About God and Knowledge and its nasty implications

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2013, 07:15 PM
RE: About God and Knowledge and its nasty implications
In summary the op thinks humans don't have creative imaginations.
Or that God is like Apple at the patent office of creativity.

We are born with an Eula that states god has sole rights to any creative thoughts.
So God therefore is Apple and Facebook.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2013, 07:17 PM
[Image: what-the-fuck-am-i-reading.jpg]

Try explaining yourself more clearly.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 5 users Like grizzlysnake's post
24-10-2013, 07:18 PM
(24-10-2013 07:09 PM)Impulse Wrote:  By your own reasoning, God would only have to create the concept, not the actual thing, no matter what the thing is. There would be no necessity to actually create it.

He would have to create the concept to have knowledge about the concept. He would have to make it reality know about it in a real sense.
24-10-2013, 07:19 PM
(24-10-2013 07:15 PM)sporehux Wrote:  In summary the op thinks humans don't have creative imaginations.
Or that God is like Apple at the patent office of creativity.

We are born with an Eula that states god has sole rights to any creative thoughts.
So God therefore is Apple and Facebook.

If you're saying that god is an entity that the majority of the population thinks enlightens them and they can't live without but is actually an evil concept created by man to control and extort.....I agree.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
24-10-2013, 07:22 PM
(24-10-2013 07:18 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 07:09 PM)Impulse Wrote:  By your own reasoning, God would only have to create the concept, not the actual thing, no matter what the thing is. There would be no necessity to actually create it.

He would have to create the concept to have knowledge about the concept. He would have to make it reality know about it in a real sense.

El Razor de Occam would state that man has created the concept, in order to have "knowledge" about what he lacks knowledge of.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
24-10-2013, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure what I'm trying to say now, my iQ took a osmotic hit from reading the OP.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 4 users Like sporehux's post
24-10-2013, 07:25 PM
(24-10-2013 07:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So by your logic your god HAD to create unicorns.

If God has knowledge about unicorns, they have to exist.

I don't think God has to be all knowing. So I don't think God had to create unicorns. But if He is all knowing, then yes, he would have had to create unicorns(or they would have to already exist) in order for Him to have knowledge about them.

My point is that if you can accept the possibility of God existing, then you have to accept the possibility of the Christian God existing....or any other god for that matter.
24-10-2013, 07:27 PM
(24-10-2013 07:25 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 07:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So by your logic your god HAD to create unicorns.

I don't think God has to be all knowing. So I don't think God had to create unicorns. But if He is all knowing, then yes, he would have had to create unicorns(or they would have to already exists) in order for Him to have knowledge about them.

So you are saying that they exist(ed)?

~ Umberto Eco
24-10-2013, 07:29 PM
(24-10-2013 07:25 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

I don't think God has to be all knowing. So I don't think God had to create unicorns. But if He is all knowing, then yes, he would have had to create unicorns(or they would have to already exist) in order for Him to have knowledge about them.

My point is that if you can accept the possibility of God existing, then you have to accept the possibility of the Christian God existing....or any other god for that matter.

So then, the logical conclusion from this, is that Christianity is as likely as unicorns to be true.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 10 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-10-2013, 07:34 PM
(24-10-2013 07:27 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 07:25 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If God has knowledge about unicorns, they have to exist.

I don't think God has to be all knowing. So I don't think God had to create unicorns. But if He is all knowing, then yes, he would have had to create unicorns(or they would have to already exists) in order for Him to have knowledge about them.

So you are saying that they exist(ed)?

Not necessarily in this world.

If God knows about them, then they must exist....somewhere......otherwise God only knows about the concept of them.