About giving tithes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2014, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2014 03:18 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: About giving thites.
(20-02-2014 02:47 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  What the fuck's a thite?

1. If you are a member of Bucky's family it's a kitty cat, (actually a "thithy thite"), since my little brother couldn't pronounce "kitty cat" when he was about 1.5 years old, and it stuck.
2. It you have a lisp, it's a "site".
3. If it's Drich's brain, it's a hollow site. Weeping

(20-02-2014 02:51 PM)Drich Wrote:  In the OT Jews were instructed to give 10% of their first fruits to God/The Church. This was so the priests could live and redistribute money as they needed it.

You really are dumb as dogshit. In the Old Testament the people were commanded, (in laws written BY The Levites) to give TO the Levites (themselves), approximately 20-25% % of their produce. If most people got to write the laws in which it was determined how much THEY got, how much would they say was their "share" ? LMAO. The Levites then were to "store up", in the "storehouse" (for the PEOPLE BTW, NOT Yahweh the War God), 10 %. THAT is where the "tithe" (or "tenth") came from. There was no "church" in the OT, you ignorant ass. As for your prior comment, it's not "own" by it, it's "owned by" it. You really have NO basic education do you. Did you even "gradumatate" from Grade School ?

BTW I know some atheist philanthropists who give away 90 %+ of their income. Generosity has no relationship to one's belief status.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-02-2014, 03:19 PM
(20-02-2014 03:11 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 02:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's called a T I T H E.

I know what the meant and saw the error, but , guess who didnt see it and answered the question. Drich-wipe Laugh out load

I figured you did and some others. I feel like Vosur because each time I see this thread, it just makes me crazy.

Facepalm

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

20-02-2014, 03:21 PM
(20-02-2014 03:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 02:47 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  What the fuck's a thite?

1. If you are a member of Bucky's family it's a kitty cat, (actually a "thithy thite"), since my little brother couldn't pronounce "kitty cat" when he was about 1.5 years old, and it stuck.

(20-02-2014 02:51 PM)Drich Wrote:  In the OT Jews were instructed to give 10% of their first fruits to God/The Church. This was so the priests could live and redistribute money as they needed it.

You really are dumb as dogshit. In the Old Testament the people were commanded, (in laws written BY The Levites) to give TO the Levites (themselves), approximately 20-25% % of their produce. If most people got to write the laws in which it was determined how much THEY got, how much would they say was their "share" ? LMAO. The Levites then were to "store up", in the "storehouse" (for the PEOPLE BTW, NOT Yahweh the War God), 10 %. THAT is where the "tithe" (or "tenth") came from. There was no "church" in the OT, you ignorant ass. As for your prior comment, it's not "own" by it, it's "owned by" it. You really have NO basic education do you. Did you even "gradumatate" from Grade School ?

BTW I know some atheist philanthropists who give away 90 %+ of their income. Generosity has no relationship to one's belief status.

Have I told you lately Bucky how much I love you?

20-02-2014, 03:22 PM
(20-02-2014 03:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 03:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  1. If you are a member of Bucky's family it's a kitty cat, (actually a "thithy thite"), since my little brother couldn't pronounce "kitty cat" when he was about 1.5 years old, and it stuck.

Have I told you lately Bucky how much I love you?

Me too !! Heart Hug

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Never mind (redundant post).
20-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Ok, can someone... the OP or a mod... please correct the thread title?
20-02-2014, 03:40 PM
(20-02-2014 03:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 03:11 PM)War Horse Wrote:  I know what the meant and saw the error, but , guess who didnt see it and answered the question. Drich-wipe Laugh out load

I figured you did and some others. I feel like Vosur because each time I see this thread, it just makes me crazy.

Facepalm

Yeah , I took it as Paranoidsam was making fun with the question and Drip boy had to chime in. Laugh out load

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
20-02-2014, 03:48 PM
I would think that god could just create money for his church kind of like the Fed creating money for the US bankers?

On further reflection, the Fed has demonstrated more magical powers than god has. Perhaps we should be worshiping the Federal reserve bank not god.
20-02-2014, 03:55 PM
(20-02-2014 02:29 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 02:25 PM)netninja Wrote:  now come on!!! I't is not the same thing and I'm a sucker for movies.

Why isn't it the same thing if going in we both know and get what we want?

Because people go to the movies knowing that they are in for a couple of hours where they have to suspend belief.

I doubt anyone is indoctrinating their children with the belief that if they don't believe in Harry Potter, they will be tortured by Valdimort.
20-02-2014, 04:35 PM
(20-02-2014 03:31 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  Ok, can someone... the OP or a mod... please correct the thread title?

I would love to. Smile Really. But that's not my place.

The op can edit their title.