About Matthew 5:17 (Jesus said he has not come to change law)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2013, 09:04 PM
RE: About Matthew 5:17 (Jesus said he has not come to change law)
(05-01-2013 04:52 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 07:13 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I actually cornered a theist and told her, "Well, who is your master? Paul or Jesus? Pick one because they contrast each other." Never got a straight answer back.
Can you be more specific about how they contrast each other?
If you feel up to it Smile

Great videos, thanks.

@Chas because I'd like to get good at debating with this nonsense to try and at least open some peoples minds. The amount of people that believe in this stuff is really disheartening.
I guess I can help out.

Jesus affirming the Old Testament.
Matthew 5:17 says, "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill"
John 14:15 says, "If you love Me, keep My commandments."

Paul/Saul of tarsis, negating the Old Testament
Galatians 2:16 "Knowing this that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law, for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."
Ephesians 2:15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace,
Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: About Matthew 5:17 (Jesus said he has not come to change law) - fstratzero - 05-01-2013 09:04 PM