Abortion, choice or murder?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2014, 07:28 PM
RE: Abortion, choice or murder?
(12-02-2014 07:06 PM)frankksj Wrote:  What if, right after sex, your mom did something that prevented the fertilized egg from lodging, like, maybe going jogging? You wouldn't say "I'd be dead if mom went for a jog", because you don't identify with being a fertilized egg.

Provide evidence that jogging prevents implantation. You are a moron. Exercise does nt prevent, in any way, implantation.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
12-02-2014, 07:35 PM
(12-02-2014 07:28 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 07:06 PM)frankksj Wrote:  What if, right after sex, your mom did something that prevented the fertilized egg from lodging, like, maybe going jogging? You wouldn't say "I'd be dead if mom went for a jog", because you don't identify with being a fertilized egg.

Provide evidence that jogging prevents implantation. You are a moron. Exercise does nt prevent, in any way, implantation.

Might you grant me one boon, master?

Smother this thread with a pillow. Looks too late to abort Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
12-02-2014, 08:12 PM
(12-02-2014 07:28 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Provide evidence that jogging prevents implantation. You are a moron. Exercise does nt prevent, in any way, implantation.

Jeez, I'm a man and it seems I know more about your anatomy than you do.

Link:

Lauren Wise, an associate professor of epidemiology at the Boston University School of Public Health, suggested high-intensity exercise might also disturb implantation (when a fertilized egg attaches to the uterus).

Ouch.
12-02-2014, 08:17 PM
(12-02-2014 08:12 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 07:28 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Provide evidence that jogging prevents implantation. You are a moron. Exercise does nt prevent, in any way, implantation.

Jeez, I'm a man and it seems I know more about your anatomy than you do.

Link:

Lauren Wise, an associate professor of epidemiology at the Boston University School of Public Health, suggested high-intensity exercise might also disturb implantation (when a fertilized egg attaches to the uterus).

Ouch.

Jogging is not high intensity exercise and "might" is not proof of anything.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
12-02-2014, 11:10 PM
(12-02-2014 07:28 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  

You two should get a room. You're pissing all over the entire forum.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
13-02-2014, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2014 07:14 AM by Cathym112.)
(12-02-2014 08:17 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 08:12 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Jeez, I'm a man and it seems I know more about your anatomy than you do.

Link:

Ouch.

Jogging is not high intensity exercise and "might" is not proof of anything.

"Disturb" does not mean prevent either...

I was actually looking for an MD to confirm this. Not a PhD. Since the medical journals do not speak about this in the slightest, you are once again, making shit up in the form of old wives tales.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
13-02-2014, 07:39 AM
(05-02-2014 09:00 PM)trogit Wrote:  WOW! I walk away for two days! This is what I come back to! ; )

I have to agree with the ladies, this is a choice best left to them. And since I can't make the choice for them, nor should I, I can at least help to make it possible for them to have the choice.
After 16 pages I have come to the decision that pro choice is the only way to go.

Her body her choice. Like you I think this is one arena that men should back away from and let the women make the decisions.
13-02-2014, 07:52 AM
(13-02-2014 07:39 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  ...
Her body her choice. Like you I think this is one arena that men should back away from and let the women make the decisions.

I'd say, all arenas. I have completely delegated ALL authority to the women in my life. It is the only option for a peaceful existence.

But I agree with Frank...

(11-02-2014 05:27 PM)frankksj Wrote:  ...
If you'd only respected your role and stayed in the kitchen, cooking and making babies for your husbands,

... although it's the wrong order. The should make them before they cook them.

Evil_monster

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
17-02-2014, 06:21 AM
[Image: tumblr_m8j3goJyw21qd9m1wo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: protectinglife_590_438.jpg]

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 6 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
18-02-2014, 11:24 AM
This is normally one of those areas where I refuse to offer my true feelings because honestly it makes me feel ashamed that I have the feelings I do when it comes this particular topic. BUT I am learning and trying to just say what I feel instead of feeling bad about them so here goes.......

My first thought when people start talking about abortion is "oh my no no thats a person, killing people isn't right!!!" But then I slow down a bit and really think about it....here is the thing, a fetus isn't a whole person yet, its not like someone being murdered on the streets ya know. If they come out with proof that the tissues being aborted are feeling extreme pain and are under great distress that may change my feelings but I don't see that as scientifically viable. So anyway, when this topic comes up I have to think about killing in a deeper sense. My gut says killing is wrong but then at the same I realize that there are killings every second of the day all over the world that we don't even bat an eye at. Think of the animals that are slaughtered just to feed us humans, think of the organism that are killed off daily by our pollution, hell animals kill each other far more than humans kill each other. So, killing is a part of life. Now does that mean I feel it is ok just off anyone? NO. I don't believe in causing suffering and pain and I feel its wrong, no way to explain it its just how I feel. Again however I think there are different kinds of killing....the first being the intentional killing of something out of malice and such, this type of killing I consider murder. The other type of killing is when it is unintentional and can even apply to when I accidentally drop my bag of sidewalk salt on the grass and it kills the grass, not that big of a deal ya know. Then there is that type of killing where it is intentional but is part of the circle of life in a way, the butchering of the cow to feed the family, the putting down of a suffering family pet and even when a bear eats a salmon out of the river. Abortion kind of falls around the last type of killings for me. I don't particularly like the idea but at the same time I can see why it should happen.

Ya know alot of people that have children shouldn't, just sayin. It may do the child and society more harm if the parents were forced to have that baby and inadequately raise it then if they had aborted in the first place. Many children that are raised by horrid parents turn in to grown ups that are a threat to society ya know. My friend adopted a child that was raised by a mother who didn't want him to begin with but couldn't afford abortion. Unfortunately she was a horrible mother and the boy suffered and developed all sorts of issues over the years because of her bad parenting and environment. Once adopted he was still unable to overcome most of his issues even with the wonderful family he then lived with. This child is in his mid 20's now and quiet honestly has been a huge drag on society and is in fact a danger to others. He is currently in prison for murder, has knocked up several girls by rape and has done unspeakable acts to others. In a situation like this I honestly have to say it may have been better if his mother aborted him to begin with. I know this sounds harsh but it is what it is.

There are people out there who an unwanted child would ruin their own lives too.Sure, they could just put the baby up for adoption but sometimes carrying the child causes alot of emotional harm as well, not to mention the social stigma the pregnant girl/woman would face.

We can't make people have babies, they have a personal choice and we all want to be able to make personal choices and have our rights. A clump of cells will never know the difference but that parent that has to raise the child for 18plus years will......as well as the rest of us who will have to pay taxes to take care of that child. And don't even get me started on the overcrowding and population problem our world is facing!!!! That subject could really make me sound like jerk.Blush

I want to dwell in the land of rainbows and kittens and say let every child be born and loved but this isn't reality and we all know it. Killings are a part of life in some form, I don't like this fact but it is what it is.

http://iamtheclosetatheist.blogspot.com/
[+] 3 users Like Pearl's post