About special pleadings.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
06-10-2014, 02:44 PM
RE: About special pleadings.
(06-10-2014 09:14 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Actually I think "he" is a "she". I happened onto a "Heywood Jahblome" in the comment section of a youtube video. She has a picture of a female for her avatar.

It's a popular joke name. It wouldn't surprise me if well over a hundred different people were using that user name across various sites.

The morning show I listen to used to do a PA Prank segment where they'd get the person at the store to page names like this and record it. Heywood Jahblome was one they did back in 2006 or so. They also had such gems as:
  • Ila Vanal
  • Wilma Johnson-Fitner
  • Hugh Jeffencock
  • Doug Upperbush
  • Sofonda Cox
  • Ilene Backenswallow
  • Alita Declater

I miss that bit...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 03:21 PM
(06-10-2014 02:44 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 09:14 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Actually I think "he" is a "she". I happened onto a "Heywood Jahblome" in the comment section of a youtube video. She has a picture of a female for her avatar.

It's a popular joke name. It wouldn't surprise me if well over a hundred different people were using that user name across various sites.

The morning show I listen to used to do a PA Prank segment where they'd get the person at the store to page names like this and record it. Heywood Jahblome was one they did back in 2006 or so. They also had such gems as:
  • Ila Vanal
  • Wilma Johnson-Fitner
  • Hugh Jeffencock
  • Doug Upperbush
  • Sofonda Cox
  • Ilene Backenswallow
  • Alita Declater

I miss that bit...

Except the Heywood Jahblome on the youtube comments is posting the same nonsense as she does here. The youtube is something to do with religion, can't remember exactly what the video is.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-10-2014, 03:54 PM
(04-10-2014 08:04 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 05:08 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Problem with this claim is that no-one has ever observed a coming into existence event. So we can't claim whether that event requires a cause or not.
Energy is neither created nor destroyed.

What you are doing here is challenging a premise. A faulty premise does not make a special pleading.
It's not special pleading for someone to state that the coming into existence of the energy/matter of our observable universe doesn't require a cause.
There is no precedent of any coming into existence event.
06-10-2014, 04:16 PM
(06-10-2014 03:54 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 08:04 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  What you are doing here is challenging a premise. A faulty premise does not make a special pleading.
It's not special pleading for someone to state that the coming into existence of the energy/matter of our observable universe doesn't require a cause.

Isn't there a special room here in the forum for these guys??????
If not
Can we build one??

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
06-10-2014, 04:17 PM
(06-10-2014 03:54 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 08:04 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  What you are doing here is challenging a premise. A faulty premise does not make a special pleading.

Isn't there a special room here in the forum for these guys??????
If not
Can we build one??

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
06-10-2014, 04:23 PM
(06-10-2014 03:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 02:44 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  It's a popular joke name. It wouldn't surprise me if well over a hundred different people were using that user name across various sites.

• Ila Vanal
  • Wilma Johnson-Fitner
  • Hugh Jeffencock
  • Doug Upperbush
  • Sofonda Cox
  • Ilene Backenswallow
  • Alita Declater

I miss that bit...

Except the Heywood Jahblome on the youtube comments is posting the same nonsense as she does here. The youtube is something to do with religion, can't remember exactly what the video is.

Got a link?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2014, 06:47 PM
So is this 'special' special pleading?
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
06-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Oh it's "special" all right.Hobo

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
07-10-2014, 07:30 AM
(06-10-2014 06:47 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  So is this 'special' special pleading?

I think so. He was using special pleading to justify his example of special pleading. It's a double whammy.
[+] 1 user Likes xieulong's post
07-10-2014, 09:09 AM
(04-10-2014 02:08 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  God by most definitions is eternal.
Eternal yes... it does appear there is no end to the bullshit. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post