claimed their political rights. The conservative factions everywhere are trying - with considerable success - to reverse all those progressive measures.
The old white guys want their slaves back.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
11-02-2012, 06:35 PM
(11-02-2012 08:38 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  How dare he, indeed! Yet, they do, and have, and will. Never a shortage of old white guys who feel entitled to run everyone else's life. In the past half century, the undrclasses have gained voice and courage and claimed their political rights. The conservative factions everywhere are trying - with considerable success - to reverse all those progressive measures.

This is not at all a race issue.. I'm a youngish WHITE girl... and I made my decision.. I hate the race card.. even tho.. I KNOW.. it is sometimes present even when I want to ignore it.. I hate that we can't see that it is classes in these days and not color.. and what I hate more is when the minorities are blind to that.. .. conservatives come in all shapes sizes and forms.. religion and bigotry is not particular to race.. although I do understand there is a "white" majority..

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
12-02-2012, 01:21 PM
(10-02-2012 08:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 06:10 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  The only thing I hate about anti-abortions assume a fetus is a living person. I mean if killing a bunch of cells is wrong, then you don't:

Thanks!Blush

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
12-02-2012, 02:16 PM
(10-02-2012 02:05 PM)k37713 Wrote:  I am a 30 year old female living in Dallas TX. I am the girl that most of you want to hate - at least when it comes to this subject. Two years ago I had an abortion. I was not sexually assaulted and I have none of the seemingly "acceptable" excuses. I simply was not ready to start a family. I was on birth control but admitably missed days more often than what apparently made them effective. ( I also found out that my bf at the time was trying to get me pregnant because he thought it would coherse me to marry him-- his words-- ( there is a lil more to this story )but bottom line is YES.. I know the fault is on me for missing my pills)

I guess my point in posting this came from a thread I read on here a while back and a post where someone said they had never met and didn't think that there was a lady alive that had ever had an abortion and not felt remorse or emotional residual from it. I haven't seen anyone with my perspective post. But.. I am proof that we exsist. I simply don't hold the importance on a fetus as some of you do. I don't see it as a child. I have never looked back and felt anything but very happy that I was ableto make the right decision for me. I know that had I been forced to bring a child into the world it would not have had the life I hope to someday give. I sincerely hope that this choice is availiable for all future generations.

----------------

btw this may belong on a diff abortion thread..

Actually I don't think anyone has a right to hate you for that.
A fetus is a part of your body , and I believe you should have body autonomy.

I don;t think it's just your fault - getting a woman pregnant to marry her ? Seriously ? That's just f******** wrong. Reminds me of Deuteronomy 22:28-29 , you know , if you rape a woman she has to marry you.

As for you not being affected , I for one don't mind. I think the decision should be mostly up to you , the father ( which in this case I think drops from the equation for lying and manipulating) and maybe a doctor (no , not the fundie preacher who puts on a lab coat).

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
12-02-2012, 02:33 PM
(11-02-2012 06:35 PM)k37713 Wrote:  
(11-02-2012 08:38 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  In the past half century, the undrclasses have gained voice and courage and claimed their political rights. The conservative factions everywhere are trying - with considerable success - to reverse all those progressive measures.

This is not at all a race issue.. I'm a youngish WHITE girl... and I made my decision.. I hate the race card.

What race card? I said old white guys, because that's who runs the world (at least, until the old Oriental guys take over). The underclasses are women, Africans, Gays, working class, Hispanics, Immigrants... Yes, more youngish - and oldish white girls are living in servitude than you'd like to know - but not as many as the old white guys want.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
13-02-2012, 09:55 PM
(10-02-2012 08:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

She is quite precocious, isn't she.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.