Abortion propaganda in the classroom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2012, 01:49 PM
RE: Abortion propaganda in the classroom
One issue you might have is with this being a school directly attached to religion I can only assume its within their rights to show their point of view as the right one.
I can only assume that by attached to religion you mean a religious school.

By the way very well written OP.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2012, 03:13 PM
I am in favor of abortion, but specially an early abortion. The earlier and easier, the better. Not a week of hesitation. And I think the current American system and anti-choice culture is unfriendly to that. It makes women hesitate and put back the decision and resolve to go to the clinic. Meanwhile, the fetus grows and increases all the risks involved.

Human life is a continuum. A fetus is not a person, it's a potential to be a person. Many people consider cutting down a memorable tree like a cedar as a bad thing. Yet they don't mind eating seeds from which such a tree could grow. Nope, they eat the pine or cedar seeds by handfuls. Does it mean they destroy whole acres of potential forests?
Does it mean that abortion doctors kill actual people? In principle, it's the same.

There's a lot more to being human than a fetus has, religious people should be first to accept that. Yet for some reason they're so squeamish about the physical body. What about the rest of body mass, the nerve system, the parents' love and upbringing, the life experience, the education and judgement? The ability to think? Physiologic functions of a fetus aren't enough to be declared human. There is no clear border, but neither it is between seeds and trees.

Abortion doctors do an important and thankless job. They prevent the suffering of unwanted children. And mothers. It's not their fault that religious people think the souls of the fetuses (is that a right inflexion?) are automatically going to suffer in Hell forever. Blame God.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
10-05-2012, 03:16 PM
(10-05-2012 03:13 PM)Luminon Wrote:  I am in favor of abortion, but specially an early abortion. The earlier and easier, the better. Not a week of hesitation. And I think the current American system and anti-choice culture is unfriendly to that. It makes women hesitate and put back the decision and resolve to go to the clinic. Meanwhile, the fetus grows and increases all the risks involved.

Human life is a continuum. A fetus is not a person, it's a potential to be a person. Many people consider cutting down a memorable tree like a cedar as a bad thing. Yet they don't mind eating seeds from which such a tree could grow. Nope, they eat the pine or cedar seeds by handfuls. Does it mean they destroy whole acres of potential forests?
Does it mean that abortion doctors kill actual people? In principle, it's the same.

There's a lot more to being human than a fetus has, religious people should be first to accept that. Yet for some reason they're so squeamish about the physical body. What about the rest of body mass, the nerve system, the parents' love and upbringing, the life experience, the education and judgement? The ability to think? Physiologic functions of a fetus aren't enough to be declared human. There is no clear border, but neither it is between seeds and trees.

Abortion doctors do an important and thankless job. They prevent the suffering of unwanted children. And mothers. It's not their fault that religious people think the souls of the fetuses (is that a right inflexion?) are automatically going to suffer in Hell forever. Blame God.
I personally think a ban on abortions after the 1st trimester is fair to both sides.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post