Abortion - ban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Abortion - ban
http://www.kfyrtv.com/News_Stories.asp?news=46571

Apparently an abortion ban bill is on its way to the senate.
I don't know what to say about this - it's a direct violation of women's rights and it'll kill stem cell therapy altogether.
Besides some politicians tried to split rape into different categories and only allow abortion in case of "forceful" rape - so apparently if a rapist doesn't break a few bones the woman gets stuck with the kid.
I'm just completely outraged at this crap.

What do you guys think ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2011, 12:15 PM
RE: Abortion - ban
Abortion was illigal in Romania during the leadership of the one asshole, so people got abortions illigally or did it by themselves. You can imagine the risks of underground unprofessionally done abortions. But contraception was also banned, so that affected the abortion rates.

''The bill not only bans abortion, but goes a step further and would ban the destruction of human embryos that are created when a woman`s egg is fertilized outside her body, known as in vitro fertilization.''
That's even weirder.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
15-02-2011, 12:39 PM
What... Wait, how can... "forceful rape"?... But that doesn't make any sense... What the hell are you doing America? So much for the land of the free, looks like your government officials are more keen on breaking down people's rights and equality.

15-02-2011, 02:48 PM
The forceful rape act was proposed by some politicians but I don't think it got through - but the line of thinking sickens me , if it's rape , it's rape no matter how forceful or not.
As for Romania , yea , the Communist regime banned abortions and contraceptives as far as I know so it was a eugenics movement in a way to bolster population.
Great work they did , now 50% of our population is elderly and most young people left the country (as will I) so , great situation.

The banning on human embryos is in relation to stem cell research - I think they need to use a fertilized egg in embryotic stem cells.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
15-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Gotta love right wing states.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-02-2011, 09:29 PM
First they need to protect fire! If only they understood that an embryo is only half as alive as a fire is (based on the seven qualities of life). Extremism... Grr...

"Only you can protect forest fires!"

The Solution is obviously: Genocide.
16-02-2011, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2011 01:16 PM by cfhmagnet.)
I am constantly amazed at the fat white rich pig's desire to control the uterus and make women subservient to them. The idea I have been pushing for years now is put abortion in the polls. Let the women of this country vote on it and that will be the final say. No vagina, no abortion vote.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
16-02-2011, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2011 09:17 AM by Lilith Pride.)
So North Dakota is going to have a huge backlash due to their attempts at violating people's individual rights? Yes this is horrid, and not only is it horrid, I believe that this will fuel the fire for opposition. Just wait and see what comes if the senate agrees with the house on this. Women living in North Dakota will be in particular danger of rape, along with the rise of illegal abortions. There are rapists who desire to impregnate their victims, so they will definitely love a place that says their victims can't deny it.

Issues of rape and molestation are insane when I look at them (being a victim of molestation myself). 1 in 4 women are victims of these things, and yet a political struggle is made to state that there is nothing wrong with this? I feel oppressed even by the use of molestation and rape in humor now that the terms have become slang. I can't believe there are people out there who feel that rapists have any sort of right to the action that gives them this name. Yes rapists are still people and they have rights as people but in regards to this action they should be punished and not seen as possibly ok.

The thing that really bothers me on this is that it's the societal view of ignore it and it will go away. I was molested at the age of 5, and unlike the average 5 year old I got the cops involved. What happened due to my standing up to this oppression? My family moved almost every 6 months so my childhood was never grounded. And my mothers' extended family viewed me as dangerous because I might sexualize their children. Rape is not a case of someone does this horrible thing to you and then it's over. Being raped creates a stigma for you with society which needs to be removed. Victims are not guilty of being victims, the US needs to accept that supression of the victim by society is sometimes even more oppressive than the act itself.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Question for anti-abortion atheists Hierophant 143 4,522 23-05-2014 07:33 AM
Last Post: Walter
  What is Your Thinking On Abortion ? chandlerklebs 189 1,993 09-04-2014 02:10 PM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  Abortion, choice or murder? trogit 263 4,559 19-02-2014 09:49 PM
Last Post: WindyCityJazz
  Abortion. two decisions, which is worse? Adrianime 23 579 12-02-2014 02:07 AM
Last Post: Dee
  Spain: Controversy arround proposed anti abortion bill The Germans are coming 8 211 31-01-2014 03:53 PM
Last Post: Marozz
  must teach teens abortion risk factor for pre-term birth Bows and Arrows 11 657 03-07-2013 08:46 PM
Last Post: Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver
  "Watch Abortion Supporters Chant 'Hail Satan'." UndercoverAtheist 3 360 03-07-2013 02:58 PM
Last Post: ELK12695