Poll: Which is worse?
Scenario 1: Unconditional Forced Birth
Scenario 2: Forced Abortion
[Show Results]

Abortion. two decisions, which is worse?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2014, 03:14 AM
RE: Abortion. two decisions, which is worse?
(08-02-2014 12:51 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  EvolutionKills, would your answer change if the punishment in Scenario 1 was 5 years of prison instead of death?

Yes and no. It is no longer clearly the worst option, all it does is more it closer to scenario 2; but scenario 2 as it is has a lot of gray area wiggle room. Depending on the specifics, I could see scenario 2 being better or worse than scenario 1 with 5 year sentences.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
08-02-2014, 04:26 AM
Difficult question but my first guess is that scenario 1 is worse for individual women. Scenario 2 is worse for society because it is going down the road of Eugenics.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
08-02-2014, 07:39 AM
Both options suck.
[+] 3 users Like donotwant's post
08-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Adrianime, you know I love ya and all but both choices Really Suck! Spor is right tho - only option #2 is enforceable. These both just really stink.

What you DO have here, however, is a great movie plot. Talk about a movie getting some serious media attention and FOX news foaming at the mouth? Please...........get busy with that screenplay !! lol

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
08-02-2014, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2014 10:33 AM by Adrianime.)
I don't understand why scenario 1 wouldn't be enforceable. If we just *pretend* for a bit that protesting/riots/interventions from other nations won't take place...I can see an extremely religious nation that believed abortion was murder in all cases enforcing an unconditional forced birth law.

I didn't say abortions wouldn't happen in Country 1. I just said what the punishment was if the abortion was discovered. Of course no law can ever be enforced if authorities never learn of the "crime". But it will still be part of the society, and enforced whenever possible (in scenario 1).

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
08-02-2014, 10:16 AM
(08-02-2014 07:59 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Adrianime, you know I love ya and all but both choices Really Suck! Spor is right tho - only option #2 is enforceable. These both just really stink.

What you DO have here, however, is a great movie plot. Talk about a movie getting some serious media attention and FOX news foaming at the mouth? Please...........get busy with that screenplay !! lol
Haha good! I wanted both choices to suck, so I'm glad I had that effect on SOMEONE.

I was initially going to put a 3rd option in poll "both are equally bad". But I was scared everybody would choose that, and it would kill the whole experiment.

The idea is to force people to make a choice! Seems most people want to live in the "qualified to reproduce" society so far.

Haha, and yes, I should totally make a movie of a young couple escaping society 1 into society 2. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
08-02-2014, 01:03 PM
I think the option 1 is worse, the violation of rights are equivalent, but in 1 the penalty is worse. It also forces the production of a lot of suffering of the unwanted kids, the second option at least doesn't produce more population that will suffer unnecessarily, and studying and taking the test would be easier than giving birth.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
08-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Neither is acceptable. In either scenario I would join the resistance. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
08-02-2014, 11:01 PM
(08-02-2014 11:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Neither is acceptable. In either scenario I would join the resistance. Dodgy

I was thinking the same thing Yes both are equally abhorrent IMO.
09-02-2014, 12:30 AM
Chas and Emily ...

You both lost the game.

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post