Poll: Which is worse?
Scenario 1: Unconditional Forced Birth
Scenario 2: Forced Abortion
[Show Results]

Abortion. two decisions, which is worse?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2014, 12:34 PM
RE: Abortion. two decisions, which is worse?
(09-02-2014 12:30 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Chas and Emily ...

You both lost the game.

No, your game was flawed. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2014, 12:40 PM
I imagine that these both are horrible things to have to go through.

O.o
Find all posts by this user
12-02-2014, 12:24 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 12:29 AM by toadaly.)
(08-02-2014 12:09 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Scenario 1: The government has mandated that abortions are never allowed under any circumstances (not even danger to the woman). Any woman found to have had an abortion, and any medical professional found to have given an abortion will be lawfully put to death.

Scenario 2: The government has mandated that the right to reproduce is only held by those qualified to do so. To be qualified you must pass very difficult requirements regarding finances, education, personal beliefs, knowledge of child development, knowledge of child rearing, marital status, etc. If you are not deemed qualified to reproduce, you are forced to get an abortion upon becoming pregnant. If you have the child without qualification, the child will be seized and kept from you for all of your life. You (and assisting medical staff) will also be jailed for 2-4 years.

So which scenario is worse? Imagine you had to choose one country to live in. Which would you NOT choose?

IMHO, scenario 2 is worse, because it would have impacted me personally.

edit: a couple of other points
- since (2) is more enforcable, it's also worse for that reason
- although I do support abortion rights, forcing someone to carry to term is a 9 month sentence, option (2) is for life

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 1 user Likes toadaly's post
12-02-2014, 02:07 AM
Yeah, I am unable to commit to one of the two choices given. They negate my idea of choice; neither can reflect any essence of me, creates a conundrum within me if I commit to a choice.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 2 users Like Dee's post