About God and Knowledge and its nasty implications

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: About God and Knowledge and its nasty implications
(25-10-2013 12:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Wait, can someone (who is not the OP) explain why omniscience and imagination are limited by nonexistence? I can imagine things that don't exist, without them necessarily existing; so why is this a stumbling block for a all-knowing god?

When you imagine something that doesn't exist as a physical thing, it still exists as a concept. You can't imagine something that doesn't exist either in the physical sense or the conceptual sense.

Try it....maybe it will occupy you for a while.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2013, 12:37 AM
(25-10-2013 12:29 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Can someone please just tell me if unicorns now exist or not? I have no idea what the fuck is going on. Can they run on rainbows? Can a potion made out of the ground powder of a unicorn horn extend your life by hundreds of years?

...I just don't know what to believe anymore...

Penny Arcade

[Image: i-hkwmrVF-950x10000.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-10-2013, 12:40 AM
So...HJ will you not even attempt to answer my questions?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
25-10-2013, 12:41 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2013 12:44 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(25-10-2013 12:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 12:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Wait, can someone (who is not the OP) explain why omniscience and imagination are limited by nonexistence? I can imagine things that don't exist, without them necessarily existing; so why is this a stumbling block for a all-knowing god?

When you imagine something that doesn't exist as a physical thing, it still exists as a concept. You can't imagine something that doesn't exist either in the physical sense or the conceptual sense.

Try it....maybe it will occupy you for a while.

This is why I specified and answer not from the OP. Dodgy

To move beyond a mere concept, you need evidence. A concept can exist as a concept, but to believe that it really exists you need evidence. A concept, in and of itself, is not proof of existence outside of imagination. There is a vast gap between the possible and the probable, something the religiously indoctrinated never seem to understand...

Also, we can think of things that don't yet exists as concepts; it's the how we create new ideas and concepts. Drinking Beverage

25-10-2013, 12:43 AM
HOLYSHIT!!! I just realized that the flying spaghetti monster really does exist. It wasn't just made up by some guys fucking with creationist. I mean it was made up by them, but now it's real, because they thought of it, then "God" is aware of it, because "he" is all knowing, and because "he" is all knowing and eternal, that means "he" always knew about the flying spaghetti monster, even before it was made up by those guys, so the flying spaghetti monster always existed.

Flying spaghetti monster is real!!! And Heywood Jahblome just proved it.

Oh man, I just had another thought. I thought, what if it were the reverse and FSM created "God"? Then I realized that because "God" knows that I thought that, that means that actually did happen, or else "God" couldn't know that I thought that, which "he" would have to know it because of the all knowing thing "he's" got going on, so that means it is true, and FSM did create "God".

But I just now created something else in my mind that created FSM who created "God" who created everything, but if I created in my mind the thing that created all of that, does that then mean, I'm God?!

HOLYSHIT!!! HEY GUYS, I'M GOD. I had no idea, but Heywood Jahblome just proved it. ...wow...so much responsibility...I wonder what I'll do first...

[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
25-10-2013, 12:44 AM
(25-10-2013 12:28 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  By your reasoning, anything, and I mean anything I could possibly conceive of in my mind, must exist somewhere, in some alternate universe, for this god to exist.

I agree that if the premises are true, then anything you can conceive of, provided it logically can exist in the physical sense, must have been created by God somewhere.......including your Pascal's wager imagined world where God tosses all the religious people in hell and rewards the skeptics with bliss. Hopefully your living in that one eh?
25-10-2013, 12:46 AM
(25-10-2013 12:43 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  HOLYSHIT!!! I just realized that the flying spaghetti monster really does exist. It wasn't just made up by some guys fucking with creationist. I mean it was made up by them, but now it's real, because they thought of it, then "God" is aware of it, because "he" is all knowing, and because "he" is all knowing and eternal, that means "he" always knew about the flying spaghetti monster, even before it was made up by those guys, so the flying spaghetti monster always existed.

Flying spaghetti monster is real!!! And Heywood Jahblome just proved it.

Oh man, I just had another thought. I thought, what if it were the reverse and FSM created "God"? Then I realized that because "God" knows that I thought that, that means that actually did happen, or else "God" couldn't know that I thought that, which "he" would have to know it because of the all knowing thing "he's" got going on, so that means it is true, and FSM did create "God".

But I just now created something else in my mind that created FSM who created "God" who created everything, but if I created in my mind the thing that created all of that, does that then mean, I'm God?!

HOLYSHIT!!! HEY GUYS, I'M GOD. I had no idea, but Heywood Jahblome just proved it. ...wow...so much responsibility...I wonder what I'll do first...

Shhhh!! Don't make me laugh so loud, my babies are sleeping!
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
25-10-2013, 12:49 AM
'provided it can logically exist in the physical sense' what, like god?
25-10-2013, 12:49 AM
(25-10-2013 12:43 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Flying spaghetti monster is real!!! And Heywood Jahblome just proved it.

If I proved it to you, then you must have accepted all the premises as true....including the one that states "God exists". I always knew you were a closet theist. I kept saying to myself...there goes RJ...he may be so far back in that closet that he is finding Christmas presents....but one day he will come out.

Congratulations man....welcome to theism....aint it nice?
25-10-2013, 12:51 AM
(25-10-2013 12:44 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 12:28 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  By your reasoning, anything, and I mean anything I could possibly conceive of in my mind, must exist somewhere, in some alternate universe, for this god to exist.

I agree that if the premises are true, then anything you can conceive of, provided it logically can exist in the physical sense, must have been created by God somewhere.......including your Pascal's wager imagined world where God tosses all the religious people in hell and rewards the skeptics with bliss. Hopefully your living in that one eh?

Appeal to consequence much? Dodgy