About giving tithes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2014, 02:29 PM
RE: About giving thites.
(20-02-2014 02:25 PM)netninja Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 02:20 PM)Drich Wrote:  So your not a fan of the movies?
now come on!!! I't is not the same thing and I'm a sucker for movies.

Why isn't it the same thing if going in we both know and get what we want?

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2014, 02:31 PM
A tithe in Christianity is an opportunistic way to milk money from those who can least afford it. Nothing in the New Testament justifies mandating a tithe among followers of Christianity.
20-02-2014, 02:40 PM
(20-02-2014 02:27 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 02:22 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Why would god need money ?
God does not ask for money. Churches do.

Quote:Churchs already get enough tax breaks, and people are free to donate if they would choose to do so without the guilt trip. These places often times prey on the old and poor.... and that IMO is wrong.
To give money is to be free of it. We give because we are not own by what we have. It is easier for the poor to give because there is much less to be controled by.

You've got a point there, I live by a very minimalistic code and I understand about being free of money but still, money is a basic need, without money you can't do much. Why would god wanna take that away from someone who needs it more than he does? And why give your money to the church when you can give it personally to a person in need? Charity doesn't need administrators..

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
20-02-2014, 02:43 PM
(20-02-2014 02:29 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 02:25 PM)netninja Wrote:  now come on!!! I't is not the same thing and I'm a sucker for movies.

Why isn't it the same thing if going in we both know and get what we want?

I go to the movies for entertainment and am fully aware that a movie is telling a story. Churches lie all the time and people don't know they are being deceived.

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
[+] 2 users Like netninja's post
20-02-2014, 02:47 PM
What the fuck's a thite?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
20-02-2014, 02:50 PM
(20-02-2014 02:40 PM)netninja Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 02:27 PM)Drich Wrote:  God does not ask for money. Churches do.

To give money is to be free of it. We give because we are not own by what we have. It is easier for the poor to give because there is much less to be controled by.

You've got a point there, I live by a very minimalistic code and I understand about being free of money but still, money is a basic need, without money you can't do much. Why would god wanna take that away from someone who needs it more than he does? And why give your money to the church when you can give it personally to a person in need? Charity doesn't need administrators..

We are only ever instructed to give as our hearts will allow. and to not give begrudgingly.. outside of that there is no mandate. Those who teach will have some 'splaining' to do when they get home.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
20-02-2014, 02:51 PM
(20-02-2014 02:47 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  What the fuck's a thite?

In the OT Jews were instructed to give 10% of their first fruits to God/The Church. This was so the priests could live and redistribute money as they needed it.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

20-02-2014, 02:53 PM
netninja, just ignore Drich, he thinks he's got a fish on the hook with you. The guys a loser holy roller trying to beat you in the head with his version of religion. Drinking Beverage

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
20-02-2014, 02:59 PM
(20-02-2014 02:51 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 02:47 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  What the fuck's a thite?

In the OT Jews were instructed to give 10% of their first fruits to God/The Church. This was so the priests could live and redistribute money as they needed it.

It's called a T I T H E.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

20-02-2014, 03:11 PM
(20-02-2014 02:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 02:51 PM)Drich Wrote:  In the OT Jews were instructed to give 10% of their first fruits to God/The Church. This was so the priests could live and redistribute money as they needed it.

It's called a T I T H E.

I know what the meant and saw the error, but , guess who didnt see it and answered the question. Drich-wipe Laugh out load

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.