Abortion, choice or murder?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Abortion, choice or murder?
So since I converted to atheism I have had a hard time with abortion. I still feel like it is murder and that A baby can always be put up for adoption. I just saw a video on my facebook wall that a girl posted. It shows an aborted fetus still being able to move and being ALIVE. I was adopted and if abortion was legal in Indiana, I could have been dead. What do you say about abortion and why?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes trogit's post
03-02-2014, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 07:59 PM by Crulax.)
RE: Abortion, choice or murder?
(03-02-2014 07:47 PM)trogit Wrote:  So since I converted to atheism I have had a hard time with abortion. I still feel like it is murder and that A baby can always be put up for adoption. I just saw a video on my facebook wall that a girl posted. It shows an aborted fetus still being able to move and being ALIVE. I was adopted and if abortion was legal in Indiana, I could have been dead. What do you say about abortion and why?

Hello and Welcome!

I recommend using the forum search with the term abortion and checking the search title section. There are a lot of threads out there already discussing this sensitive subject!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
03-02-2014, 08:04 PM
I say that it is none of my business if someone I have never met wants to have a kid or not.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
03-02-2014, 08:07 PM
(03-02-2014 07:47 PM)trogit Wrote:  So since I converted to atheism I have had a hard time with abortion. I still feel like it is murder and that A baby can always be put up for adoption. I just saw a video on my facebook wall that a girl posted. It shows an aborted fetus still being able to move and being ALIVE. I was adopted and if abortion was legal in Indiana, I could have been dead. What do you say about abortion and why?

That's not entirely true and rather a bit of hyperbole. Abortion has been legal for a long time, adoptions still occur.

But still the point is choice. You don't like abortion, don't have one. But don't tell me that I can't just because you don't like it.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 12 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-02-2014, 08:15 PM
I <3 abortion. Just sayin.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 3 users Like Adrianime's post
03-02-2014, 08:16 PM
<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202057372534656" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202057372534656">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/jimandersen">Jim Andersen</a>.</div></div>

I just don't know if it's a women's rights issue or a persons issue on whether others will kill it or not.
03-02-2014, 08:18 PM
If men got pregnant you'd be able to get abortions at Starbucks.

Don't kid yourself. Men have been trying to control women since we discovered they have different parts.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 15 users Like Minimalist's post
03-02-2014, 08:21 PM
"Murder" is a legal term for the unlawful killing of another human being. Abortion is not illegal, therefore it cannot be murder.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 10 users Like Vosur's post
03-02-2014, 08:38 PM

Well it's not "murder", as "murder" is a legal term, which doesn't apply. Abortion is legal. Why not "Second Degree Man-slaughter" ? The fact is there are many legal situations where "taking a human life" is legal, (and even moral). A clump of cells, with no neural tube is not a human, (it's a "potential" human). Before you get all wacked out about it, maybe find out about how often late term abortions are actually done, and under what circumstances. They're actually very rare. I heard this past weekend the number of ABs had dropped significantly in the last reporting period, (I assumed this was due to the availability of "Plan B").

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-02-2014, 08:41 PM
(03-02-2014 08:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Well it's not "murder", as "murder" is a legal term, which doesn't apply. Abortion is legal. Why not "Second Degree Man-slaughter" ? The fact is there are many legal situations where "taking a human life" is legal, (and even moral). A clump of cells, with no neural tube is not a human, (it's a "potential" human). Before you get all wacked out about it, maybe find out about how often late term abortions are actually done, and under what circumstances. They're actually very rare. I heard this past weekend the number of ABs had dropped significantly in the last reporting period, (I assumed this was due to the availability of "Plan B").

Abortions at lowest rates since 1973!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 2 users Like Crulax's post