Abortion, choice or murder?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2014, 10:41 AM
RE: Abortion, choice or murder?
honestly, if I learned that my pregnancy had a very big chance to have severe birth defects, I would abort.

In the same way that I would abort a relationship if I found out the man I was dating was a drug addict. Its not something I want to sign up for.

Same with birth defects. I do not want to sign up for that. To have everything I've worked for be lost. My money, my time, my job, everything...just to care for a baby that has no real quality of life. No thanks. Now maybe that makes me a bad person. But it should not mean I'm a criminal.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Cathym112's post
05-02-2014, 10:47 AM
(05-02-2014 10:41 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  honestly, if I learned that my pregnancy had a very big chance to have severe birth defects, I would abort.

In the same way that I would abort a relationship if I found out the man I was dating was a drug addict. Its not something I want to sign up for.

Same with birth defects. I do not want to sign up for that. To have everything I've worked for be lost. My money, my time, my job, everything...just to care for a baby that has no real quality of life. No thanks. Now maybe that makes me a bad person. But it should not mean I'm a criminal.

Of course is doesn't make you a bad person.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
05-02-2014, 11:05 AM
(05-02-2014 01:31 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If you don't like abortion, don't have one. If you don't like a label, don't use it.

You were unable to answer my question. I will ask you again to explain what is abortion vs. what is murder.

If a mother aborts a fetus after the point of viability? Abortion or murder?

What about when the baby is full term? Abortion or murder?

During the birthing process, before the child has fully exited the womb? Abortion or murder?

Before the cutting of the umbilical cord? Abortion or murder?

Before the child can talk and express his own views? Abortion or murder?

Before the child can move out and live on his own? Abortion or murder?

Before the child is a legal adult? Abortion or murder?

You danced around the question because, as I said, you don't have a logical definition for what is abortion vs. murder. You're just drawing a line in the sand somewhere. That is the only point I was making. Please acknowledge that.
05-02-2014, 11:09 AM
Murder is a legal term and it is well defined.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Abortion falls under "Stand your ground laws". Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-02-2014, 11:24 AM
(05-02-2014 11:17 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Abortion falls under "Stand your ground laws". Weeping

LOL Shocking

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
05-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Why is it that Christains stand on their faith and the bible to claim abortion is wrong? Where in the scriptures is abortion called an "abomination", such as with homosexuality?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
05-02-2014, 11:48 AM
(05-02-2014 11:40 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Why is it that Christains stand on their faith and the bible to claim abortion is wrong? Where in the scriptures is abortion called an "abomination", such as with homosexuality?

Most people used to die trying to abort back then, probably using sticks.

When I was young, people used knitting needles and bled to death. A girl in my class did so.

People always have and always will try to abort, and without involvement of the medical profession it is more often than not a death sentence.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-02-2014, 11:56 AM
If it is based on the "do not commit murder" commandment, then there is insufficient details in the OT as to what defines life. As a result, it is perfectly acceptable for us humans to make that distinction, and for a woman to make with her undeveloped child.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
05-02-2014, 12:06 PM
(05-02-2014 11:05 AM)frankksj Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 01:31 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If you don't like abortion, don't have one. If you don't like a label, don't use it.

You were unable to answer my question. I will ask you again to explain what is abortion vs. what is murder.

If a mother aborts a fetus after the point of viability? Abortion or murder?

What about when the baby is full term? Abortion or murder?

During the birthing process, before the child has fully exited the womb? Abortion or murder?

Before the cutting of the umbilical cord? Abortion or murder?

Before the child can talk and express his own views? Abortion or murder?

Before the child can move out and live on his own? Abortion or murder?

Before the child is a legal adult? Abortion or murder?

You danced around the question because, as I said, you don't have a logical definition for what is abortion vs. murder. You're just drawing a line in the sand somewhere. That is the only point I was making. Please acknowledge that.

Drawing a "line in the sand" is necessary so a decision may be reached. Period. And Someone Has to do that - reach a decision.
And the Person who should Reach a decision would be the ONE person bearing the responsibility: The woman who is pregnant. Period.
It is absolutely No One's decision other than hers. IF she wishes to confer or take into account other opinions - that is also her Choice.

When YOU are told "you're pregnant" --- then and Only then - do you get to make the decision of what to do next. If no one ever says personally To you "You're pregnant" then its a decision you won't face.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post